View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Replace front reflector 
Newb
Newb

Post Replace front reflector
Hi all I have a 2009 Zuma that I recently dumped. No damage except for the right side reflector. I have seen in another post to get at it you need to remove the top 4 leg guard screws, the "Headlight Hardware" I have no idea what that means. And the headlight guard. I just need to get at it to change the reflector. Can anyone tell me exactly what needs to be removed to get at this? Thanks

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:20 am
Scoot Master

Post Re: Replace front reflector
You'll have to pull off the front plastics to access it. It's actually really simple, but I've done it more than 10 times easily.

Pull the 7 screws holding the leg shield
Pull 3 screws for headlight guard (2 allens and 1 hex I think)
Pull the 2 mounts the lower headlight guard Allen bolts go into...small Allen goes into bigger Allen
Pull 10mm hex bolt between headlights

Then you just have to kinda pull on the front piece to get it off. I always start at the top. It takes some force cuz it's all clipped together. Then once you have it off, just unplug the headlight wire harness and you can move it to wherever you'd like to work on it.

2011 Zuma 125 w/ RC 155 BBK, 230mm Koso Roller Rocker Arm & Cam Kit, Koso 30mm Thottle Body, Bazzaz Fuel Controller w/ Self-Mapping Unit, Zumike 9" Stretch Kit, Two Bros Black Series Exhaust (Painted Black) w/ Two Bros P1X Powertip, Samurai X Shocks, GJMS Swingarm, RRGS Caliper w/ DrowSports 260mm Brake Rotor Kit, TST Variator, Koso Adjustable Clutch, Koso Clutch Bell, RC Race Torque Driver, NCY Contra Bearing Kit, RRGS 1000rpm Contra Spring, HoBao Cam and Valve Covers, RC Cold Air Intake w/ Simota Filter, CNC Adjustable Handlebars, Steering Stabilizer, Rigid LED Light, PGO Digital Gauge, Koso Taillight, Koso Mini LED Voltmeter and Oil Temp Gauge, SRP Direct Coil, Taida Hi-torque Starter, Drowsports Carbon Fiber Lower Fairing, DrowSports Carbon Fiber Rear Fender, DrowSports Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, Carbon Fiber CVT Cover, Carbon look Taillight Cover, Gas Filler Cover, RPM Carbon Fiber Fan Cover, RPM Ignition Cover, RPM Gas Cap, GJMS Rear Shock Brace, GJMS Speedo Cable Holder, Highway Bars, Dual Headlight Mod w/ LED Bulbs, LED Front and Rear Signals, Aluminum Footrest Plates, Cupholder, Bag Hook, and.......a couple more future items!

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:48 pm
Newb
Newb

When you say the 7 screws holding the leg guard is the 7th screw the Larger screw in the middle?
Not sure what you mean by below, can you elaborate please?
Pull the 2 mounts the lower headlight guard Allen bolts go into...small Allen goes into bigger Allen

Also I am not pulling the leg guard put the cowling?
I was hoping I could just pull the leg guard and get my hands in there.
Thank you for responding

Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:37 am
Scoot Master

Ya, 7 total....3 on each side and 1 in the center up top!

So there is 3 screws/bolts that hold on the headlight guard frame. The 2 lower ones are a 5mm Allen head I believe. When you remove those, there's 2 larger Allen screw you need to remove as well to get the front cowling off.

2011 Zuma 125 w/ RC 155 BBK, 230mm Koso Roller Rocker Arm & Cam Kit, Koso 30mm Thottle Body, Bazzaz Fuel Controller w/ Self-Mapping Unit, Zumike 9" Stretch Kit, Two Bros Black Series Exhaust (Painted Black) w/ Two Bros P1X Powertip, Samurai X Shocks, GJMS Swingarm, RRGS Caliper w/ DrowSports 260mm Brake Rotor Kit, TST Variator, Koso Adjustable Clutch, Koso Clutch Bell, RC Race Torque Driver, NCY Contra Bearing Kit, RRGS 1000rpm Contra Spring, HoBao Cam and Valve Covers, RC Cold Air Intake w/ Simota Filter, CNC Adjustable Handlebars, Steering Stabilizer, Rigid LED Light, PGO Digital Gauge, Koso Taillight, Koso Mini LED Voltmeter and Oil Temp Gauge, SRP Direct Coil, Taida Hi-torque Starter, Drowsports Carbon Fiber Lower Fairing, DrowSports Carbon Fiber Rear Fender, DrowSports Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, Carbon Fiber CVT Cover, Carbon look Taillight Cover, Gas Filler Cover, RPM Carbon Fiber Fan Cover, RPM Ignition Cover, RPM Gas Cap, GJMS Rear Shock Brace, GJMS Speedo Cable Holder, Highway Bars, Dual Headlight Mod w/ LED Bulbs, LED Front and Rear Signals, Aluminum Footrest Plates, Cupholder, Bag Hook, and.......a couple more future items!

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]