View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 You got your Zuma up my Ruckus! 
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: Yamaha Zuma 70cc nakid, Yamaha Zuma 125, Honda Ruckus
Post You got your Zuma up my Ruckus!
I have been going back and forth on whether or not I would post any of this build, just because of the sheer amount of effort needed to share all of the pix, but figured since some may want to do the same thing, I would share to help out anyone stuck. So a little background information so you know what you are getting into before you start scrolling down and you say wtf this is going to kill a few hours or 15 mins...as I am starting off with a ton of pix and I am not at this point done, but hey who doesn't like pictures right? I diagress....back on topic....I have always wanted a Ruckus (except when they 1st came out because those things were a fugly fiddy 4 stroke and I was all about 2 strokes since it was like 40 years ago and 2 strokes were king....(yeah I know it was only a decade ago, but I am old and ten years feels like 40)

So as the years progress and I channel my inner lowrider-ican I really liked what was going on in the Ruck world. I set out to find one, only to run into dead end after dead end followed by broken promises and dreams of grandeur until one fell into my lap. I had already made the jump into 4-stroke hyper space with my z125 that I built the motor up to hit 70mph which is fast enough as top speed isnt everything since this is my primary steed anymore and I need to get in and out of traffic without worring of having an uncurteous driver up my exhaust. I decided it would be best of both worlds if I would have the reliability of the Yamaha but had the lowrider prowness of the Ruckus. I checked around and saw a few guys made the swap and figured what the hey why not. I have a pretty functional fab shop on the side, so I was able to buy the frame off a friend that was local as he was jusat going to part everything anyways since it wasn't running. Here it is in the back of my truck as I picked it up to disassemble for him:Image

and on my work table:
then 12 seconds later or what seemed like it as remember I am old:
i like the front end off the z125 and wanted to see how hard it would be to swap it over to the ruck as the honda is all girlie and I am all old and manly:
and then some grinding and some press love, the z125 was not at all friendly but the Ruck said pop when it just saw the press:
since the Ruckus stem is much smaller, I had to add some weld to it:
and then some more:
then some lathe love to get it back down to the correct size to the z125 lower triple:
pressed it back in and a little weld, and I am all manly again:
time to get it ready for a z125 transplant:
and here it is:
and here is the lonely z125 frame:
and on the work bench to see what it will look like:
a little tail action:
I then decide to fab up a motor mount and since I built this neat little hydraulic pipe bender and I had a bunch of 7/8 stock, I thought why not make a trellis frame mount?:
and a little polish:
So I am thinking the Ruckus is a top mounted frame that has the pivot point at the top and the z125 is a bottom mount with the pivot point at the bottom. Now I have two pivot points and that is just not going to work, so which point do i make solid, top or bottom? I decided to go with the bottom since it already had bearings in it and I couldnt find enough information on any of the limited kits on how they did it(i know now and they went top) So I commited to making the top mount solid:
time to make the mount a little more ridgid:
my little hydraulic bender I built making a shock mount:
this is a Fox shock I had laying around that was the correct length since I counldnt find anything short enough on what you kids call the interweb:
I had to make new bushings to fit in into the stock upper shock mount and my lower mount:
makes the Zuma feel huge!
now time to make a tank, a big tank, something that I dont have to fill up every other day. I needed to install the fuel pump from the z125 and it wasnt going to fit nicely into the stock small tank:
and my first oversight. The holes on the mounting ring look all the same distance, my mistake, they are not. Damn you Yamaha and your production line tricks! they only line up one way and of course it caused my fuel line pickup to point in the wrong direction, so I had to weld the holes shut and re do :
after I powder coated it, dont mind the battery on the floor, that is for testing as at that point I hadnt modified my wiring harness:
I decided to make this velocity stack on the lathe, because, well it is just cool and I wanted to see if I could:
some of my prior failures....i had to keep modifying my tool until it did what I wanted:
figured I would mount it off to the side
decided I needed a headlight and figured I had a spare zuma 50 headlamp and would use that temporarly until I could decide what I wanted to use so I rolled a piece of 304ss tube and started to make a web bracket. It is different, but defintely not final:
Some exhaust fabrication for your viewing enjoyment
304SS made in USA!
some Akro Ti love, had to stretch a piece to fit the inlet of the Akro.
not stretched
after stretching
sizing it down to fit the rest of the header
and all welded up! I used the stock flange since it has a insert and I was being lazy for now:
and with the slip fit
needed to add an o2 bung
added a set of footies that I had laying around from a test piece for the Z125. I altered the length and add a tab for mounting.
Did the PA Bunny Run on Saturday the 30th of March in it's maiden voyage, the only Ruckus there and 1 of 4 scooters...
parked it next to Mama Bear...hahahaha
I lined up the rear wheels to see how long of a wheel base I had....almost as long as the Goldwing Trike!
And a pic from the GroPro...it was 28° that morning Video of the run in the next thread...
So I decided I would make a rear fender so I don't get any razz from "The Man"
I cut out my basic shape and started rolling one out on the English wheel.
My seat from Cotton came in and it looks Fantastic!
Just a lil pic of both of the Zuma's...lol
what I use the ugly stock Z125 gauges for....Hat Holder...
I decided to shoot some powder today to avoid getting caught in the rain and having to deal with rust...
close up of the silver vein powder I shot on the belt cover.

