View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 YAMAHA ZUMA REAR BRAKE DISK INSTALL MOD, mbk, bws. 
Scooterologist

Post YAMAHA ZUMA REAR BRAKE DISK INSTALL MOD, mbk, bws.
So I built up a Ruckus with a Zuma motor for my wife to ride. I put an Aerox front end on it and wanted to do a rear disc conversion.
I bought a R&D caliper bracket which needed a little "machining" done to it.....
The trench was already there... it just needed to be deeper.

Next, I had to "machine' down the case to fit the caliper bracket...As well as locating/drilling the holes

Next came " The Hub".....
The whole time I thought that an Aerox hub would slide right on so I didn't give the hub/disc a thought.... Until now!
I had an Aerox hub, but, The Aerox uses a smaller spline.... :doh: So the search was on for something that I could make work.
I found out ,through some members on here,(thanks Goshi,Spaz) that a CPI GTR50 had disc rear brake and shared the same spline with the Zuma. I found one over the pond that came with the disc as well thankfully.
So the hub fit the splines, but , the offsets for the wheel surface as well as the disc were off. Thankfully the CPI hub was thicker than the Aerox hub so I was able to turn it down to match the Aerox dimensions.
Disc side
Wheel side
Had to remove some splines as well
One last thing.... The bolt pattern for the disc was off , so I had to use the CPI disc. The CPI disc was too big so I had to turn that down to the diameter of the Aerox
Finally finished and it works the balls.... Would I do it again??? Probably not!! I'd buy another set of Aerox cases with final drive and start from there.....

Stage6 70cc Sport Pro MKII,Stage6 12mmHPC crank,Stage6 MKII intake, MKII 21mm Dellorto;95mj-45pj,Stock airbox; snorkel out(2) 3/4 holes,Adj-Inj pump;yellow cover,Stage6 Choke cable w/my own aluminum lever(plastic one broke before I even rode the scoot),YMS pipe ,Stock variator;4.0 rollers,Stock belt, NCY TD ; pins in 40 degree slots, Stage6 medium contra,Stage6 MKII 107mm clutch; orange springs adjusted-tight,all weights in each shoe,Stage6 R/T 433 Bell,15/50 up- gears , Aerox wheels and forks,Aerox front fender, Stage6 280mm front brake....

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:46 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Rear disc conversion
Bloody cool of you to share the info on how to do this and post pics.

Malossi MHR Big Bore 77 LC, Malossi RHQ crank, Roost 86 pipe, 28mm Keihin PWK Carb, Stage6 reverse intake manifold, Custom Subframe, Stage6 Vforce3 reed valve, Polini open air Filter, Malossi 2010 Over Range, Polini 2G clutch, Dr Pulley clutch bell, Malossi yellow contra. Aerox wheels. ProTaper bars. Buzzeti side stand. Many more upgrades to come...

2008 Zuma 50
2012 Zuma 50 (sold)
2006 Metropolitan selling/parting out!
2003 Derbi Red Bullet

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:19 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=25587
Post Re: Rear disc conversion
http://scootertuning.ca/en/brakes/38036 ... liper.html

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]