View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 carb dellorto help 
Scooterologist

Post carb dellorto help
ok ive heard this these 2 ways. can somebody ehlep me i wannna tune thius carb.

you tune the idle ive heard, .. 2 ways. one you idle it, turn the mix screw in and out. if it turns too much one way, you change the jet. pilot jet. get it set. then rev it. then edit the screw some to tune it.

the other way i heard. put a pilot in it, a needle, go out, and check out revving to 1/8 trhottle while you ride it. yea ok, this is all great. you get a needle. it runs and makes it want to go. you put a pilot jet in it, it leans or richens it. you check temps and go by turning the mixture screw in. to set your jetting.

the 2nd one, doesnt tune the idle jettign. the 1st one sort of messes with the idle by setting the mix screw richer or leaner for the 1/8 throttle revs.

the 2nd one dosnt check and see if your pilot is idling good, and our mixture screw is too lean or rich. then you rev it to 1/4 throttle, and your blowing your motor.

so why im wanting to tune that on my carbureotr. i cant' figure out how to tune it thou. ive done a leak down test on my motor. its got no leaks. i havent rechecked and i havent had the tester well, it seems i found the first leak. 2nd test, i had different things to plug with and i think they where leaking. i was using wood to hold the exhaust flange seal on. and the intake i plugged witha rubber stopper. probably leaked there, i checked the whole case, and the wood could of sucked in air. sucked in the soap. nothing was bubbling and the rubber, i didnt have a real soapy soulution it was sanded, and the rubber could of sucked in soap. nothing showed any bubbles but air was coming out of the rester. enough to hold 10 pounds in for 30 seconds. but no bubbles from before. i found an oil seal leak. nothing around the base or head or around the whole block. probably one of the plugs. soo

the second method of tuning the carb, i was able to do. took a stock setting. stock needle, clip was stock. and a high sized pilot. not too off of a jet. just to let it run. i wasnt going to run a 1/4 mile away. just seeing how it ran. ran good. soon as i hit half throttle it started to quit. just not run. so i ran it around 1/4 throttle. ran good, didnt sound bad. sort of made the carb sound fine at revving. withteh mix. just left it at 1 1/2 turns. but. this doens't set the pilot.

and my carb, if i turn in the mixture screw all the way? it runs still, evenbetter? so .. i dont know how? it gets its pressure at idle from the before the slide which sucks from the mix hole. because all the pressure is not sucking much, its low pressure comes from the front. turns on the pilot. and doesn't get much air. noone to turn on the needle. thats what the book said.

can it actually suck enough air when it odesnt have enough gas from the mix screw? when its turned off. to suck from the slide and under it and get fuel coming out from around the needle? i kept using the w2 a lot because its, well, rich. and its .05 mm smaller wide than the normal ones. so, but i would use the other needles, made it hard to run. i can't figure out whats going wrong?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:16 pm
Scooterologist

Post Re: carb dellorto help
daily bump

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:19 pm
Scooterologist

does anybody think this might be a syptom of something. or you just dont know.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:59 pm
Scooterologist

everbody knows how to tune a dellorto right? oh.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:02 pm
Scooterologist

excuse me do you know anything about scooters? have you ever had one of them people around who knows a lot say something when you seen somethign liek this ? i d like to know, so maybe i could fix mine. thanks.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:03 pm
Scooterologist

Post duck you
fuckers at this forum. your gonig to ignore me, then yell at me when my scooter dont work and its noneof your fucking business, and not even bother to help but just be smartasses and dookie. duck youall. ban me permanently, act as if thou you know me then maybe one day you';ll meet me, while holding your pansy mcdonalds hamburgers, OH ITS ONE OF THEM AMERICAN HATERS< U KNOW THE ONES THAT DONT LIKE MY MC dookie< IM SO COOL< yea and ill throw it up in your face. fucking faggots ignoring me when you never bothered to help in the first place. i love the links to dookie that contradicts itself, then expect people to get help off of it. if all your fucks are worth is pointing someone to some place on the internet, then your not worht a duck. duck you. and duck you i dont care what you think. you should never come back. get the duck off the internet nobody cares about you. this isnt the fake popularity that some idiots get no the internet, mostly from fakes, goverment agents and dookie, nobody cares about you and nobody ever will.