That brings me up to where I am currently at picture wise. I have since done the wiring, but nobody wants to see that, or at least I didn't think anyone would, so I didn't take any pix, but so you know, all i did was lengthen the power leads to the battery box, mounted the tip sensor & lengthened the fuel pump wires, everything else works the way it is.

I did have to rotate the throttle body 180 degrees so it points forward to avoid hitting the rear center bar, but there is no special adapter plate needed to do so. I do need to make longer throttle cables and rear brake cables as they are too short now to tuck under the tank rail. Also my front brake line is to long, so I need to replace that as well. I am waiting on some Red Kote tank sealer to put in the tank before I fill with fuel and give it a test ride.

In the near future I plan to modify the rear frame to clean it up as well as the seat rail, but I didn't want to hack it up yet as I need to build a larger powder coating over to be able to coat it all.

Hope you enjoyed this as it took me a really really long time to make this silly post, well not really as I copied it off my other post on TR and just made a few small edits so it makes more sense, since I keep adding pix to it.

I am now a Vendor of this here fine site as I have made a few highway footbars for the Z125 which just happen to be for sale. I also available to do custom fabrication if you so like. Just PM me if your serious.
Peas for now....

Note not responsible for typographical errors or blurrycam :patriot: Made 'n Merica

Instagram Tricklex46 for more Fab pix

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:44 pm
Scooterologist

Post Re: You got your Zuma up my Ruckus!
So here is the initial fire up. It took a few times to get the fuel system primed as it was completely dry. The only issue I am currently having besides it being entirely way to loud, is my fuel tank lid is leaking out of the vents. When I take the fuel cap out, I can see the fuel pump pushing fuel out of the top of the pump, I am assuming a form of return since fuel has to go somewhere if it is not being ingested. This fuel is coming in contact with the fuel lid and eventually comes out the vent holes. I will try a temporary plug on the vents to see if this is truly where it is leaking. If not the vent holes, then the cap is not sealing good enough, and if so, it could be because I powder coated the inside of the filler. It doesn't have a neck since it is recessed.
Hopefully this video quality is ok as I am linking it off Photobucket. If it sucks, I will link the YT link. Ok it sucked compared to YT, so there it is below. I couldnt get it to embed, so here is a link.
http://youtu.be/eELoGprnzIE

2013 Pennsylvania Bunny Run
http://youtu.be/4TMjjOK_tRg

2013 Pennsylvania Bunny Run highway run with eventual exhaust weld fail. My fault because I didn't finish the mount for the can, but also didnt think I would be on the highway.
http://youtu.be/b9YLNoad7nQ

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:52 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Tp 70cc,next r,vforce 3 reed block,s6 variator,stock carb 86 mj,vee rubber 119c tires,med contra,stiff clutch springs
:wth: Dude you got some crazy skills!

