View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 YAMAHA ZUMA bugeye50, bws 
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2005 BWS
Post YAMAHA ZUMA bugeye50, bws
Greetings from Canada eh!

Well it looks like I'll be making some progress beyond a mostly stock scooter now, so I figured I'd start a build thread. This scoot is my daily driver that I use to commute to work, so I won't be doing any crazy full race engine mods. However, I've already ordered a Giannelli Reverse pipe, and I will most likely be ordering a TP Black Trophy 70cc kit in a week or two.

Things I've done so far in order:

Dual Headlight Mod
North American rear fender delete
OEM Short Windshield
CF Reeds
Delta clutch with white springs and white contra
EBay analog tach. (Works great!)

Ordered/Near Future:

Naraku R-Vent clutch bell - Ordered
Giannelli Reverse Exhaust - Ordered, comes with rollers and clutch springs.
TP Black Trophy 70cc kit
82 and 84 jets and new wrist pin bearing from Yamaha for BBK
Upgears
Aftermarket Variator?
Tires need to be replaced soon.
New rear shock? (Mostly for the sake of looks.)

Here is a pic of how it looks at the moment, and a couple pics from my tach install today:

Attachments:
IMG_20140406_164019.jpg
IMG_20140406_164019.jpg [ 212.24 KiB | Viewed 7259 times ]
IMG_20140406_163956.jpg
IMG_20140406_163956.jpg [ 256.97 KiB | Viewed 7259 times ]
IMG_20140203_090148.jpg
IMG_20140203_090148.jpg [ 575.32 KiB | Viewed 7259 times ]

TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, Stock Carb 84 Main, Needle 1 Rich, Stock Airbox Snorkel Removed, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, NCY Adjustable Torque Driver, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.

Last edited by Firehawk989 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:56 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Firehawk989's '05 BWS Build
I like Garfield. Very modest setup.
for a variator you can choose from the malossi multivar, polini hi speed, or stage 6 variator.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:18 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks!

Picked up my wrist pin bearing and 84 main jet from the Yamaha dealer on Saturday, along with a new speedo cable because mine snapped.

Hopefully my clutch bell and pipe will show up this week, and I'll likely order the Black Trophy kit from ScooterAttack on Tuesday.

TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, Stock Carb 84 Main, Needle 1 Rich, Stock Airbox Snorkel Removed, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, NCY Adjustable Torque Driver, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:24 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

My Naraku R-Vent bell arrived today and I promptly installed it. Much smoother engagement, and seems to have gotten rid of the weird vibrations at high speed that I was getting with the shitty OEM style bell I bought originally. Plus with the vent scoops and cross drilling around the circumference it should keep my clutch way cooler!

Attachments:
IMG_20140414_182016.jpg
IMG_20140414_182016.jpg [ 364.38 KiB | Viewed 7161 times ]

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:31 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

TP Black Trophy is now on its way to me from Scooter-Attack! Stoked to really dig into the meat and potatoes of this build!

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Finally got my trophy kit installed today! Everything went smoothly cause I took my time and followed everyone's advice on here. Thanks for all the tips and tricks guys, I couldn't have done it without ya!

Disassembled the scoot and did things in this order: Remove old cylinder/piston and plug crankcase, install 84 main jet, needle adjustment, install new cylinder/piston, tighten head bolts, remove snorkel from airbox, connect spark plug and reinstall airbox and exhaust, test start/1st heat cycle.

Started right up and ran great!

Re-tightened the head bolts and did another heat cycle, then fully reassembled the scoot. Took it for a test ride and it went great! I can feel the extra power already and I love the new deeper sound, even with the stock exhaust!

Attachments:
IMG_20140511_164403.jpg
IMG_20140511_164403.jpg [ 280.57 KiB | Viewed 7036 times ]

Sun May 11, 2014 11:20 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Re: Firehawk989's '05 BWS Build, BBK is on like Donkey Kong!
Should I remove most of that plastic rectangle in the 2nd air shroud now that the cylinder is upgraded? (Better cooling?)

Mon May 12, 2014 10:01 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

I always trim it way down, but leave it there for support.

MHR Hyper Race, 70cc #318440 / Yasuni C-16 pipe, Stage 6 HPC 12mm Crank, Polini C-3 Race Brg. MVT premium, IGGY, TNT- Adj- Inj Pump / Y-Plate, Motul 710, Malossi Over-Range Var-6.0 rollers,Torque Boost Rear Pulley & Stage 6 k-belt, Orange, Contra / 1 spacer, DR HIT Clutch,red malossi race / no pillows+ STG 6 433 Bell, 15-50 Up Gear, Moto Tassinari VF3 Reed's & 4mm spacer, Clone-Blk 21mm, MJ #-94,PJ#42, W-7 2nd , 45*Slide, OEM Airbox , Snorkle out, 5 vents, Side Stand, Daytona Style Alloy Wheels,WD Torsion Arm, Stage 6 R/T Multimeter, Strt-8-HD Fan Trimmed + Air Scoop 50cc Fan Housing, Frt - Pirelli - SL 26 - 120/90/10, Rear- Shinko - 160/70/12, Frando Racing / 5DV-001 Ceramic Rear Shoes - Sigma BC-8 Speedometer-

Mon May 12, 2014 2:52 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

corrosion wrote:
I always trim it way down, but leave it there for support.

