View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Charging System Capacity 
Scooter Addict

Post Charging System Capacity
Hey Guys,

Anybody have any idea what wattage the factory stator puts out? I'm tossing around the idea about putting together another touring Zuma and think some additional driving lights would be a worthwhile addition. I would probably swap out the factory bulbs for LED's as well to help save some watts. I already know grip heaters are out of the question ( :doh: )

Cheers!

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:03 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Post Re: Charging System Capacity
Guys that have stayed running stock bulbs with the dual headlight mod have had some issues if they didn’t convert everything else to led.
I will say the service manual does have the output listed in it

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:20 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

normally want to keep the headlight 55w or lower.

example running two 25w = 50w and this works for dual headlight and battery still gets charged.

now 35w x2 = 70w then people came across weak batteries and can't start it.

converting to LED does help. what i normally tell people is run a larger sized battery. the stock battery is too small and easily can run into starting problems. the same type scooters i seen have larger sized batteries and rarely come across charging problems or weak battery. reason why the zuma 125 battery is so tiny so it could fit on the floor board. other scooters have it located else where so they got more room.

battery size i use on mines is a BS9 from a 600cc R6 and majesty 400 scooter. you can shoe horn it in there, just need to cut the battery cover since the BS9 is taller.

HOEDAR ECU, GJMS, HOBAO, KOSO, PG,
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16410 <------ RC R&D

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 am
Scooter Addict

Yeah the system sounds really small. 70W at peak operation seems to be the limit.

If I remember correctly, it should be pretty easy to add a larger batter in the tray. More than likely this scoot wouldn't see much city use anyways. Thanks guys

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]