View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 RUCKHERO 77cc 2t BLACKxTEAL LC Conversion Time! 
Scooter Addict

Post RUCKHERO 77cc 2t BLACKxTEAL LC Conversion Time!
I've documented my build really well over on totalruckus.com but I figured some of you would like to take a peak at what i've done with my 08 zuma. Pics, writeups, etc to follow shortly.

Last edited by ruckhero on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 am
Scooter Addict

Post Re: RUCKHERO 70cc 2t BLACKxTEAL Ruckus w/ Zuma Engine Swap
Short version of why I chose a zuma for my swap into my ruckus:
I had a Yamaha NEOS when I lived in Spain 7 years ago, malossi'd and polini'd the hell out of that thing. Loved it and recently fell in love with rucks about a month ago, BUT wanted two stroke power.
Saw that you fellas/ladies were already swapping in engines from zumas/bws and a whole slew of other beastly 2T Strokes. Now I'm here in San Antonio collecting parts and about to start building.

Lets get started:
Bought this ruckus frame thanks for the great shipping and packaging! :banger: Powder Coating it black (not sure if I'm going flat or gloss or that rough bed liner coat.

Began immediately gathering parts!

ACEWELL Digital Tach up to 12k RPMs, Fuel Guage, Speedometer, turn signals, and it's blackkkkk! This will be going in the battery box soon.

PWDJDM Tank Cover

PWDJDM Pegs

BGM 22.2mm Handlebar Matte Black From DROWSPORTS

ATR Carbon Fiber BB from STANDARDFUNCTIONS! (Bad butt price!)

Raw PWDJDM lower seat frame. Got a better price since it was raw. 8)

PWDJDM Stem

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:29 am
Scooter Addict

on nov 5, 2011 i picked up a 2008 Zuma 50CC, 4700miles. (I'll be swapping in an Athena 70cc BBK - parts list coming soon)
I'll be yanking the engine and full harness out the zuma and then selling everything else for CHEAP. (speedo and shocks are all that's left..)

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:49 am
Scooter Addict

Daytona front rim 12 x 2.75 from Higrade on totalruckus.com. Great seller by the way.
PC'ing it flat black to match my solid 12x7 rear!

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:50 am
Scooter Addict

The color combo I'm going with is "completely black (flat, matte, etc) with teal highlights"
fatlace/illest doesn't carry a sticker with the subtle teal blue that i want. sooooo i want to make my own vinyl on my vinyl cutter.
this was supposed to be going on atr carbon fiber bb of my murdered out ruckus with other teal highlights that I won't be giving away just yet... I ended up going with something more subtle that I'll show off later in the thread

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 am
Scooter Addict

latest arrival in my splurge for all the parts i need... division front wheel hub and titanium rotor bolts from swaptchicago.com. sick quality! The plan is to powder coat or ceramic coat the hub black. I need to make some calls and see who can do what. Any opinions or expertise when it comes to what can be powder coated or what should be powder coated and what shouldn't be?

i'm currently still trying to source lowdown black/black rrgs front forks, brake rotor, and caliper setup. apparently no one has em. Tony at rucksters said he's on the lookout for me and drowsports has another month wait... :headbashing:

Currently have a large shipment coming in from drowsports (19mm dellorto racing carb ALL BLACK!! and some other goodies) I'll post pics when it gets in.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:52 am
Scooter Addict

racking up parts!

in the picture:
athena variator
white contra spring
leo clutch springs for the 08 107mm stock zuma clutch
3.5, 4.4, 5.0 rollers

however

i am not using the leo clutch springs or the white contra. I'm running a malossi yellow contra, torsion controller, and blue malossi springs (currently engaging at 6k rpms with my arrow extreme (just being used for mockups and to get the bike running) and 5g rollers all the way around. I have a derestricted c16 that I'm currently having a custom mount made for, by theruck1, so that my yasuni can fit with my 7 inch wide rear wheel.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 am
Scooter Addict

racking up parts x2!

19mm dellorto carb racing black edition. easy to change out the goodies! screw top for the win!
illest teal lanyard. I called up illest and they wouldn't sell me one because its in-store only for these limited edition lanyards. soooo I had to buy it off someone else.
got matching teal caliper paint too for my p32 brembo coming in from mike(mulrich). apparently the p32 he has doesn't need to be modified to fit my setup. we'll see - can't wait!

i wont be using the stock airbox, I'll be going with this:

http://www.scooterpartsplace.com/air-filter-polini-angled-plastic---37mm.aspx

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 am
Scooter Addict

racking up parts x3!

athena 70cc bbk

racking up parts x4! :banger:

turtlehead led taillight! fab on this is great!

racking up parts x5!