Yea that's what I was thinking. I'll take the shroud off and trim it down ASAP.

Mon May 12, 2014 3:44 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm a little over 100km into my kit now, and all I have to say is I freakin' love this thing! It rips even with the stock pipe, and puts a big smile on my face all the time!

Can't wait to get my pipe on there and throw in some upgears!

Wed May 14, 2014 10:44 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 06,Top perf nardo stage 6 hpc,malossi clutch blue springs,motoforce 70cc spot,malossi vario 7 g roller,TNT belt,09 gears
Firehawk989 wrote:
Greetings from Canada eh!

Well it looks like I'll be making some progress beyond a mostly stock scooter now, so I figured I'd start a build thread. This scoot is my daily driver that I use to commute to work, so I won't be doing any crazy full race engine mods. However, I've already ordered a Giannelli Reverse pipe, and I will most likely be ordering a TP Black Trophy 70cc kit in a week or two.

Things I've done so far in order:

Dual Headlight Mod
North American rear fender delete
OEM Short Windshield
CF Reeds
Delta clutch with white springs and white contra
EBay analog tach. (Works great!)

Ordered/Near Future:

Naraku R-Vent clutch bell - Ordered
Giannelli Reverse Exhaust - Ordered, comes with rollers and clutch springs.
TP Black Trophy 70cc kit
82 and 84 jets and new wrist pin bearing from Yamaha for BBK
Upgears
Aftermarket Variator?
Tires need to be replaced soon.
New rear shock? (Mostly for the sake of looks.)

Here is a pic of how it looks at the moment, and a couple pics from my tach install today:

I got that same ebay rpm gauge. 12$ lol anyways where did you mount it?

Wed May 14, 2014 11:55 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2001 Prebug: TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-Restricted, Dellorto 17.5 PHVA converted to manual choke-90MJ-45pilot, At
Firehawk989 wrote:
I'm a little over 100km into my kit now, and all I have to say is I freakin' love this thing! It rips even with the stock pipe, and puts a big smile on my face all the time!

Can't wait to get my pipe on there and throw in some upgears!

Its a great feeling!

2001 Prebug, TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-restricted, Dellorto PHVA 17.5 converted to manual choke- 88 MJ, 45 Pilot, OEM Airbox, Athena Variator, Doppler 15/50 Upgears, Erlandson Kevlar Belt, Motoforce 107mm Clutch & OEM Bell, Malossi White Contra Spring, Malossi Torque Controller, Leo Vince "stiff" clutch springs, Custom Vented CVT, F1 CF Mirrors, CF Fan Cover, CF Airbox Cover, BWS Tail Light, Trimmed Rear Rack, STR8 Front Turn Signals, 5v USB Power Supply, Custom Donut Graphics by jdubbya, Cool Azz Underglow

Wed May 14, 2014 3:12 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

bws2006 wrote:

Yea it works great! And if it breaks because it's cheap, I'll just get another one! The only complaint I have about it is the lighting is poor, but I'm sure that could be fixed with an LED.

I zip-tied it to my windshield/mirror mounting post with 3 or 4 zip ties. It doesn't budge and it's at the perfect angle. I've seen people mount them in the cup holder as well though.

Wed May 14, 2014 3:26 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 06,Top perf nardo stage 6 hpc,malossi clutch blue springs,motoforce 70cc spot,malossi vario 7 g roller,TNT belt,09 gears
Firehawk989 wrote:
bws2006 wrote:

Yea it works great! And if it breaks because it's cheap, I'll just get another one! The only complaint I have about it is the lighting is poor, but I'm sure that could be fixed with an LED.

I zip-tied it to my windshield/mirror mounting post with 3 or 4 zip ties. It doesn't budge and it's at the perfect angle. I've seen people mount them in the cup holder as well though.

I might just do the cup holder idea. Can you tell me where each colour wire goes please?

Wed May 14, 2014 8:34 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

bws2006 wrote:
Firehawk989 wrote:
bws2006 wrote:

I might just do the cup holder idea. Can you tell me where each colour wire goes please?

I don't remember exactly anymore, but the ebay page where you bought the tach tells you. I combined the two positive wires and two negative wires for the tach and light together. The neg goes to a ground point on your frame, and the pos goes to the brown/white wire (I think) from your ignition switch. The signal wire goes to the trigger wire on your coil. (The one with the spade connector.) Make sure you solder all your connections if you want it to be reliable.

Wed May 14, 2014 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next