View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Starting Issues 
Scooterologist

Post Starting Issues
Last week my bike stalled while riding and wouldn't start up. I had it jumped and was able to get to where I was going. Took the battery in to have it checked and the battery was bad so I had it replaced. About a week went by with no problems then on my way to work my bike stalled again. This time it will not start from a jump. Thoughts?

The only battery draining part I have on my bike is an alarm but I have not been setting it because it has been garaged.

DCR Integrated Tail Light Cover
Reflective Rim Tape
Daytona Kevlar Belt
Dr. Pulley Sliders 11g

http://zenandtheartofscootermaintenance.wordpress.com

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:44 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Starting Issues
if the alarm uses a wireless remote, its still draining the battery even when not armed
there is always something on waiting for the signal from the remote

you could hide a switch that turns off the alarm when not in use
or make a quick access plug under the seat or something to turn it off easily

or as a test disconnect the alarm for a couple weeks
if you don't have battery issues then that was the problem

also did you do the dual headlight mod, using the stock bulbs yet

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

No dual headlight mod at all... meant to say that. How dead would the batter have to be to drain the batter bad enough to not be able to jump start?

Reflective Rim Tape
Daytona Kevlar Belt
Dr. Pulley Sliders 11g

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

jump start should start it

but don't forget if the kickstand is down
and your not holding the brake lever in it won't start either

you never said when jumpstarting it if it actually turned over the starter or not

also im guessing its an old bike, if its an 09 there is a fuel pump recall on that year

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

When you hit the start button nothing happens. Yes the brake is depressed and the side stand is up. It's a 2015 with 9000 miles.

Reflective Rim Tape
Daytona Kevlar Belt
Dr. Pulley Sliders 11g

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

checked the fuses?

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

I did look at the fuses in the fuse box and didn't see any that looked bad but didn't pull any to test or anything. Which fuse would the starter be on?

Reflective Rim Tape
Daytona Kevlar Belt
Dr. Pulley Sliders 11g

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:23 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

not sure, my guess the largest one

should only be 3-4 fuses anyways shouldn't take long to pull each out to see

there are spare fuses inside too

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

Ended up being a corroded connection from the alarm system causing it not to start. I knew I should have soldered those connections when I did it in the first place.

Reflective Rim Tape
Daytona Kevlar Belt
Dr. Pulley Sliders 11g

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]