View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 2016 Yamaha Zuma 125 

Which Do You Like Better, The New Or Old Style 125?
New 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Old 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 11

2016 Yamaha Zuma 125 
Scooterologist

Post 2016 Yamaha Zuma 125
What up everyone, its been a cool minute since I've posted anything on here but I was just curious about what everyone's thoughts were on the new 2016 125 :piss:. Looks like it had just been added to Yamaha's website & for me personally I can't say that I really care for it, I don't know what it is but there's just something about it I don't like. I'm happy with my '09 & needless to say I'm not gonna be trading up for one anytime soon. Aside from the aesthetic differences though I haven't looked into it enough to know if any additional changes were made to the engine or otherwise, but seeing as the 125 has remained relatively unchanged other than their color since it first came out I just wanted to get your guys' opinion & take on it. Anyway, hope everyone is having an awesome start to the year & as always is enjoying the hell outta their Zumas, I know I am! :snoop:

- Mike

Yamaha Red '04 Zuma (YW50S) :: *SOLD*
:: C3 Mirrors :: Dual Headlight Mod :: JDM Rear Fender With Integrated Taillight/Turn Signals

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:49 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: 2016 Yamaha Zuma 125
ive only seen a few photos
I like the headlights, wonder if that can easily be ordered and bolts onto the older years

no comment on the brake light until I see it in person
I know the older zumas the brake light SUCKS

and curious on the speedometer, havent seen a close up but looks similar to the bwsx digital gauge at least from the far away photo ive seen

I have that gauge on mine but reads kmh

mph would be nice if its the same

other then that looks like the same scooter, unless there are tiny changes I cant see

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

What's goin on Mike! I hear ya man, the more I look at it I keep asking myself the same questions like hmmm I wonder if I can order that part for my bike lol. I would imagine that you've already checked it out but if not check out this link: https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/zuma/models/zuma-125
it shows some different pics & has a short little video. I have read a lot of your older posts about different mods & projects from time to time & had read what you had posted previously on the bwsx digital gauge cause it was something I was interested in installing on my scoot. You had mentioned before that it was in KMH just like you said so that was one of the things that had kept me from getting one but from what I saw it looks like the US model gauge is in MPH so maybe I'll grab me one here afterall when I can. That's funny though that's one of the things I didn't like was the headlights. I had switched mine out for the vertical headlight set up & have been pretty happy with that since. Some other slight changes that I had noticed was a relocation of the gas tank & ignition, & the leg guard now has a storage compartment like the 50's used to. The turn signal lenses are now clear so hopefully I can grab me some badly needed orange bulbs, the passenger grab rails are changed out, fold-up passenger foot pegs are now pre-installed on the floorboard, & now there's a rear disk brake replacing the drum brake. Other than that I haven't noticed anything different as of yet haha :awesome:. Can't wait to see what people do as far as mods go on the 2016 or how guys will take parts from the new 125 & install 'em onto their older Zumas.

:: C3 Mirrors :: Dual Headlight Mod :: JDM Rear Fender With Integrated Taillight/Turn Signals

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:25 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I checked that link
never saw that before
I now see quite a few changes

im guessing because of fuel filler which looked like its on the front wall , tank is probably under the floor
but even the old zuma its all wasted space under the floor it was a smart move to put the tank down there
more seat storage now

and the front wall looks different sharp angles
so if you wanted to change the front lights, probably need to replace the inner wall all the way to the floor
and im guessing if the fuel tank is in the floor the battery may be under the seat
so who knows if the front wall still ties into the floor shape of the old zumas

brake light looked nicer now that I could see it better
and seat looked like it was shaped differently too

gauge looks okay, still like how mine looks

you can get the clear lens off the 4 stroke zuma 50cc along with the right bulbs for years now

hopefully my stretch fits on that one too

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

Crazy, that's why I wanted to make this post cause I appreciate not only your views & opinions but everyone else's on this forum. What's weird though about the turn signal bulbs, I had ordered a few off of the 50 like you mentioned thinking they're just bulbs & should be plug n play, but they actually have different little metal nubs around the neck of the blub that lock them into place when you push them in & they're different than the 125 bulbs so I was never able to use them & have just been running the stock white bulbs for awhile now. So anyway I'm curious, what kind of wheels do you got turning around in your head & what might you be considering to add onto your machine. Anything?

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:03 pm
Scooterologist

What ever happened to BioMed by the way? I haven't seen him in any of the newer posts lately. Between him & you, you could always expect one if not both of you guys to be discussing, suggesting or recommending things. Anyway I was just curious, glad to see that you're still all over the place though lol. :q:

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:16 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

whatever bulbs im using I had to grind away one of those pins for them to work
maybe thats all you need to do

there are bulbs with straight pins off to the sides
and offset pins

whatever I got, may have been offset wouldnt lock up to the socket without grinding off one pin
maybe because they are yellow bulbs the pins are different then clear ones
and they have been in for years now

as for what im doing to my zuma, recently ive been trying out all these tiny bling parts from china lately
all crazy little things, easy to order online and most are inexpensive. because really dont need to do anything else to the bike I like how it is now but like all the weird little parts available that wont break the bank if I dont like them
here is the most recent video

bio left after some idiot kept spamming the site under dozens of user names and started personal attacks against us
like me im sure he just got tired of the lack of moderation I think took like 2 weeks before someone started to clean up those posts
and by then it was dozen of pages long in every single section of this site

got way out of control but thankfully its been over for a while now and funny once that guy left its been peaceful and quiet and have not seen any conflicts since

