View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Gy6 
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2013 zuma 50, 2 brothers exhaust, kevlar belt. feign no rev limiter, tachometer. Watchdog alarm system w/remote start
Post Gy6
Will a Gy6 fit on a zuma 2013? I'm thinking of buying one instead of spending the money for a bbk. Any suggestions?

Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:28 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Post Re: Gy6
bolt on, probably not

don't forget you will need to do something with the wiring, ecu, fuel pump

most likely make engine mount, and shock mount

cheaper to get a zuma 125 once you crunch the numbers and time

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2013 zuma 50, 2 brothers exhaust, kevlar belt. feign no rev limiter, tachometer. Watchdog alarm system w/remote start
Im guessing its a bad idea, huh? Thanks for the advice. I think I'd rather get a bbk. Do you know of a good bbk for the 2013?

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:04 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Why are you wanting to put a gy6 engine in your scoot
Several I know in Indiana talk about how strict the laws are
I know there was a big rally a couple years back and on the info given out the made sure to make a point that scooters able to go over 25 or 30 had to be plated

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:47 am
Newb
Newb

Some of the laws have changed, we are now allowed to go 35 mph. But no one actually goes the speed limit around here, theres like a 7-10 mile window that police gives everyone. I traveled easily 40-45 mph with no issues because I'm actually just keeping up with traffic. I was only wanting a new engine because I seized my engine on the zuma, and the mechanic was recommending a big bore kit. It is going to be right around the same price in investing in a bbk, so i assumed that maybe just buying a new engine would be cheaper. But after your message it may just be cheaper and easier for the bbk. Is there a bbkit for a 50 cc that you would recommend?

Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:59 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

your big bores are really expensive

and don't forget you will need to also purchase a fuel controller
which are expensive too

thats a lot of money, and still won't really go that much faster
but should be a little better up hills

see if steady garage has any, or drow sports

they are reputable sellers

I would stay away from the ebay big bores unless its a reputable seller
or its your only way to get one

how did you seize your engine

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

I have no idea how it seized my mechanic said rpms were too high but I was only running about 6000 at 42 mph. There was 20000 miles on the bike though not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:35 am
Newb
Newb

Dude I told you on DM that your tach was way off...you were prob running 11,000+rpm all day

Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:33 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

only way that could happen is if an unlimited cdi was being used

was that the case

if it was not used the bike has built in rev limiter to prevent that

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

ZUMIKE wrote:
only way that could happen is if an unlimited cdi was being used

was that the case

if it was not used the bike has built in rev limiter to prevent that

According to him he did have one..
"I haven't did the air filter yet.. But even with just the no rev limiter and exhaust , I'm running at 46 mph with only 5600 rpm."

My stock 2014 maxes out at 9100 at 40mph so he deff blew his ish up haha

Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:50 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

ahh

unlimited cdi requires a tach
and of course set at the right setting to read correctly

and never exceed 10,000 rpm

and of course make sure its not running to lean when doing any intake or exhaust mods

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2004 Zuma with gy6 engine, long case, and plenty of duct tap and zip ties
I recently swapped out my engine on my 2004 Zuma 50 with a GY6. Wasn't anything wrong with the Zuma's engine, I just needed more speed. Came across a Taotao VIP 150 that had bad body damage. So now I've got the engine, mount, transmission and back tire just sitting in my shop. Wanna buy it? Lol

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:13 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 2 2004 Vinos 2004 Zuma
post pictures and asking prices in the for sale section if you are serious

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe derestricted stock variator stock carb 72 mikuni main one clip rich
43 mph still breakin in Michelin S1 90/90/10

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc breaking in with stock pipe then Technigas next r polini 107 mm clutch polini green springs polini 2008 zuma torque driver high speed variator 5.7 grams 82 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena1 4/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 50 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich

Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]