View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 SPMOTOSTORE REVIEW 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 zuma - t-mod
Post SPMOTOSTORE REVIEW
I placed an order with SPMoto on November 18th for 4 items. I waited the 8-10 business days{they suggest} but nothing. I contact them and find that they are waiting for the cylinder kit to come in but will ship as soon as it does. They listed the part as "in stock" when I ordered but it wasn't actually in stock. Well a week later I do indeed get my order , well most of it. I got the cylinder and the small end bearing and an exhaust gasket but NOT the gasket set. The invoice stated that was backordered but that it would be shipped soon. I finally hear back from SPMoto today on that gasket set.

Quote:
Your gasket set have been ship today via air mail. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this gasket set have never been in stock in store, we have ordered specially for you from the warehouse in Germany. They take more time due to holiday season. Hope you will receive soon.

They never have it in stock!??? :confused:
Then why list it as "in stock" on the website? :doh:
I am very pissed and I will never buy from them again. :piss2: SPMoto :piss:

Last edited by speedandstyle on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:59 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: SPMoto - "in stock" means nothing!
are you slpiting the case that you need a gasket set
the kit should come with a new base and head gasket the only other one you would need is an exhaust gasket

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:52 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
if you have to buy items to keep in inventory it costs money

or you can take a customers money, then turn around and order the parts from your supplier

they dont care if you have to wait, they already have your money making interest off of it

this is the nice thing about running internet businesses
not much overhead if you choose

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
ZUMIKE wrote:
if you have to buy items to keep in inventory it costs money

or you can take a customers money, then turn around and order the parts from your supplier

they dont care if you have to wait, they already have your money making interest off of it

this is the nice thing about running internet businesses
not much overhead if you choose

you do know that sp isnt just an internet business but an actaul brick and mortar store with a sales web site

and hell many brick and mortar stores dont stock a lot of dookie any more and some requre partial to full payment for ordered parts ahead of time so you can be in the same boat there

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:24 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

yes
my post also applies to internet run businesses too

if you have a web site that shows items in stock or not, then keep it updated
how hard is that
im sure it could be tied in automatically when someone purchases products

I run into this alot

If im purchasing from a brick and motor store I will walk into the store or call before going there to see if its in stock
I have no problems ordering parts from stores because I know its not in stock at time of purchase
Not paying good money and having to chase down someone later to find out its not in stock

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

well it can be a lot harder then you think
if you pos program at the store doesnt interface with your pos program on the web
but also when you have pos you grab the part right away
when you have an internet sale you grab the part when you are processing your internet sales for the day

so if the programs arent talking to each other then thee internet doenst know its out of stock or the person at the parts counter doesnt know its already been sold

or you get the good old well the computer doesnt say there is any but i saw one so the guy at the aprts counter goes and takes the one off the shelf not knowing its been sold even if they are talking to each other

or the guy doing the repairs goes and grabs the part off the shelf to fix the one he is working on and being the repair isnt completed it may not come out of the inventory on the pos system till the repair is completed and payed for

i dont thing that the part was actualy never in stock as i have gotten gasket sets from them when i bought stuff to rebuild a bore from them
unless you get lucky and are talking to the one guy who speaks good english in the shop french is the language they speak so it could be a translation error

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:51 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

sounds like your mr excuse

I dont tolerate businesses run like that
no contact with the buyer, unless the buyer contacts them

and sending the order incomplete with no warning

shitty service

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:57 am
Profile WWW
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

ZUMIKE wrote:
sounds like your mr excuse

I dont tolerate businesses run like that
no contact with the buyer, unless the buyer contacts them

and sending the order incomplete with no warning

shitty service

a partial order is shity service is your opnion i would personaly have some of my parts then none of my parts
and like i said there should be no need for a gasket set when doing this as the kit should come with gaskets so meybe the person who was procesing the order said hey maybe just maybe it will help the guy out if we send it partial

so you have never called a brick and mortar shop for a part had them say it was on hand and gotten there to pick it up to find that it wasnt on hand
dookie happens inventories get fucked up people enter wrong numbers people forget to take things out of inventory

its very aparent that you have never worked in a retail situation or you might have a bit of a clue as to how easily things can get fucked up on one end

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:10 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am not going to split the case unless I find some reason I have to. I need a new gasket for the CVT cover and it is only a couple of extra dollars for the full set. I like to have extra gaskets and seals on hand , just in case. I also was trying to add an extra item to share the shipping cost.

