View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 HONDA RUCKUS 2t zuma watercooled build 
Scooterologist

Post Re: Honda Ruckus- water cooled and air cooled
Update, carbon battery box. Cylinder had to be honed and a lot of porting was done. Piston ring snapped with less then 30 mins total run time

It's fast. Like death grip the handle bars and hold on fast

Honda Ruckus- stage6 RT 72cc watercooled cylinder. stage6 RT exhaust. Stage6 race crankshaft. Polini Superspeed variator. MVT Digital Ignition. Polini 28mm carb. Polini 2 shoe race clutch. Polini Evo clutch bell. Stage6 RT oversize rear pulley. Polini primary and secondary gears. Tadia water pump and radiator kit. Air ride. 2pc FLP wheels. Polini Reed valve and Polini 360 degree manifold

Honda Ruckus- Minarelli Clone, Polini Corsa 72cc air cooled, MHR Crank. Koso manifold and reed valve. Polini variator. Polini clutch and bell. MHR exhaust. Polini CP 21mm carb. Unlimited CDI from ebay.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:51 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

VERY NICE!!
You did an awesome job putting that together and it really show!

Malossi MHR Big Bore 77 LC, Malossi RHQ crank, Roost 86 pipe, 28mm Keihin PWK Carb, Stage6 reverse intake manifold, Custom Subframe, Stage6 Vforce3 reed valve, Polini open air Filter, Malossi 2010 Over Range, Polini 2G clutch, Dr Pulley clutch bell, Malossi yellow contra. Aerox wheels. ProTaper bars. Buzzeti side stand. Many more upgrades to come...

2008 Zuma 50
2012 Zuma 50 (sold)
2006 Metropolitan selling/parting out!
2003 Derbi Red Bullet

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:46 pm
Scooterologist

Honda Ruckus- stage6 RT 72cc watercooled cylinder. stage6 RT exhaust. Stage6 race crankshaft. Polini Superspeed variator. MVT Digital Ignition. Polini 28mm carb. Polini 2 shoe race clutch. Polini Evo clutch bell. Stage6 RT oversize rear pulley. Polini primary and secondary gears. Tadia water pump and radiator kit. Air ride. 2pc FLP wheels. Polini Reed valve and Polini 360 degree manifold

Honda Ruckus- Minarelli Clone, Polini Corsa 72cc air cooled, MHR Crank. Koso manifold and reed valve. Polini variator. Polini clutch and bell. MHR exhaust. Polini CP 21mm carb. Unlimited CDI from ebay.

Last edited by RTRuckus on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:35 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm curious, about how much money do you think you have into that build?

Malossi MHR Big Bore 77 LC, Malossi RHQ crank, Roost 86 pipe, 28mm Keihin PWK Carb, Stage6 reverse intake manifold, Custom Subframe, Stage6 Vforce3 reed valve, Polini open air Filter, Malossi 2010 Over Range, Polini 2G clutch, Dr Pulley clutch bell, Malossi yellow contra. Aerox wheels. ProTaper bars. Buzzeti side stand. Many more upgrades to come...

2008 Zuma 50
2012 Zuma 50 (sold)
2003 Derbi Red Bullet

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:47 pm
Scooterologist

I have a lot into the build. More then I'm comfortable sharing...

So I believe do to running the wrong contra, koso 2k for dio, and melting the weights I think I ruined my variator. The bike doesn't have the same launch as it did. Even when I went back to the contra I was running previously, stage6 medium . My launch is horrible and I can't even reach my powerband. I'm using the polini 9 roller with a 6 2g and 3 3g combo. I was doing rolling burn outs with this combo a week ago but I would lose my high rpm due to the medium contra. I could sit on bike and do a burnout. Now it won't do it at all. I ran a 12.5 at 52 in the 1/8th mile last night. That's horrible.

First two pictures are right after I pulled the variator on Wednesday 9/2
Plastic casings fused to the ramps. Having a very tough time getting it all out.

This was today 9/5
Image[/URL
[URL=http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/Alex_Fri7z/media/Mobile%20Uploads/D29E03C5-4BF0-4371-9147-6D9AC746D4ED_zpsq39xcazb.jpg.html]Image

Some of the rollers have gouge marks so there is some resistance... What do you guys think? Has anyone done sanding to the ramps to save them? Otherwise I'm looking at the stage6 rt variator.. Help me out..

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:15 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
looks like you have a cooling issue if those rollers were the correct size
what brand were they?

do you vent the cvt cover at all

I sandblast my variator pulley faces once in a while when my belt starts to squeak alot
that will take away all that melted belt very easy and deglaze the surface at the same time

for the ramps maybe a dremmel with the tiny wire brush attachment
give it a good scrubbing, it wont take away any metal but clean it and smooth it a little

and then you can decide if you can save it

for your performance losses
did you compression test the engine, maybe its just wore out already from all the hard use

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

As I mentioned I was using the wrong size contra so it was binding. My cvt is nice and vented. I'll clean the vari up tomorrow and see what happens. The power is still there. I can rev it and it will spin the back wheel the first few revs then it falls out of it. It's weird

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:02 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont see how a contra melts rollers
heat melts rollers, even though your cover is vented, it may not be enough
or your not moving enough to blow air past everything when doing burnouts stuff like that

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Tp 70cc,next r,vforce 3 reed block,s6 variator,stock carb 86 mj,vee rubber 119c tires,med contra,stiff clutch springs
ZUMIKE wrote:
I dont see how a contra melts rollers
heat melts rollers, even though your cover is vented, it may not be enough
or your not moving enough to blow air past everything when doing burnouts stuff like that

I have to agree with mike.... There is no way a contra spring would create enough heat to melt rollers. Actually a contra spring creates next to no heat in the Cvt system. Does your fixed half of the variator have cooling fins, or is it one of them smooth ones. With that said has anyone ever seen melted rollers? I know that variator doesn't have the best reviews. With the amount of skin you have in that ride why aren't you running an overrange?

