View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 YAMAHA ZUMA BUGEYE50 gas cap issue and Fox. 
Newb
Newb

Post Re: GAS CAP FIX
Thank you for the detailed pics. Saved me some cash! :cool:

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:04 pm
Scooterologist

vewcarp2970 wrote:
Thank you for the detailed pics. Saved me some cash! :cool:

Glad this was able to help you out. :)

2002 BWS50 next-gen | Stage6 Sport Pro MKII BBK | Stage6 Pro Replica exhaust | Carbon Fiber Reeds | Stage6 (Dellorto PHBG) 19mm Carb | Stock airbox with snorkel removed | Stage6 Manual Choke | Single throttle Conversion | Stage6 throttle | Premix 33:1 | LED signals | Handlebar swap | Stage6 clutch and bell | Trailtech Vapor Gauge | 82 Main jet / 40 idle jet

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:59 pm
Newb
Newb

Yeah, thanks for the post! I just got my scooter back from a friend and realized there was only half a cap. After some searching with the flashlight I saw all the parts bunched together in the corner of the tank. I fished everything out and I was also one-spring short - odd. I figured it might be caught behind the fuel gauge float bracket so I'll see if it moves after I drive it a bit. Otherwise I'll snag one from a pen :)

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 am
Newb
Newb

Any ideas on how to get one off that hasn't fallen apart, but tabs are gunked up & won't release? I can't get it off & I'm about to get a big hammer! :gonk:

John 11:25 Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life.* Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:00 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
As you said in the other topic ... be careful NOT to damage the neck of the tank.

do you think that there's any SUCTION holding the cap on ?? You said that it's been in the garage for years ... undisturbed.

I might sacrifice the cap ... you already put a wrench on it. I'd need to think about what it keeping it from turning off.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:18 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: currently building.....
My gas cap fell apart this Saturday when going to fill up. Just as I pulled the cap off to get gas.....screws, springs, washers, backplates and aluminum guides all went straight down into the tank. Fishing the shyte out is the hard part. 45 minutes later with my extend-a-magnet and some 18" needle nose pliers (so to say) all parts were retrieved. What a PIA!!!!

Mad props to an old brotha Sic_Scooter for posting this thread with pics. Priceless. Made my recovery instantaneous. 50 min instantaneous. 5 min for reassembly after all parts were had. Used two drops of blue loctite on each of the 2 screws and the phat beyotch sang.....

:cheers:

2005 Zuma-MKII Race, MKII 21MM PHBG 40/92, C16, 12mm Crank, B9HS/LBO5EP 5K Cap, Advanced Timing, +1 Ignition Coil, Premix 32:1, Derestricted Intake, VF3's, MHR OverRange Complete, 27 grams, MHR Delta Clutch, MHR Wing Bell, Red Contra, Blue Springs, Torsion Controller, 15/50 upgears (SOON 14/42), Oversize Fan, Snork removed, Start Block Off Plate, Throttle Cable and Single Pull Tube, Dual Headlight Mod, Integrated Rear Signals, Boppers, Tach/Temp Gauge, kickstand.

I GOT MACHETES AND SWORDS FOR ALL YOU FAGGOTS THAT ROAR....Image

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:06 am
Newb
Newb

Thank you sic_scooterfor posting these directions. They were spot on. I was even able to do inventory check with the first pic to make sure I fished every piece out of the gas tank.
:patriot:

Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2