View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 YAMAHA ZUMA HOW TO CLEAN AND SERVICE THE REAR TORQUE CONVERT 
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: *2002 yamaha vino classic*
Post Re: How To Clean And Re-Grease Rear Sliding Sheave
?how did you remove the spring seat to access the pins? does it just slide off? if so then i have a bigger problem :doh:

Engine mods:
Motoforce Evo crank Stage 6 Streetrace kit Dellorto 17.5 man choke
Polini carbon fiber reeds. Gianelli shot exhaust
CVT mods:
Polini Variator. Hebo Driveface. Malossi Winged Clutch Bell. Stage 6 clutch springs
Suspension:
RDR Nitrogen Filled Shock (rear)
Frame:
Home fabricated 6" stretch 2" lower
ZF member #14

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:43 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

molefb wrote:
?how did you remove the spring seat to access the pins? does it just slide off? if so then i have a bigger problem :doh:

it should slide off with some effort, it's held there by the o-rings underneath, sometimes i have to pry it off with a flat blade screwdriver then twist the cover off by hand.

the stock grease is crap, i used valvoline synpower grease in my torque drivers & they really are great, minimum should be 10K kms between lubing, if you're racing then it should be done more frequently. if it's also oozing out grease from the seals it's time to replace them.

Yamaha Aerox R
MHR Team 6T 70cc (max tuned) + MHR Team Crank + SKF 6204 TN9 C3 bearings + Malossi VL12 reedvalves + Yasuni C21 exhaust pipe + Keihin PWK28 carb + PVL digital inner rotor ignition + Polini Evo SS9 vario kit + Bando belt + Polini 128mm rear pulley + Malossi red vario spring + Malossi Torsion Controller + MHR black clutchsprings + Delta clutch + Wing bell+ Polini 15/42 gear kit + Malossi RS24 rear damper + Bridgestone Racing Battlax tires + Aprilia rally 12" wheels

my "humble" trackday toy, 90+mph.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:13 pm
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2002 prebug (Canadian) stock
Reopening an old topic, but a great one. Newb here. Just taking it apart and I want to replace my contra spring while in there. I've got a pipe to put on it eventually. But want to ride it first to feel the differences my mods make. Here's my question. Can I install a yellow contra spring on an all stock bike? I'd rather replace it while it's off

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:02 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
question is what year if it’s 05 or older the clutches don’t play well with an after market contra spring

And color doesn’t mean squat what is it rated I can paint any spring yellow doesn’t mean it’s an stiffer then stock

Would I do it no heck I would sooner replace clutch springs with a pipe instead of the contra spring
The clutch spring allows it to refer higher and get into the power band before the clutch engagement
The contra spring controls how the pulley moves in and out so with just a contra spring you will still encounter a bog on take off

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:05 pm
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2002 prebug (Canadian) stock
Thanks for the response. Still reading and learning. The yellow one I was referring to was a 1500. I just finished reading the "how to tune your variator". Now I understand what your saying. I'll leave it stock for now until I put my exhaust on. I bought the ginailli extra. My bikes a 2002 Canadian prebug. Is the stock contra spring a 1000? Would still like to replace it while I'm in here. Bike runs perfect as is, just figured at 12,300km it's probably getting weak

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2