View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Alarm system for Zuma 125 
Newb
Newb

Post Alarm system for Zuma 125
wondering if anybody has any advice on alarm systems for scooters.......looking for something w/ a motion detector that is loud and easy to use and install

or should I just be looking at chains or other locks to secure it?
thanks

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:57 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Alarm system for Zuma 125
I had used one with a remote keychain that talks to the alarm, has a lcd screen and transmitted very far

I think where I live I went 4 houses down the street and worked the alarm

it had some sort of kill feature, and auto start
none of which I could get to work with the wires they provided

I think it was called a spy from amazon around $100

but I found the lcd remote ate batteries like crazy like in a week or two they would be so low it could arm the bike
but not have enough power to disarm

so ended up not using them, bought 2 for couple bikes I have

I would just stick with the basics
heavy chain or cable and full coverage insurance

the lock will be the weak point as a good set of bolt cutters will cut anything

the chains, cables are mostly for those that want to roll it away or hop on and hot wire

if you have time and are a pro, you can steal anything

lets face it we all hear alarms go off but most people ignore them now

You could invest in one of those gps tracking devices but those will slowly drain the battery while plugged in
but if you ride the scoot daily I don't see that as a problem

but again I think if you insure it properly and park it where you or people can keep an eye on it then thats probably the best thing

even here at home my bikes are cable locked and chained even parked in the garage
just the extra step I take to keep someone from rolling them away

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

I was also looking for some sort of GPS or alarm and what I have found either they are really expensive or they have a monthly fee because you use a sim card of some sort. I was looking for something under $20 to keep people from stealing my scooter from the parking lot during my classes.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:39 am
Newb
Newb

This is the latest I have found that seems to be a pretty good system for keeping away thieves. What do you guys think?
https://www.amazon.com/BlueFire%C2%AE-M ... cle+alarms

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:53 am
Newb
Newb

I am currently using the Gorilla 9100 w/ two-way remote. I purchased this after my 50F got stolen - in the middle of the day, parked in the yard, 10 feet from the front door, in a 30 minute time window, and I was right inside the door.

The Gorilla has been great and installation was a breeze.

I removed the plastic engine cover, underneath the seat - to the rear of the footboard. I used commercial velcro, and attached it to the plastic engine cover itself. That way if you attempt to remove that cover, the alarm will sound.

Generally when I'm parked and the alarm is activated, I always use the center stand to further prevent accidental alarms. -- This alarm system was absolutely worth the money, and has at least twice, scared of people messing with the scoot. -

Also, I am the Sales & Marketing Manager at Cycle Outfitters Limited, a motorcycle parts/accessories/service shop in Indianapolis, IN - anyone looking to get one, or any other parts we have access to, I will be more than happy to provide a 'zuma owners discount', generally we process out of state transactions as tax free, and anything over about $50 I will ship for free (within reason). If anybody is interested, or want pricing you can call the shop at 317-783-2901 - my name is Austin.

www.cycleoutfitters.com (pardon the horrible website - owner won't approve me the budget to get it redone)

2009 Zuma 125 (plated as 50) 2012 Zuma 50F
- Stock - Polini Variator
- Michelin Power Pure SC - Stage6 Clutch
- Dual LED headlight mod - Dual LED headlight mod
- KOSO Afterburner Taillight - Maxxis M6024 knobbies

As the senior manager at Cycle Outfitters, a motorcycle parts/accessories/service shop, I offer the following:
Zuma riders qualify for product discount :) (Phone orders, ask for me)
Out of state orders are generally tax free & offered free shipping -within reason-
888-783-2901
http://www.cycleoutfitters.com

Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]