View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Zuma stretch kit... 
Scooterologist

Post Zuma stretch kit...
Been searching for a rugged stretch kit for the 125 for awhile. After reading many post within forums, I definitely want one with bushings for no vibration. 8-10" would be good. Needs to be beefy for some off road use in the dirt. Price is not an issue. I see one at Drow sports called the Flp 9.5 inch stretch, but there very limited information on this all aluminum kit, and I dont know if its a solid mount or bushings. They do not return my emails. Mike (zumamike) here at zuma forums has a great kit, perfect length and masterfully done welding, but its a solid mount, and he may no longer be selling it. The other kits are no longer available. Steady garage has a kit with bushings, but there is also limited information on this kit and its 12" long which is a bit to much for the twisties off road. anyone have ideas where to find a stretch with bushings that a complete or near complete kit that is durable?

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:46 pm
Scooterologist

Post Re: Zuma stretch kit...
I received an email back finally after a week from Japan Webbike and they stated this kit will work with the 125 Zuma. Part of the email is as follows:
(From Webbike)
"If your motorcycle is Taiwan specific, FI model and year 2008-2012 models,
HF1043 would be a compatible product"

Anyone know if the BWS model is the same frame and motor mounting as the Zuma version? I'm assuming it is, but need to make sure before ordering.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:01 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

the only ones ive seen on webike years ago were short, I thought like 4 inches if you convert the lengths they post
ive also seen short billet aluminum ones online too from china
and those too I think it converts to 4-5 inches

im not sure if they meant 4 inches over the stock mount, which is also 4 inches

like the ones I made, were 13 inches total length, but was a 9 inch stretch over the stock length

the reason you dont see bushings on a stretch is because the zuma engine uses bearings as a mount point where most scooter engines use bushings right on the engine

so the bushings would need to be in the front of the mount

also the one stock side bar has bushings in it too

now most stretches you see will only have 1 side bar
this puts alot of stress on one side of the stretch which can cause wheel lean

now add bushings and you definitely have wheel lean. the dual shocks can help hide some of it, but it will be there and can get worse over time
a problem the ruckus stretches have all the time as one stretch mounts into the frame bushings

now add 2 side support bars with bushings ,maybe that would help but all depends on how long and where they mount. Problem is lack of room without having to weld something on the frame
the best area would be far back towards the engine, but there is no easy location above without doing welding

because if they use stock mount locations on the frame they will have alot of stress on them, and what will be first to fail
rubber bushings

it will have alot of slop if you have bushings at the front of the stretch, and the side supports when the engine is so far back

that slop will make it shift sideways when driving
which could cause tracking issues, probably worse in corners

maybe the rear suspension could be changed to help fight this
but that will be a custom welded setup

or just have a touch more vibrations and a bolt on stretch

my friend had a stretch made for his pcx that used car size bushings in the front of the stretch mount
you would think that solves the vibration issue
but they had to add 2 side supports that were welded solid

still had alot of vibrations, because of the side supports
and ended up cracking both off the mount, but that was crap welding the fabricator had done

of course the solid supports canceled out the bushings out he front of the stretch

I did make a stretch by hand for that same person for his zuma, we were going to experiment with using the stock side support, just one
like the ones they sell in taiwan

this would be a super cheap stretch, we even reused the stock engine mount and bushings just extended it longer

but he has not mounted it yet

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:05 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

Mike, so bascially your saying any stretch that has bushings will be ultimately weaker over a solid mount? And for me this is a big factor as I do moderate off roading and need ultimate strength. Plan on selling the version you show photos of, or would fabricate another? Provided it is a strong unit overall. I take it you no longer sell your solid mount version? Just how much vibration can one expect in the seat of the pants and on handlebars with a solid mount?

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:27 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

I cant finish making these hand made ones because the side rod would need to be custom fit
and would need to be done on a bike, then I suppose you could make a jig for that

that stretch has not been installed, and the side rod has not been fitted yet to know how long it needs to be
so unless I have a stock bike here to make another one, those are more like one off installed here type of mounts

also I wouldnt do them that way because of the bushings but like I said thats what they sell in taiwian so I wanted to make one for fun, not for sale

from what I remember even bone stock at idle my mirrors and handlebar would vibrate

but I dont think any in the seat

now bars vibrate a touch more at a stop light
little in the seat at certain rpm's

nothing crazy like honda ruckus gy6 mounts that can vibrate your feet when riding
may be because of the dual shocks or maybe engine runs smoother

its not a big deal

and only way I would make more mounts is someone orders 3 and pays in full and wait a couple months to be made

way to much money out of pocket to make profit 6 months later once I sell the last one

mojo customs has just made a zuma stretch, but the rear shock setup is strange
and uses one side bar
think they are still testing it, maybe contact them see whats up
or contact rc scooters in taiwian see what they have available using the stock engine mounts if you want bushings

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

Thanks for the reply. If you do get around to making your solid mount stretch, I would be interested. From the appearance of the photos, your video on YouTube, it clearly looks the strongest and best built. Please contact me if you do plan on these again.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:35 pm
Scooterologist

So I installed one of your stretches from someone that was selling it as they did not end up using it. I never could get the engine angle adjusted correctly so the oil was settled in the crank properly. I adjusted them all the way short and safely working length long, and still no oil showing on the dip stick. I know the oil was filled correctly, and did an oil check before installing with the Zuma on the center stand. That and I lost over a inch of ground clearance underneath. Ultimately had to put the stock mount back in. What gives?

Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:05 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

dga223 wrote:
So I installed one of your stretches from someone that was selling it as they did not end up using it. I never could get the engine angle adjusted correctly so the oil was settled in the crank properly. I adjusted them all the way short and safely working length long, and still no oil showing on the dip stick. I know the oil was filled correctly, and did an oil check before installing with the Zuma on the center stand. That and I lost over a inch of ground clearance underneath. Ultimately had to put the stock mount back in. What gives?

are you using stock shocks, or lowered ones

got any photos of what your talking about

you can't use the center stand to check oil with the stretch, just hold the bike level and check it with the wheels on the ground

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]