View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Typical Newb Questions 
Newb
Newb

Post Typical Newb Questions
Considering the purchase of a Yamaha Zuma 125. I have been reading a lot at this site (tons of good info). And yes, I do know how to use the search button, but I thought I'd ask this (old) question.

I like the Zuma 125, but I also like the Genuine Hooligan. What would be nice is if the Zuma had the top end of the Hooligan! I'd really prefer a Yamaha!

So what are the easiest, (hopefully not too expensive) mods that I can do to get 65-70mph out of the Zuma WITHOUT losing too many MPGs? And without shortening the life of the engine? Something that might get me down a very short run of freeway maybe?

Or just go with the Hooligan and be done with it?

THNX MJ

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:44 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Typical Newb Questions
I am also concerned about dropping WAY down in speed on hills. Not a good thing where I ride.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:30 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

only option for what you want is big bore, injector and camshaft

cvt tuning will also make it much better after the above is done

and to squeeze out a touch more performance on top end a exhaust system

so around $900 or so for all the above

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Thanks. I have been reading a lot today and I get the feeling I would probably be a lot better off just getting a bike that does what I want stock.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:30 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

yes look at 250cc bikes then

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

I have to say I just keep coming back to looking at the Z125.

So can you tell me of a 155cc complete BBKit that is of good quality but affordable? Something that includes the Injector, etc?

Even including the cost of upgrades, the Zuma may still be cheaper than other options for larger scooters. And it looks REALLY COOL :q:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:09 pm
Newb
Newb

I completely agree. I was sold on the looks of either the Zuma or the Ruckus, and the Zuma won for me.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]