View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:59 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 SPMOTOSTORE REVIEW 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 zuma - t-mod
Post Re: SPMoto "in stock" means nothing! They SUCK! do not buy f
Nick Batzdorf wrote:
SnS, are you aware that what you're posting could damage their business? And that people run businesses to feed their families?

I understand that you had bad customer service and your gaskets were delayed. That shouldn't happen. But this is way OTT. Someone will read it and the only thing they'll remember is your last sentence.

Uncool in my opinion.

My intent is NOT to ruin their business but for them to wake up and fix their problems. Over the top? NO! At the top? Maybe. They did so many things wrong with my order it isn't funny. They lied on their webpage not about one item being in stock but two! They made excuses for the delays. They only communicated after I complained although they did reply within one business day once I did. They offered no apology for the problems and have done nothing to try and make up for the problems. I have worked in retail and have owned my own business before so I know all about doing what you need to make the customer happy , they did none.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 05 Z50 4200 miles, 70cc Polini, 84 jet, Leo Vince zx, Athena Variator, stock clutch w/LV yellow springs and Athena contr
"They SUCK! do not buy from" looks a lot to me like trying to ruin their business.

"They need to wake up and fix their problems" is what I would write if I wanted them to wake up and fix their problems.

My training as a magazine editor (and especially an equipment reviewer) and also my experience running small businesses makes me tread very carefully so I don't damage someone's livelihood.

Again, I understand that they fucked up. That's not the issue.

'05 Zuma 50, Athena sport 70cc (12mm piston) with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Yasuni C16 exhaust, Buzzetti kick stand to make room for it (and Stage6 paddock stand after dropping the freaking bike because of the kick stand); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 15/50 gears (also have 14/42s pressed into a gearbox cover, just switched back and like the 15/50s so far); 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, "racing" red springs/lighter "racing" counterweights ± 6800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke (bell - the light one); Malossi 6112811 Overrange kit, red contra and 28.2G rollers; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; back to the stock shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:32 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Nick Batzdorf wrote:
"They SUCK! do not buy from" looks a lot to me like trying to ruin their business.

"They need to wake up and fix their problems" is what I would write if I wanted them to wake up and fix their problems.

My training as a magazine editor (and especially an equipment reviewer) and also my experience running small businesses makes me tread very carefully so I don't damage someone's livelihood.

Again, I understand that they fucked up. That's not the issue.

In your line of work you could get sued depending on what you say or not get any items to review from that manufacture, then leads to nothing to review
almost like you must say some things are good just so you dont loose their buisness
because with nothing to review your out of a job

where the customer has every right to post what they want to say if its true

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2005 bws, 70cc
I buy from SPmoto almost primarily now, Never had a issue. Shipping is EXTREMELY fast. If i ordered well they were open it shipped that day, if i ordered well they were closed it shipped right in the morning. Prices are reasonable, not the best but being located in canada its worth the extra for me.

There a smaller store, i can see them not having EVERYTHING in stock. And dealing with inventory at my job i know how unreliable inventory systems are. Remember mistakes happen, don't get your panties in a bunch enough to slaughter there reputation. Go ahead give them dookie personally to see if they can make amends but common...

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:58 pm
Scoot Master

scooters and mods: Zuma 125 | Koso Afterburners | Smoked signal covers |
Negative feedback can be some of the most important feedback a company receives. I think post like this are important and can help a company improve in areas that need it. SPmoto should have an eye on forums like this, and they have the opportunity to respond privately or publicly to this poster. Now yes we do need to keep in mind that mistakes happen and give the vendor a chance to offer a future discount, refund on shipping, or ect. I too deal with inventory systems and our company can not afford to have quickbooks linked with our online inventory, so it requires human intervention which can lead to errors. Even completely automated systems will have errors. So for me it's always balancing out good feedback and bad, almost every busy merchant has some bad feedback.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:46 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Neoteric wrote:
Negative feedback can be some of the most important feedback a company receives. I think post like this are important and can help a company improve in areas that need it. SPmoto should have an eye on forums like this, and they have the opportunity to respond privately or publicly to this poster.

