View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 YAMAHA ZUMA125 build 
Newb
Newb

Post YAMAHA ZUMA125 build
I picked up this yesterday.

Mods I can see:
Stretch kit
Two Brothers carbon fibre exhaust
Led indicators
SE handlebars
Bar end mirrors
Camo wrap

I don't know if it has any performance mods, I'd like to swap the bar end mirrors back for original mirrors and find and original grab bar for it as well.

The problems I have noticed is the fairings/plastics vibrate noisily because of the exhaust vibration under acceleration, the throttle has too much slack, it seems to require a fair bit of RPMs before it gets moving (that might be a CVT thing? I'm not familiar with them) and the LED indicators aren't very bright.

I did about 20 laps of a empty car park today to get used to it and it seems like fun so far.

It was too dark to take pics when I've had time for it but I'll grab some soon, for now I'll post up some of the for sale pics before I bought it.

Sat May 05, 2018 7:01 am
Newb
Newb

Post Re: YAMAHA ZUMA125 build
It seems someone edited the title of my thread?

Not too sure why, this is the zuma forum and I had 125 in the title and I thought it was pretty self explanatory. All these other "YAMMAHA ZUMA 125 build" threads with exactly the same title are going to make it hard for someone looking to find a specific thread (it's a BWS125 by the way).

I took a coupe of pics at home today.

I've been looking for info on upgrade paths, I was going to get a new belt and I was considering variator weights or a CVT kit. However I was told I should get a CDI and ECU first? (that guy had a 50cc scooter though)

I know there is a lot of guys here with 125s and was wondering if anyone could be able to point me in the right direction?

For the meantime I'm just going to get a new belt and wait until I install it to see if the CVT is stock or if there is any flat spots in the weights before I buy a kit or weights anyway.

Wed May 09, 2018 7:31 am
Newb
Newb

Hello, I am new to the forum as well and just picked up a highly modified Zuma with a 192cc big bore motor. I am fairly new to modified scooters but on my previous motorcycles, including race bikes, I worked on other mods prior to swapping out the ECU. If you plan on a big bore kit with cam and head I would say yes, get an ECU. Maybe someone on here will chime in with their experience. Doesn't look to be a whole lot of activity with the 125 section of the forum though. Enjoy!

Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 am
Newb
Newb

Hi mate, cheers for the reply. I'm probably going to hold off on the mods for a while until I get some more time on it first. I am yet to get my bike licence so money will be better spent on that for now but as it's nearly winter and raining every day I'm not in any rush.

I bought a helmet the other day and took this pic at the car park down the road from me.

Thu May 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]