View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Need new tires for my c3 recommendations 
Scooterologist

Post Need new tires for my c3 recommendations
I've got 5000 miles on my c3 and the rear tire is need of replacement.

Interested in what others are using and do you recommend going to a larger size.
Pros and cons.

On my zuma I had used the Perelli SL26's with happy results.

Thanks in advance

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:56 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Re: Need new tires for my c3 recommendations
The SL 26's are good tire. I also have run the michelin bopper, on my other scooter.I dont have near as many miles as you but it seems to have good grip and has the smoother tread pattern,I couldnt tell you about the wear of it yet. I am running a Kenda 140/90 on the C3,front and rear.there seems to be no drop in speed. It's a bigger tire as has a smoother tread so it has a really nice ride.there doesnt seem to be a lot of size choices in the 10" tire. so your kind of limited to brands. I dont know if any of this will help you,but good luck in your tire search and let us know what you decide.

ComposiMo,RaceConcept,ProTaper,KillerScooter,BTX,Two Bros Black Series, KOSO tails ,Standard Functions,PasswordJDM,GRP shocks,13/39 gears, 260mm Big Brake kit, RC Carbon Fiber wrapped BWS-X swingarm,Avon viper stryke 140 rear,130 front,LED blinkers,Yamaha JDM Headlight,Dr.pulley 10gm sliders,CustomDynamics LEDs,TomTom GPS...to be continued

ImageImage

viewtopic.php?t=14156

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:01 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I really like my Pirelli SL26s especially if all your rides are on pavement. I hated those knobbie dual sport tires that came stock they made so much noise and added vibrations.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:44 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

speedandstyle wrote:
I really like my Pirelli SL26s especially if all your rides are on pavement. I hated those knobbie dual sport tires that came stock they made so much noise and added vibrations.

+1 on the pirelli. No experience with the C3, but using a bigger size usually a bad idea. It looks cool, but robs power. Even putting a bigger front on my Z made me loose some power.

It sucks that they don't put weight specs on scooter tires that you can find quickly.
On a low HP vehicle the rolling weight makes a huge difference.

If your shopping for bicycle tires they are all listed by the gram, and it makes a big difference.

2008 Zuma 70cc (TP Trophy BB) CF Reeds, #85 main, Corbin Seat, RRGS Shock, ZX pipe.
2008 Zuma 70cc (Athena BB) #84 main, ZX Chrome pipe. My awesome wife's ride.
Athena Vari, SL-26 shoes, C3 mirrors on both.
52-53 mph (GPS) top speed on both!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:02 am
Scoot Master

At 8300 miles I'm on my second set of Bridgestone ML-50 tires. I got 5600 miles out of the first rear tire a 130/90-10..... The taller tire, (you have to raise your rear fender, or remove it, to make it work,) along with a set of Dr.Pulley 4gr sliding weights, and an exhaust , gives speeds to 44.7mph,(gps) good hill pulling ability, and a 117+ mpg average. This was accomplished with a Dr.Pulley variator, and the metal noise reduction plate removed from the rear of the airfilter. Gabe :patriot:

1980 Kawasaki KZ 250 ltd 3,500 miles
"You never need a loaded weapon, until you need one very badly!" SFC Hugh Lispcomb - Senior Drill Instructor - "Charlie, 4-2" Ft.Leonard Wood, Mo April 1974

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]