if you cant answer simple questions about the mechanics of a carb, your fucking butt dont need to be in my topics telling me what to do, then say your going to ignore me. duck YOU. ingore this btich.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 05 Z50 4200 miles, 70cc Polini, 84 jet, Leo Vince zx, Athena Variator, stock clutch w/LV yellow springs and Athena contr
I'd like to help - this is the first time I saw this - but your first post is very hard to read and follow.

What are the stock settings, needle, clip, and "high sized" pilot?

Which Dellorto carb?

'05 Zuma 50, Athena sport 70cc (12mm piston) with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Yasuni C16 exhaust, Buzzetti kick stand to make room for it (and Stage6 paddock stand after dropping the freaking bike because of the kick stand); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 15/50 gears (also have 14/42s pressed into a gearbox cover, just switched back and like the 15/50s so far); 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, "racing" red springs/lighter "racing" counterweights ± 6800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke (bell - the light one); Malossi 6112811 Overrange kit, red contra and 28.2G rollers; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; back to the stock shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:49 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 02 stock Zuma...05 radical Zuma racebike...
I refuse to even TRY and read illiterate postings. No capital letters....no puntuation...run on words etc etc. Sound like a drunken inbred retard. He needs to go back to shool and learn how to write English...and maybe then someone would help him.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:44 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know what your problem is. I really don't think there is any help for you. You don't really ask a simple question - It's all chaos. No one can follow what you have; what you have done;nor if there is any real problem other than you. The only thing I know for sure is your a screw up. Not a 1/4 or a 1/2 turn out - a screw up. So I can generally sum you up as that type of person.

If you'd never try to fix it you wouldn't have to worry about being a failure. This will probably repeat and has repeated in other areas of your life as well, and life goes on. You may as well get over it now. For the reset of your life will be comparable as this failure. There is no help for you. Just give up. Go do some RC hobby, join a forum, and irritate the duck out of someone else... and repeat. Do you have any friends with common interests ? I know that's kind of a stab in the dark coy, yet humiliating for you at the same time. There is no trade of idea or genuine thought from you.

Maybe start by going to church this Sunday - Take your father out for dinner. If he's no longer with you - well sorry. It would fit and make sense you having a daddy issue.

And when your sitting there looking ...imagine looking in the mirror. Then think about your carb, about getting in to RC, talking to girls... LOL just kidding... Failure is a Failure.

Just give up. You don't have the ability. Then you won't have to worry about being a failure.

I hope that helps in some way - your welcome. More than happy to help out anytime.

Here is my first lesson to you:
A simple sentence contains a single subject and predicate. It describes only one thing, idea or question, and has only one verb - it contains only an independent (main) clause.
example as question and statement.
Statement: The brown dog with the red collar always barks loudly. (a period.) (your telling us.)
Question: The brown dog with the red collar always barks loudly? (a question mark)(your asking)

Come sit in one of the front seats where you can see the board better.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:06 pm
Newb
Newb

Bazinga!

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:19 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Lol, your other account ended up just like this, so you use this now and end up rage quitting too? Fail.

Top Performance Trophy 70cc, LeoVince ZX (Aerox) exhaust, Dellorto 17.5mm PHBN carb, Malossi MHR small end bearing, Malossi Yellow contra, Doppler 15/50 12.22 final ratio, MXT Racing Variator, MXT Evolution Racing clutch, Hebo Club bell, Carbon fibre reeds, Stage6 choke cable, Style Pro single throttle cable, Motion Pro throttle sleeve, MXT "carbon fibre" stem, Cafe Racer handlebars, Buzzetti side KICKSTAND

Dual headlight mod, Integrated rear indicators, Vented CVT cover, DIY footrest bar

Prebug- sold

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]