View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 HONDA RUCKUS 2t zuma watercooled build 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Re: Honda Ruckus- water cooled and air cooled
I'm attempting to install a Malossi Overrange, and noticed a similar issue. Did your kit come with any spacers or shims that go between the clutch and clutch bell? I was having problems similar to yours, and the spacers that came with my kit cleared that up pretty well.

Stage6 19mm PHBG (38pj/84mj/W7 1 lean)
Motoforce derestricted intake
Stock airbox, UNI filter, snorkel removed
Stage6 HPC 10mm crank
Stage6 Pro Replica, derestricted
Malossi MHR Overrange (24.3g)
Malossi 107mm Delta Clutch (yellow Malossi springs)
Malossi 107mm MHR Wing Bell
Malossi Yellow Contra Spring
Malossi Torsion Controller
Top Performance Reed Block and CF Reeds
RFY Shock
Stage 6 F1 Mirrors
Stage 6 14/42s
NGK BR9HS
Michelin Boppers
Trail Tech Vapor
LEDGlow Underglow Kit

Mon May 04, 2015 3:14 pm
Scooterologist

ill check the box the over range pulley came in again. but if i remember correctly it just had a spare O rings. ill check though and report back. i talked with Scooterswapshop last night he suggested a spacer in between the clutch and bell. so i tried a couple different ways. smaller spacer sitting inside the clutch on the splines pushing the bell out did nothing. i also tried a larger washer that sits pancaked between the clutch and bell. i was able to get the horrible high pitched grinding noise to dismiss but if im past finger tight the wheel is still locked. "heavy sign"

larger spacer pictured...

Honda Ruckus- stage6 RT 72cc watercooled cylinder. stage6 RT exhaust. Stage6 race crankshaft. Polini Superspeed variator. MVT Digital Ignition. Polini 28mm carb. Polini 2 shoe race clutch. Polini Evo clutch bell. Stage6 RT oversize rear pulley. Polini primary and secondary gears. Tadia water pump and radiator kit. Air ride. 2pc FLP wheels. Polini Reed valve and Polini 360 degree manifold

Honda Ruckus- Minarelli Clone, Polini Corsa 72cc air cooled, MHR Crank. Koso manifold and reed valve. Polini variator. Polini clutch and bell. MHR exhaust. Polini CP 21mm carb. Unlimited CDI from ebay.

Tue May 05, 2015 7:21 am
Scooterologist

at work right now. but i pulled up the stock photo. looks like it has this black washer to sit on the splines i hope its still in the box where it should be. ill give it a go on my lunch.

Honda Ruckus- stage6 RT 72cc watercooled cylinder. stage6 RT exhaust. Stage6 race crankshaft. Polini Superspeed variator. MVT Digital Ignition. Polini 28mm carb. Polini 2 shoe race clutch. Polini Evo clutch bell. Stage6 RT oversize rear pulley. Polini primary and secondary gears. Tadia water pump and radiator kit. Air ride. 2pc FLP wheels. Polini Reed valve and Polini 360 degree manifold

Honda Ruckus- Minarelli Clone, Polini Corsa 72cc air cooled, MHR Crank. Koso manifold and reed valve. Polini variator. Polini clutch and bell. MHR exhaust. Polini CP 21mm carb. Unlimited CDI from ebay.

Tue May 05, 2015 7:25 am
Scooterologist

that moment when you put on the supplied spacer that came with your over range, and everything works as it should

moving along.

Tue May 05, 2015 11:40 am
Scooterologist

:doh: silly me lol

pretty excited!! just got to time it with the help of a buddy and tune it. ignition timing is by far my weakest link. im clueless.

snapped some pics of her goods. :2bong:

Tue May 05, 2015 3:02 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Haha glad you got that sorted out (and that the spacer was still in the box)! It's funny how such small parts can make such a big difference!

