View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 zuma 125 advice 
Scooterologist

Post Re: zuma 125 advice
alright thanks i will let you know how everything turns out

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:18 pm
Scooterologist

got myself a nice zuma finally and am ready to start the simplifying, help me out here

whats the deal with the small exhaust tip? should i gut it or will it screw with engine?

i need to find integrated signals for the rear atleast to place in the plastic indents by the taillight, any ideas?

mirrors, what do you guys have? i would like to keep it as simple as possible on top

Fri May 08, 2015 10:29 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

the small exhaust tip goes in about a foot into 1-2 chambers inside
you cant just cut off the tip and enlarge the hole, to do it right you would replace the entire piece inside
I cut mine apart and made it shorter and chose to keep that small tip because it would be too hard to cut out the pipe so deep inside, unless I had cut the can apart even more
ive had smaller exhaust tips on a 300cc bikes

there is no performance loss using it Ive tested it with a yoshimura exhaust which is way larger in header and exhaust tip size with my current big bore setup up to 60 mph I have the same exact times 0-60 times

if there are any gains with different exhaust is could be in very top speed which I did not test
but stock engine ive used the 2 bros and had same exact top speed with that one and that is just as large as the yoshi
they have at least a 2 inch outlet tip

You use them more for the sound, and lighter weight
the $400 you spend on an exhaust that doesnt do much for performance thats money you can spend on the big bore that does actually give performance

integrated led's http://www.drowsports.com/dcr-yamaha-zuma-125-tail-light-cover-led-turn-signals/
or you can buy the koso afterburner brake light has built in signals
http://www.drowsports.com/koso-yamaha-zuma125-led-tail-light/

cheap good mirrors use the yamaha c3

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat May 09, 2015 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

wow you have answers for just about everything

is there any turn signals that are amber bulb? i think the led will flash quickly and white as turn signals, is that okay?

Sat May 09, 2015 12:41 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

the links I posted are yellow led's
if thats what your asking about

all led are clear until they turn on, then they can be many colors

and yes if you take away any stock signals they will flash fast
you either need to spend around $30 on led flasher
or around $10 on load resistors

or like I did on mine I kept the stock front signals (all led in the rear) and just used larger bulb from any autostore
that made enough watts to keep the normal flashing speed

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat May 09, 2015 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

i think those are white led when lit, i like the style alot and will probably buy those but does white turn signal look good when ONLY that is led? i dont want to just mickey mouse it

Sat May 09, 2015 9:45 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

well you can find those on ebay too http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2059210.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xbws+125+led+signals.TRS0&_nkw=bws+125+led+signals&_sacat=0

I would get the yellow ones I see the ones at drow show white in the photo so they probably were white but its out of stock I see
they did use to sell the yellow ones too I just didnt look at the photo

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sat May 09, 2015 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

alright so i bought a couple stuff for it and mirrors are still on hold i need to find some soon

ill make a for sale on here soon with parts off it like

stock mirrors

handguards

turn signals front

turn signals rear

taillight

grips

reflectors

helmet size L flat black

headlight ring guard

will post pics soon and let me know if you are interested i will also post in the FOR SALE CATEGORY

Tue May 12, 2015 10:07 pm
Scooter Addict

Can somebody confirm that YW125EO is the orange colors model number? If so, bonus points for orange panel part numbers.

Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:00 am
Scooterologist

enjoyincubus365 wrote:
Can somebody confirm that YW125EO is the orange colors model number? If so, bonus points for orange panel part numbers.

I just googled YW125EO and NADA.com says that part number is for a 2014 Zuma (orange in color)
so that should be what your looking for!

Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:46 am
Newb
Newb

Just bought a 2014 Zuma 125. I really want Highway bar pegs. I do not have the resources to make it myself. Anyone know of a good place to buy one.?.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:53 pm
Scooterologist

bradibelieve wrote:
Just bought a 2014 Zuma 125. I really want Highway bar pegs. I do not have the resources to make it myself. Anyone know of a good place to buy one.?.

I got some off ebay from the seller ciracingsports and they worked pretty well until my rear wheel slid out recently in some gravel and i bent them all up... I will be getting another set in the spring

Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2