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

Haha, you know sometimes when I'm working on my bike & struggling with something I'll come on here & someone has a such a simple solution that it makes me feel like such a dumbass lol :doh:. Case in point on the turn signal bulbs I don't know why I didn't think about grinding down one of the pins to make it fit but thanks for the tip man, I'll have to get to work on that :dance:! That's an awesome video though dude, love the music its pretty catchy lol :slick:. That's cool that you got your scoot just how you want it, its gotta be an awesome feeling to finally have it done, although on the other hand as much time & work you've put into it I wonder if you still get the itch to wanna modify or tweak things on it but I guess that's why you're now blinging it out like you said. Sucks to hear that about Bio though, hopefully he'll come back around, this forum is that much better with him on it. I don't know what the hell is wrong with some people, I mean there are gonna be some disagreements or whatever on here & I can see how someone may feel talked down to or misinterpreted at times but I don't get the online bravado & cockiness that some people have making them feel like they have to retaliate or some crap, its like if you don't like the forum or the people on it then eff off ya know :bahgawd:. I must have missed when all that happened but glad it appears to have calmed down. Anyway because its been a good while since I've been on here I should update a few things & post some newer pics. Everyone loves pics!

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:02 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

2 things next I would do is maybe the turbo, since its already made for the 155 big bore
just for something different, although the only kit ive seen isnt really the nicest looking thing
too much crap hanging off the sides

I had been doing some research when the 2-3 people on this site had installed one
of course no one has ever come back with any updates or issues
but from what I read it seemed it was tuned way down, and trying to figure performance gains was very hard compared to just a big bore
because its one of those subjects no one ever posts about

or do a fatty wheel, center shock mount, loose all seat storage while doing that

both mods will probably cost around the same to do, very expensive so in no rush to do anything

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

would be nice if the new gauge was plug and play on older models... probably won't be that easy tho.

And umm... who at yamaha insists on the lollipop mirrors... at least give people some C3's.. not like they are that much more $

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Scooter Addict

Nice to see they they moved the filler but why the fairing? if the bikes on the stand and trying to fill it with gas the bikes going to teeter. Like the rear disc and the speedo but man that head light set up and the graphics are fugly.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:45 am
Scoot Master

Have they said whether the 2016 zuma 125 will come to the States?

2011 Zuma 125 w/ RC 155 BBK, 230mm Koso Roller Rocker Arm & Cam Kit, Koso 30mm Thottle Body, Bazzaz Fuel Controller w/ Self-Mapping Unit, Zumike 9" Stretch Kit, Two Bros Black Series Exhaust (Painted Black) w/ Two Bros P1X Powertip, Samurai X Shocks, GJMS Swingarm, RRGS Caliper w/ DrowSports 260mm Brake Rotor Kit, TST Variator, Koso Adjustable Clutch, Koso Clutch Bell, RC Race Torque Driver, NCY Contra Bearing Kit, RRGS 1000rpm Contra Spring, HoBao Cam and Valve Covers, RC Cold Air Intake w/ Simota Filter, CNC Adjustable Handlebars, Steering Stabilizer, Rigid LED Light, PGO Digital Gauge, Koso Taillight, Koso Mini LED Voltmeter and Oil Temp Gauge, SRP Direct Coil, Taida Hi-torque Starter, Drowsports Carbon Fiber Lower Fairing, DrowSports Carbon Fiber Rear Fender, DrowSports Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, Carbon Fiber CVT Cover, Carbon look Taillight Cover, Gas Filler Cover, RPM Carbon Fiber Fan Cover, RPM Ignition Cover, RPM Gas Cap, GJMS Rear Shock Brace, GJMS Speedo Cable Holder, Highway Bars, Dual Headlight Mod w/ LED Bulbs, LED Front and Rear Signals, Aluminum Footrest Plates, Cupholder, Bag Hook, and.......a couple more future items!

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:39 pm
Scooterologist

All of those mods sound dope Mike, definitely keep us posted :cheers:!
I hear ya Foxer, I would hope that a few of the new little goodies I see on the 2016 can be simple add on or replacement parts but something tells me that it won't be that simple. I was looking at the new model a little more yesterday & it appears as though the shocks have been updated some, I'm not saying they'll blow away some of the nicer aftermarket ones but they've gotta be better than what's currently on the older 125's so that's something I'll keep my eye on & hopefully they would go on easy with no issues. Out of all the things they've updated, they're still rockin' those damn lollipops though like you pointed out lol, I freakin' hate those damn things! :piss:
What's up Johnrm, like we've been talking about on here there are honestly a couple things that I do like update-wise on the new bike but overall I just can't get over some of the major changes made to our beloved Zuma! :toughguy:
Hey there Bcampbell37, the link I posted is for the US Yamaha Motors website :patriot:, so yea it'll definitely be coming to the states unfortunately lol. If you're asking about like release dates or something specific I'm really not too sure about that :?:.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:52 pm
Newb
Newb

Too much plastic! And I like the exposed tube frame of the older models. Now they're all covered. The scooter is starting to look more like all the others out there.

Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:25 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was looking at the action shots https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/zuma/models/zuma-125
looks like those pics were all near where I live

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next