motion pro cable so I can run my zuma controls and the new dellorto 19mm racing carb until I get my custom longer cable for my stretch on my ruckus
polini carbon fiber reeds. two different stiffnesses.
ngk spark plug wire
bpr8hs ngk tuning breaking in plugs. team calamari threw in the iridium but I'm running bpr8hs with the athena setup

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:02 am
Scooter Addict

just tucked my balls and put a fat hole in my carbon fiber battery box! came out great!
this hole, my friends, is not for your average ruckus speedo.
its for my acewell 2853 (black version!!!) speedo, tach, fuel gauge, blinker combo.. mmmm mmm mmmmm.

taped and templated. pretty convenient that the gauge had this piece of cardboard in the box it came with. i taped up the box and outlined on the tape instead of scoring with a knife on the battery box like I saw in one diy. the tape serves as protection in case I slip (which i did) and as a writing surface.

ready to go! bye bye carbon fiber

drilled! used that one bad butt tear drop looking bit with my dremel tool to cut out between the holes and then used the sanding bit to make a clean edge. test fit, sand, test fit, sand, test fit, sand. over and over till it fit snug.

final product!

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 am
Scooter Addict

weather and work have kept me from really getting down and dirty. been spending any good weather days dialing in the 19mm carb on zuma 50 before I throw on the athena 70. ill up the pilot from 35 to 40 and a tad on the main jet when I complete the 70cc install. then its 70cc break in time.

before then though: its been a WHILE so here's some updates. nothing major for all you hard core ruckus builders but definitely some exciting stuff for me. yessir.

painted and diamond clear coated brembo. sexxxxyyyyy.

rear solid 7incher, with buddy club open lugs holding everything in place 8) the teal vinyl strip in the bottom right corner is the test strip for my .25in teal vinyl strips that will be going around the front solid and rear solid rims.

handlebar mockup

rear mockup, smooth welds engine mounts, center shock mount, and primed from rucksters. big thanks to tony for getting this done and out to me. everything here will be painted/powder coated flat black. you can see the triangle mounts to hold the zuma engine as well as a modified hanger from the zuma to fit the triangle mounts. the engine will be stretched a good foot back from the normal ruckus engine mounts.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:19 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Tp 70cc,next r,vforce 3 reed block,s6 variator,stock carb 86 mj,vee rubber 119c tires,med contra,stiff clutch springs
That things gonna be crazy nice when its done... I've been thinking about parting out my zuma and just keeping the motor, and building a ruck. There's just not enough custom parts to change the look of the zuma 50 like there is for the 125 and ruckus.

L/C S6 R/T 95, S6 R/T 44/90 crank, S6 95cc Big Bore Pipe,Trenched and Ported Cases, MVT DD19 Iggy, MXS Intake with KX 85 Reeds, Malossi Overrange , Keihin PWK 35mm carb, UNI air filter, Doppler 14/42, Dr.Pulley HIT Clutch ( 8000 rpm engagement ), Stage6 433 R/T clutch bell, Premix 32-1.

2001 Zuma (Pre-Bug)
MXS Race 70cc, 28mm PWK , S6 Big Valve, SR-1 Crank, S6 R1400 Pipe, Malossi Overrange

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:40 am
Scooterologist

That's a sweet looking build! Can't wait to see more

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:22 am
Scooter Addict

you ask you shall receive! :awesome:

RAT KOUBOU gas cap cover! :shock: I love how the height of this thing is not the standard height of most gas cap covers. I'll be custom painting it. Not exactly sure how yet, but final paint scheme will happen in the next 3-4 weeks for the entire frame of the bike. By the way, big thanks to Yutaka out in Japan for making this truncation super easy! By the way that's my SUNLINE rear brake in the background!

FOX Van RC Shock! Big thanks to Tony and the whole Rucksters team for making Fox hate them and not me! Tony sent the Fox shock from his Smokin Aces bike back to Fox to have it cleaned up, fixed up, refurbished, etc. and they gave him the run around for months... so happy to finally get this in! For reference, its 7.5 x 2.3 and will be center mounted! yuhhheeeehhh! Plus got a couple of free rucksters shirts out of the deal! :banger:

Since Stage6 controls are such a puppy to get, I decided to go a little more custom and get left and right R6 controls. These are off of a 2008 YZF R6. They're all black which is what I was really looking for.

SHIPPED AND ON THEIR WAY TO ME:

ALOT of carbon from Drowsports! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :banger: :banger: :popcorn:
AND Black Dakota digital CHT with matching blue LED lights to my ACE Well gauge! Secret mounting location to be disclosed when my next shipment gets here!
Pics to come when it all gets in by this weekend (fingers crossed)

and finally some initial front end mockup
looking suhweeet!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:17 am
Scooter Addict

Picked up a chinny chin chin bone from rucksters and am working on the wire tuck and fuel line tuck.

More to come after this weekend! (fingers crossed) :highfive:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next