View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 6:22 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The buy/sell feedback post 

Last edited by zumaman on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:41 am
I bought some stuff from Zumaman.

It arrived in a timely manner, well packaged. No problems there.

The parts consisted of a "stock" exhaust and a bunch of stock tranny parts from an '05. He claimed that the parts didn't have that many miles on them, but the odometer cable broke at 400 miles so he didn't know for sure (that should have clued me in right there that something was up :bang: ).

The exhaust had been modified so it's super loud, and most of the tranny parts look more worn than the parts on my 10,000 mile Zuma.

I told you the whole story about the pipe and tranny. Did you even try them? You said that your torque driver and pins were ovaled out and was not shifting right. My tranny was NOT like that. It shifted just fine and the pipe had not been modded to my knowledge. Did you even check to see if the pipe was modded via a flashlight? I had and have nothing to hide!

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:20 pm
Newb
Newb

Just to add some positive facts.....Zumaman added a full set of turn signals to my package, and an Athena catalog, at no cost.

The pipe is on my scoot. I rode it to work the last couple of days. It's loud. It appears that a screwdriver or something had been jammed up the tailpipe and through the last baffle. It might have 1-2 mph better top end, but the 20-30 mph acceleration is slightly worse. I'm going to try to put a screw or bolt in the hole to quiet it down. Another thing I noticed was the pipe had a ton of carbon/oil buildup on the outside of the tailpipe. My pipe has absolutely none, and it has 10,600 miles on it. And I don't keep my scoot very clean.

I have not installed or tried the other parts. The variator pully has larger grooves than my well used one, and the torque driver is "notchier" through it's range of motion than mine as well. The variator cam plate appears to have somewhat less wear than mine (mine has pronounced grooves where the rollers sit at high rpm), so I'll install it and see. Hopefully it will downshift a bit earlier than mine.

I'm just sucking it up and going on, I'm not out that much money. I know better than to buy used scooter parts from a young kid, but did it anyway. My fault. Live and learn.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:16 pm
Scooterologist

Ive boughten parts from Zumaman with no issues. When you buy used parts......that is what you are getting. Keep in mind that if you want "like new", its best to pay triple and get them from yamaha. Now, if your buying from seymour, than its your damn fault.

CMR 45mm Full-Circle Stroker Crank, 54mm ported TK cylinder (103cc stroker), Keihin PE28 Carb (125 Main, middle, 42 pilot), Unifilter, Polini Reedcage, Delta Clutch, 1500rpm spring, Malossi Multivar, Bando Race Coil, 13/44 gears, Tecnigas RS, etc.........

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:25 pm
Scooterologist

Just to add some positive facts.....Zumaman added a full set of turn signals to my package, and an Athena catalog, at no cost.

The pipe is on my scoot. I rode it to work the last couple of days. It's loud. It appears that a screwdriver or something had been jammed up the tailpipe and through the last baffle. It might have 1-2 mph better top end, but the 20-30 mph acceleration is slightly worse. I'm going to try to put a screw or bolt in the hole to quiet it down. Another thing I noticed was the pipe had a ton of carbon/oil buildup on the outside of the tailpipe. My pipe has absolutely none, and it has 10,600 miles on it. And I don't keep my scoot very clean.

I have not installed or tried the other parts. The variator pully has larger grooves than my well used one, and the torque driver is "notchier" through it's range of motion than mine as well. The variator cam plate appears to have somewhat less wear than mine (mine has pronounced grooves where the rollers sit at high rpm), so I'll install it and see. Hopefully it will downshift a bit earlier than mine.

I'm just sucking it up and going on, I'm not out that much money. I know better than to buy used scooter parts from a young kid, but did it anyway. My fault. Live and learn.

What did you pay for all those parts....if you dont mind me asking.

CMR 45mm Full-Circle Stroker Crank, 54mm ported TK cylinder (103cc stroker), Keihin PE28 Carb (125 Main, middle, 42 pilot), Unifilter, Polini Reedcage, Delta Clutch, 1500rpm spring, Malossi Multivar, Bando Race Coil, 13/44 gears, Tecnigas RS, etc.........

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:27 pm

BTW, I am not a young kid!LOL

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:48 pm
Newb
Newb

This is what I was told when I asked about milage and condition of the stock parts:

"The parts dont have too many miles on them. I dont know the exact mileage, since the speedometer cable had busted on the previous owner at 400 miles. They are off a 2005 zuma, which has beeen adult riden since new, so the general mileage will be less than some of the older bikes. "

I wasn't expecting new parts. I was hoping for parts that were in better condition than my well used parts that have over 10,000 miles on them (have I mentioned that before?... ). And parts that were not modified. That's all. I don't think that's unreasonable when I'm told the parts are "stock". Maybe I didn't ask the right questions.

[I'm probably old enough to be your dad.......]

Anyway, It's over and done. I'm moving on.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:41 pm
Scooterologist

thats why return policies are good to have. or pictures

Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:11 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Zumaman Feedback
I bought wheels, rotar, and brake caliper from Zumaman. Great guy, good to deal with. Just got all my parts today and everything looks tip top. Just waiting for my forks and I should be good to go. I'll post pics of my conversion on here once I get the rest of the parts I need. A++++

:rock:

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:53 pm
I sold the chrome fan scoop to Robert (PZ) and his girl. Payment was prompt. He is a great guy. Now, they are going to fight over this scoop because it adds 8-10 mph to your top end!LOL I put it on and was speeding past Ninja 650s!

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:05 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received the fan scoop today, faster than I expected it to arrive. Zumaman included mounting hardware and instructions. Scoop was in good condition, and mounted without problems. I give this transaction a 5 out of 5.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
And your payment has not even cleared yet!LOL I trusted you.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:15 pm
Zumaforums V.I.P.

Post Re: The buy/sell feedback post
HI! I bought a used 2005 Zuma exhaust system from cstaup. The exhaust was in perfect condition, no scratches, dents or anything missing. It was packed very well so no damage could happen in shipping. Counldn't be happier with the product I received.....thanks cstaup!

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:42 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2