View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Knock off Clone Koso Afterburners ??? 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Post Re: Knock off Clone Koso Afterburners ???
so the plate light had a separate set of wires you had to switch around

or was the running light/plate light and brake light backwards

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

jcuevas1 wrote:
ok Guys huge QA QC update.
if you buy this be prepared to update the wiring.

if you get this don't be dumb like me and somehow get the J hook for the light bulb not inserted incorrectly. by doing this the light will appear to work and then after a few miles, no brake light.

there is an upper / lower j hook in the receptacle and adapter, just look, you'll see.

DO THIS:
1. hook up the light, be very careful to make sure the j slot for the bulb is correctly aligned. upper / lower
2. test brake light, if license plate light is activated with the brake handle switch the red and yellow wires like so attached photo.

use whatever connectors you like. use good ones if you don't want to get run over by some teenage girl.

summary - probably real Koso? maybe rejected by QA because the yellow and red wires didn't illuminate the right light.....????

he's got the pic here, i did the same thing.

There are 3 wires coming from the bulb connector. Black, yellow, and red. I snipped red and yellow in the middle and flipped them so red goes to yellow and yellow to red

Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:40 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: 13 zuma 125 - stock
Richterat83 wrote:
Correct. I double checked i was connecting the J-socket correctly (High to low pins) and i am 100% certain it's plugged in correct.

When plugging in the factory socket into the adapter plug on the lights, the brake light was on constantly and the white lights were activated with the brake lever

Spliced those and rewired the red/yellow wires together and now the white is on constant and brake lights are activated via the brake lever

I also got this and had the same issues - had to swap the red and yellow wires to make it work correctly. Also, i had 3 (of 6) LED's that didn't work on one blinker. I just left that as is because i still use the stock blinkers in addition to the afterburner LED's.

i wasn't able to get the "bulb" middle portion to twist/lock into place so it is probably just exposed to the elements... definitely didn't pass QC and resold.

lastly, i wasn't super impressed with the brightness on these like others seem to be with the legit koso ones.

Thanks for the info on this thread to get them rigged up to be operational.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:15 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
hopefully all of you contacted the seller to get a partial refund for the problems

especially the one with the led's that did not work

usually those sellers are good at doing that, as they dont want negative feedback

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:00 am
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Just got one delivered and just like everyone else just had to swap the red and yellow wires. Put the stock grey connector back into the hole to plug it and looks awesome. You can find them with different colored turn signals as we'll. All of my LEDs seem to work fine unlike the one above. Good deal compared to the cost of the koso.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:34 pm
Newb
Newb

I know this is super old thread. But just got the ebay ones for 29bucks. They are even stamped koso on them and i didnt have to rewire anything, hooked right up and works great, they are brighter than stock and everything. No problems! I may have got lucky or they have worked out all the kinks take they risk its worth it even if you still had to swap wires. But again i didn't have to!

Mon May 28, 2018 3:49 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2009 125
durdenss wrote:
I know this is super old thread. But just got the ebay ones for 29bucks. They are even stamped koso on them and i didnt have to rewire anything, hooked right up and works great, they are brighter than stock and everything. No problems! I may have got lucky or they have worked out all the kinks take they risk its worth it even if you still had to swap wires. But again i didn't have to!

Thats way cool, you have a link by any chance?

Wed May 30, 2018 2:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3