View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 BWS / Zuma fairing parts compatibility 
Newb
Newb

Post BWS / Zuma fairing parts compatibility
Hi from Chile,
It's been a long time since my last visit. Sold my BWs a few years ago but I'm getting a new-to-me one

I want a white BWs but couldnt find any in good shape so its very likely I'll get it in grey, and debating between getting new fairings in white or just painting it
I'm in Chile and parts availability is limited, and a paint job involves lots of paperwork to change the title's bike to its new color, so I'm looking for parts in the US, way cheaper than getting them from Europe

I'll need to change Leg shield and side covers. Side covers should be the same part in a Zuma/BWs, but do you know if the Leg shield from a Zuma is a plug&play part on a Bws? I know the Zuma leg shield has holes for the reflectors, is that the only difference?

Thanks

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:58 am
Newb
Newb

Post Re: BWS / Zuma fairing parts compatibility
HI, I would check the parts manuals to compare part numbers for each model, then you would know if they interchange. Good luck getting any answers on this forum, it seems to me that there is not much going on here. Most responses are years old. I thought it may be a viable resource for owners, but maybe all questions have been answered by now over the years.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:41 am
Newb
Newb

Post Re: BWS / Zuma fairing parts compatibility
Thanks Jimbo
Yeah, not a lot of action ever here but still a great source since as you said lots of questions were answered a long time ago

Problem when checking part # is the Zuma & BWs have some differences on the front fairing, thus different part number. Zumas have a hole for reflector, BWs doesnt, but that doesnt necessarily means the par wont fit.
I think paint will be easier and cheaper.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]