If they were to do that , post a reply here , I would surely lessen my tongue lashing of them!

Vendeta44 wrote:
Prices are reasonable,

Remember mistakes happen, don't get your panties in a bunch enough to slaughter there reputation.

They do have pretty good prices , I will give you that.

If it was A mistake then I would not be having this rant. But they made one mistake after another and made excuses for them.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:19 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: Zuma 125 (162cc BBK) TMAX 530
Coming in here late but,

I make it a habit to call or e-mail to verify that parts are in stock before hitting the "SUBMIT" button from any parts vendor. There's not may vendors that sell our habit, so to nix one after they come thru in the end... is a bit of a over reaction IMHO. Be sides, every vendor has had a CS failure at one point or another. It may not have even been their fault, most of those guys outsource there webpage anyways. Chalk this one up as lesson learned, and drive on.

vr,
Daniel

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dynamo55b wrote:
Coming in here late but,

I make it a habit to call or e-mail to verify that parts are in stock before hitting the "SUBMIT" button from any parts vendor.

I did ask them about it. The main part ordered was a TP Trophy 50cc kit and I contacted them via email to confirm it was available and to see if the kit came with a roller bearing or not and what spark plug it used. They said it was available and that I would need to get a bearing as it did not include one and that it used the same plug as stock. The info about it being "available" was wrong as was the info on the spark plug. The instructions in the kit say you have to use an #8 plug instead of the stock #7. Just one of the many things they got wrong.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:46 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 05 Z50 4200 miles, 70cc Polini, 84 jet, Leo Vince zx, Athena Variator, stock clutch w/LV yellow springs and Athena contr
Zumike, they'd have no more of a case against me if what I wrote were true.

I also want to stress the difference between negative feedback and potentially damaging venom.

'05 Zuma 50, Athena sport 70cc (12mm piston) with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Yasuni C16 exhaust, Buzzetti kick stand to make room for it (and Stage6 paddock stand after dropping the freaking bike because of the kick stand); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 15/50 gears (also have 14/42s pressed into a gearbox cover, just switched back and like the 15/50s so far); 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, "racing" red springs/lighter "racing" counterweights ± 6800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke (bell - the light one); Malossi 6112811 Overrange kit, red contra and 28.2G rollers; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; back to the stock shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:01 pm
Scoot Master

scooters and mods: Zuma 125 | Koso Afterburners | Smoked signal covers |
Negative feedback vs potentially damaging venom??? So where is the line? Who gets to decide what an individual can say? Then if someone is telling others what they can say and can't when does that cross the line? (in the United States we have free speech~kinda)

Besides, it's the internet, if a person can't take it with a grain of salt, perhaps they should not be here.
People get overemotional, get over it, if you can't then you're probably being overemotional.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

My point exactly: it's up to the individual to exercise responsibility when he posts.

I don't see that happening here.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:15 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2005 bws, 70cc
This is turning into a moral debate. When the subject at hand is SPmoto.

And i think the thread has reached a fair verdict that MOST people are satisfied and understanding with SPmoto's way of business. Well some have higher expectations.

Can we all agree that this statement reflects the current views of the ON topic thread?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I will admit that I am very emotional about this because they made so many mistakes and it took so long for them to get me all of my items. If you think it is wrong for me to complain about this, then I am sorry for you. At least I have not let myself go to name calling and swearing. If this were a political debate many of you would degrade to that level. I quit posting and even reading the "america wake up" thread because it turned into a name calling free for all. I put this thread up so that others could see just how much of a problem SPMoto made of my order. I did get a weak apology from them today{reply to my complaint email}{it was a very polite email by the way}. I will admit that their English skills are poor and may be part of the issue , perhaps they think they are giving an apology but it isn't translating well. SPMoto is in Quebec which is mainly French speaking.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:20 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: SPMoto - buyer beware! you may have issues!
FWIW I don't think it's wrong for you to complain!

And when I call people names in a political debate here it's totally appropriate. :)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:26 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: Zuma 125 (162cc BBK) TMAX 530
Post Re: SPMoto - buyer beware! you may have issues!
Lol Nick...I think tolerated is the better word.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next