L/C S6 R/T 95, S6 R/T 44/90 crank, S6 95cc Big Bore Pipe,Trenched and Ported Cases, MVT DD19 Iggy, MXS Intake with KX 85 Reeds, Malossi Overrange , Keihin PWK 35mm carb, UNI air filter, Doppler 14/42, Dr.Pulley HIT Clutch ( 8000 rpm engagement ), Stage6 433 R/T clutch bell, Premix 32-1.

2001 Zuma (Pre-Bug)
MXS Race 70cc, 28mm PWK , S6 Big Valve, SR-1 Crank, S6 R1400 Pipe, Malossi Overrange

Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:44 am
Scooterologist

trying to explain something through text is always a little tougher then over the phone or face to face. ill try to explain the best i can why im sticking with my belief it was the contra. i even got on my laptop to do this lol

to answer some questions, my cvt is very well vented and my variator has cooling fins. i installed the brand new polini rollers tuesday 9/1 and they melted wednesday 9/2. that shouldnt be possible. not with that much damage. i am in fact running the stage6 rt over range and rt belt for the over range. polini 2 shoe clutch and evo bell.

some facts- minarelli and honda contra springs are different sizes, something i wasnt aware of. ive seen contras in all different sizes but figured it was just how it was from brand to brand. right? wrong. Minarelli is a taller narrower spring and the honda is wider and shorter.
some things i noticed right away installing the koso 2k contra- it was going to be a tight fit. it was way to wide at the base and the coils itself were rubbing on the small clutch springs. but i installed it anyway, well aware there could be some issues. koso springs are have a true rpm reading. compared to a malossi red its just laughable to see the difference. coils are thick and beefy.

first ride after the contra install was insane. so much power of the line. my rpms were a little high so i bumped them up to a 6 3g and a 3 2g combo installed tuesday 9/1 as mentioned above. the next day i rode it across town to a friends. all was good- a little rich but good. on the way home something changed. it was taking a very very long time to get into the power band. my instant power was gone and was replaced with a very sluggish and prolonged take off, i knew something was wrong. the cvt was hot like magma and you guys know what i found inside.

the reason im sticking with the bad contra is because if it was binding, which it was, it wouldnt allow me to reach my top speed. i was only seeing a top speed of 40mph if that. but i got there fucking quick. the bike wasnt "shifting" and was stuck in "first" gear the whole time. causing the variator to work extra hard to get to the higher mph. in turn causing it to melt and potently ruining the variator.

i hope this cleared it up and makes more sense. if the contra is working correctly i can see it not producing any heat. but in my instance it was binding like crazy.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:35 am
Scooterologist

Mina right Honda left

Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:36 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

im guessing the 3 and 2 gram rollers is whats causing you to stay at 40 mph
thats really light

do you know how stiff the contras are? I know too stiff and it wont open all the way also keeping you at lower top speed

I dont know much about 2 stroke but I know the pipe you use dictates when you make power and you need to choose the correct clutch springs
and I know too stiff of a contra also makes the bike act like the rollers are too light
so if your contra is really stiff (2000 rpm) and you have super light rollers that makes me think you could have top speed issues then

whats your pipe rated at and whats your clutch springs at

ive used differnet contras that could be 1 spring taller, and also ones that were smaller in diameter
both worked but the smaller one got caught up in the clutch arm and jammed it open
but they were sold for the bike i was using

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had one of those and had the same problem, although mine didn't melt that bad. I gave the variator away.

2008 Zuma 50
2012 Zuma 50 (sold)
2003 Derbi Red Bullet

Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:02 pm
Scooterologist

i based my weights off total weight since im using the 9 roller. i used the considering factors, the RT variator comes with 3.5g weights= 21g. my 6 2g and 3 3g got me there. a guy in france im talking to runs 4g but you know those french guys, 110lbs soaking wet so i went with the 21g total weight combo and the stage6 medium as my base. my take off was great but i would fall out of the powerband about 35 and i couldnt reach that rpm again to get back into it. a heavier contra was needed. ive heard great things about the koso 2k. i was able to do some tuning with the koso 2k before dookie hit the fan. i started with heavier rollers since the 21g combo was now to light. i went wih a 6 4g and 3 4g combo = 33g top speed was around 56. wasnt impressed as it was a dog all the way there, weights too heavy. kept going light until i hit the killer combo, 6 3g and 3 2g for a weight of 24g. my speedo app told me my top speed was only 38, i told myself that had to be off because of how much faster i was then all my buddies. turns out it was very much accurate since the contra was binding.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:08 pm
Scooterologist

this is getting frustrating. got the "correct" koso 2k contra yesterday and it doesnt even fit on the rear pulley without forcing it.

whats the rule for the contra? do you want it to sit in the rear pulley without any binding or does it matter? i cant even turn it when its forced onto it. i just want my killer launch back...

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next