View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:36 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 The Definitive Zuma/ BWS FAQ - Discussion Tread 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post The Definitive Zuma/ BWS FAQ - Discussion Tread
This is a thread dedicated to Nifty50's "Definitive Zuma/BWS FAQ" thread found at

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=11750

Please post any questions/comments/flames, etc on THIS THREAD, to keep the FAQ one fairly "clean"

YELLOW 2008 BWs 50 - Zumaforums Member #2057
dual headlight mod, C3 Mirrors, TinyTach, JDM Tail light, Low Canadian OEM windshield
Top Performances Trophy 70 cc, MotoForce 17.5 mm PHVA clone 90 main jet (still tuning) with Stage6 Choke lever next to key
Malossi Variator 6 x 5.5g rollers (still tuning) Malossi Delta Clutch Red springs, (still tuning) Malossi Yellow contra spring (still tuning)
YES Muffler(Canadian, eh)
Stage6 43/13 Primary gears. 10.94 final drive ratio
COMING: STR8 oversized fan, Motoforce Evolution crank

70 cc of scootin' pleasure

Sun May 09, 2010 8:51 pm
Scooter Addict

Post Re: The Definitive Zuma/ BWS FAQ - Discussion Tread
This is amazing, can't wait to read it all. Thanks nifty!!!

Mon May 10, 2010 5:55 am
Scooterologist

Very, very nice. This is going to be an incredible resource for everybody... I'll frequent it often.

Black 2002 Zuma - Motoforce 50cc - Carbon fiber reeds - 80 main jet - 6g rollers in stock vari - Adige clutch w/ 12kg springs - Malossi white contra spring - Integrated Rear Blinkers - 16,500+ miles (ever increasing :D)

Mon May 10, 2010 7:32 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Are you going to address the pilot jet, in the carb section. It is one of the least discussed carb issues.

Wed May 12, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sure. I can address pilot jets. More research underway...

Keep the comments and suggestions coming!

BTW, I might not be able to keep editing the same 6-7 posts as more additions/corrections/improvements come in. I forgot that there is a limited amount of time available to edit your posts before they're "locked for editing". Bummer. Maybe I have to convince the management to give me "moderator" status for this single post so that I can keep it fresh and relatively short.

YELLOW 2008 BWs 50 - Zumaforums Member #2057
dual headlight mod, C3 Mirrors, TinyTach, JDM Tail light, Low Canadian OEM windshield
Top Performances Trophy 70 cc, MotoForce 17.5 mm PHVA clone 90 main jet (still tuning) with Stage6 Choke lever next to key
Malossi Variator 6 x 5.5g rollers (still tuning) Malossi Delta Clutch Red springs, (still tuning) Malossi Yellow contra spring (still tuning)
YES Muffler(Canadian, eh)
Stage6 43/13 Primary gears. 10.94 final drive ratio
COMING: STR8 oversized fan, Motoforce Evolution crank

70 cc of scootin' pleasure

Wed May 12, 2010 1:05 pm
Newb
Newb

I have an '09 zuma 50cc that I purchased new in August. Since then I have done the dual headlight mod and the carb throttle cam mod. Modifying the cam was easy and effective!
Today I just received a recall notice from Yamaha stating that emissions do not meet Canadian standards and they want to replace the carb and the induction system (AIS box) with new ones that reduce emmissions. I'm guessing this may in fact reduce power in the bike - can anybody tell me if this is going to reduce power or if it would be beneficial to performance.
Garth

Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:25 pm
Newb
Newb

Will the new 50F Zuma seat fit a 2005 Zuma ? Straight bolt on ? Thanks - oldfart

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:02 am
Newb
Newb

Just letting you know that the thread is in the 125 mods and performance section of the forum but all the information provided seems to be on the 50cc.

Sun May 06, 2018 11:42 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

SIK wrote:
Just letting you know that the thread is in the 125 mods and performance section of the forum but all the information provided seems to be on the 50cc.

If you look closely you will see it’s in the announcements pinned stuff so it will be at the top of every area

Mon May 07, 2018 6:13 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]