View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 which front hub to use one aftermarket rim? 
Newb
Newb

Post which front hub to use one aftermarket rim?
Hi guys I've searched this topic and nothing came up... I recently purchased an aftermarket set of rims for my zuma 125 front is 12x4 rear is 12x7...I got the rear figured out converting to single shock...but searching for a front hub only hubs I can find is for the ruckus. Anyone have any idea everyone I'm emailing like rc scooters, makoa Scooter, and machined machines are saying it has to be custom made and I would still need adaptors for the rotor...can't I just use a ruckus hub and convert to a 3 bolt 220 mm rotor?

Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:55 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: which front hub to use one aftermarket rim?
I would assume any 12mm axle size hub could be made to fit

you just need to hope the rotor size will match up with the caliper

look for those $75 monkey hubs found everywhere and try to get a rotor the same size as whatever you use

you can space out the rotor to fit into the caliper after the wheel is centered

probably will loose the speedo pickup though
and some zumas need to read the wheel spinning in order to make the bike run normally

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Was looking into an atr hub from steady garage...what is the factory size rotor? And I already took my cluster off and eliminated my speedo cable with no issues

Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:14 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think its 240mm

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Solved the problem...I used an Atr hub from a ruckus and a 220 mm 3 point rotor from a ruckus...have to space the caliper and and make a spacer but it work just fine...for the back if you are going fatty it has to have a 4 inch back spacing...most ppl say use a 3 inch but thats for the gy6 motors the zuma 125 use 4 ...

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:46 am
Scooter Addict

Pics or it didn't happen.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:38 pm
Newb
Newb

Pics in my phone to big to post any help?

Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:07 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

need to use photo hosting website

photobucket is one type, should have an app for your phone you can upload from the phone to that site

then take the link codes and paste into this website

most all websites will be this way to post images

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]