Stage6 HPC 10mm crank
RFY Shock
Stage 6 F1 Mirrors
Stage 6 14/42s
NGK BR9HS
Michelin Boppers
Trail Tech Vapor
LEDGlow Underglow Kit

Tue May 05, 2015 6:39 pm
Scooter Addict

Hey there hothatch! Good to see you here too!

PocketChangeScooterClub
1995 Suzuki Intruder VS800
2014 Yamaha FZ-09

Wed May 06, 2015 2:44 am
Scooterologist

soooo i got the bike started last night and it does this weird thing where each time the bike is shut off the power switches from forward to reverse. literally the wheel changes directions each time. could my gears have been installed backwards??

Wed May 06, 2015 7:15 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Never heard of that before. Is your CVT spinning backwards too or just the wheel?

Stage6 HPC 10mm crank
RFY Shock
Stage 6 F1 Mirrors
Stage 6 14/42s
NGK BR9HS
Michelin Boppers
Trail Tech Vapor
LEDGlow Underglow Kit

Wed May 06, 2015 8:02 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
I know small diesel engines can run in reverse when starting them

could your timing be too far over causing some weird kickback from the magnetism when shutting off
and the key, or kill switch isnt cutting off the cdi properly maybe a ground issue because of the paintjob too thick not tying the frame together

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Wed May 06, 2015 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

If your timing is too close to TDC, a 2 stroke motor can run backwards....

Pete

Stage6 70cc Sport Pro MKII,Stage6 12mmHPC crank,Stage6 MKII intake, MKII 21mm Dellorto;95mj-45pj,Stock airbox; snorkel out(2) 3/4 holes,Adj-Inj pump;yellow cover,Stage6 Choke cable w/my own aluminum lever(plastic one broke before I even rode the scoot),YMS pipe ,Stock variator;4.0 rollers,Stock belt, NCY TD ; pins in 40 degree slots, Stage6 medium contra,Stage6 MKII 107mm clutch; orange springs adjusted-tight,all weights in each shoe,Stage6 R/T 433 Bell,15/50 up- gears , Aerox wheels and forks,Aerox front fender, Stage6 280mm front brake....

Thu May 07, 2015 5:55 pm
Scooterologist

got the timing corrected. was 180 off and firing after tdc. with the timing set correctly i now dont have a spark. coil reads good but not getting much of a reading from the stator. very small ac pulse when kicked and thats it. frustrated and tired. just want to enjoy it.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:58 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

The MVT DD is easy to start backward. Give it a good, stiff kick to start it every time.

I can make my Jog start in reverse very easily by giving it a soft kick.

This is because the MVT DD double sparks at lower RPMs. If the starting kick isn't strong enough to put the crank into a decent motion, the secondary fire can make it fire backward. At least that's my own theory, which would be explained bymost MVT DDs doing this.

Re-do the timing and double-check the wiring for your current no-spark issue.

'94 Yamaha Jog - MHR BigBore 77cc, Yasuni C30, Stage6 HPC 12mm, MHR Digital Direct + EPROM 3 CDI, Dell'Orto VHST 28mm BS, Stage6 Big Valve intake, Stage6 NBR reeds, Malossi MHR Overrange 2005, Stage6 Torque Control + Stage6 CNC 450g bell, 14/46 primary gears

Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:41 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I accidentally started one of my rc helicopters in reverse one time. Didn't know that it was possible for a 2 stroke to do that :doh:

Malossi MHR Big Bore 77 LC, Malossi RHQ crank, Roost 86 pipe, 28mm Keihin PWK Carb, Stage6 reverse intake manifold, Custom Subframe, Stage6 Vforce3 reed valve, Polini open air Filter, Malossi 2010 Over Range, Polini 2G clutch, Dr Pulley clutch bell, Malossi yellow contra. Aerox wheels. ProTaper bars. Buzzeti side stand. Many more upgrades to come...

2008 Zuma 50
2012 Zuma 50 (sold)
2006 Metropolitan selling/parting out!
2003 Derbi Red Bullet

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:01 pm
Scooterologist

Update. It's fast. Really fast.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next