I do not mind items being "drop shipped" as long as the seller lists it that way. BUT they listed it as "in stock" not "special order" or "drop shipped". Also it is a gasket set , a basic item and should be the kind of thing you have in stock , similar to spark plugs and rollers. I am also not impressed with their communication as I only get info after I bug them.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:04 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

so you were getting the oem yamaha set of gaskets
i find it odd that they would have to have that shipped from germany
and my bet is that the wrenches in the shop grabed what was already sold then and didnt take it out of inventory or look to see if it was sold for an online sale
but thats the down side to ordering from a palce that is both a brick and mortar store repair shop and internet store the person farthest away gets the short end of the deal
i havent had a cvt gasket for over 10,000 miles hell look at how many of us put holes in our cvts

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:11 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

The set was Motoforce brand , not OEM. The only gasket set SPMoto had listed. If you read what SPMoto said they NEVER have that part in stock they special order it from Germany. The TP Trophy 50cc kit I ordered from them was also a special order item although they listed that as being in stock as well.

As for why I bought the gasket set - I prefer good gaskets! I will reuse a gasket as long as it isn't ripped or wrinkled but the CVT gasket tore a bit last time and so I wanted to replace it. I do not like using the gasket goop , fine for an emergency repair but not for general use.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:28 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Got the gasket set today! It was not dropped shipped however, it was shipped from SPmoto in Canada. I guess they get theirs from Germany? But it would mean that they forgot that I was suppose to get one until I complained because it was shipped the very next day!

The only thing I know is that SPMoto sucks!!!

The original order was placed on November 18th , today is January 21st and I just got the last of the 4 items I ordered from them. When I placed my order all 4 parts were listed as being "in stock" on their webpage but as it turned out 2 were not actually there. Their lack of communication is extreme, they only replied after I asked about my order. They were never very apologetic, in fact they made excuses, such as the "we never have that item in stock and have to get it from Germany". I also had some issues with my order to SPI but at least Louie was on the ball with communication and very apologetic and even went to his own expense to make up for it. I hope somebody from SPMoto reads this and they actually take it to heart and make some changes.

I will never do business with SPMoto again! I recommend that everybody else find other outlets too!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:53 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 05 Z50 4200 miles, 70cc Polini, 84 jet, Leo Vince zx, Athena Variator, stock clutch w/LV yellow springs and Athena contr
Post Re: SPMoto "in stock" means nothing! They SUCK! do not buy f
SnS, are you aware that what you're posting could damage their business? And that people run businesses to feed their families?

I understand that you had bad customer service and your gaskets were delayed. That shouldn't happen. But this is way OTT. Someone will read it and the only thing they'll remember is your last sentence.

Uncool in my opinion.

'05 Zuma 50, Athena sport 70cc (12mm piston) with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Yasuni C16 exhaust, Buzzetti kick stand to make room for it (and Stage6 paddock stand after dropping the freaking bike because of the kick stand); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 15/50 gears (also have 14/42s pressed into a gearbox cover, just switched back and like the 15/50s so far); 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, "racing" red springs/lighter "racing" counterweights ± 6800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke (bell - the light one); Malossi 6112811 Overrange kit, red contra and 28.2G rollers; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; back to the stock shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:36 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 05 Z50 4200 miles, 70cc Polini, 84 jet, Leo Vince zx, Athena Variator, stock clutch w/LV yellow springs and Athena contr
I don't think I've bought anything from them, by the way. It's just that your posts here make me cringe.

'05 Zuma 50, Athena sport 70cc (12mm piston) with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Yasuni C16 exhaust, Buzzetti kick stand to make room for it (and Stage6 paddock stand after dropping the freaking bike because of the kick stand); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 15/50 gears (also have 14/42s pressed into a gearbox cover, just switched back and like the 15/50s so far); 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, "racing" red springs/lighter "racing" counterweights ± 6800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke (bell - the light one); Malossi 6112811 Overrange kit, red contra and 28.2G rollers; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; back to the stock shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:38 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

2 months for gaskets that were listed in stock is a shitty run buisness
Im dealing with 2 people now waiting 1 month for parts
one guy keeps sending the totally wrong part, the other is MIA but responds to me posting neg comments on his you tube page not e mail

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next