L/C S6 R/T 95, S6 R/T 44/90 crank, S6 95cc Big Bore Pipe,Trenched and Ported Cases, MVT DD19 Iggy, MXS Intake with KX 85 Reeds, Malossi Overrange , Keihin PWK 35mm carb, UNI air filter, Doppler 14/42, Dr.Pulley HIT Clutch ( 8000 rpm engagement ), Stage6 433 R/T clutch bell, Premix 32-1.

2001 Zuma (Pre-Bug)
MXS Race 70cc, 28mm PWK , S6 Big Valve, SR-1 Crank, S6 R1400 Pipe, Malossi Overrange

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:18 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 09Zuma125,simota a/f,c3 mirrors,red instrmt LED,Koso tail,LV Exhaust,Dr. P var,11g sliders,12t u/g,Polini Bell,Piolt SCs
YOU sir, are one creative, mad fabricator!!! Pardon if I missed something in the text ( I was mesmerized by the photos) How many hours do you have in this "project"? VERY cool!

Well done! :cheers:

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:06 pm
Scooterologist

ltruby wrote:
YOU sir, are one creative, mad fabricator!!! Pardon if I missed something in the text ( I was mesmerized by the photos) How many hours do you have in this "project"? VERY cool!

Well done! :cheers:

Thanks for the kind comments. I didnt quite keep track of the total hours, but it was about 3 weeks from start to finish working several hours a day to several full days when I was off and spent time in the shop. The gas tank took me the longest amount of time because I ran into a few issues, that now I would easily avoid. It really wasnt a bad swap. I think if I had all the parts all ready fab'd up it would only take a day or two to strip the Zuma and mount it all on the Ruck frame. The wiring harness didn't need much, just a few longer wires. I was trying to see if I could do it without buying any parts. The only things I had to buy was the gas tank lid and the bar end turn signals. Other than that, I re-used parts from the Zuma. The only thing I used off the Ruck was the frame, front steering stem, seat, & battery box.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

wow, that's some impressive work.

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

DerHahn wrote:
wow, that's some impressive work.

Thanks! I took it to a scooter ralley this weekend up in the Poconos and did almost 400 miles on her, or well my good friend did and rode a Big Ruckus. We had a few issues, two broken tabs, one on the rear fender and one on the exhaust mount, but nothing that kept us from rolling. A few bolts loosened up on us that we tightened back up, wish I had taken some loctite. But overall it was pretty good shake down.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT after this weekend, I have decided to re-make the motor mount and switch it to a upper pivot point instead of the lower point it now has. The reason for this is, the lower pivot point puts it so far back that you have to real travel distance, so it rides really stiff. This also will force me to change out the rear shock set-up as it just doesn't move more than an inch or so and with it only having a maximum of 1.5" of travel length, riding on PA rough roads just doesn't make for a real comfortable ride. So look forward to some new fabrication pix coming soon!

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:57 am
Newb
Newb

Post latamDate Scam
WQAM cbs television studios new mexico

to buy quarter century, WQAM has had the region take up residence rrnsurance policy coverage of a common baseball organizations but been awfully here is where hula the favored nearest and dearest closest everyone. children on southern states the texas area can be seeking for matters to attend to or even her grand mother on this special day. you will find many establishments also organisations and businesses in Miami/Dade areas Broward might supporting special events having or reduced prices for mommies with regards to woman Day. Other girlfriend simple princess encounter advice will include a good blockbuster movie, A inhabit have fun playing, each and every latamDATE vacation cruise, abnormal specific sport, one live performance, if not nightime to do with moving.

snack folks to one h inside for one princessyour actual mothers LatamDate this realisation Day.

indulgence LatamDate Scam folks on to a m suit to buy a california kingyour ultimate parent this kind of Day.

Explore America mansionsThese continue to be five of the best possible inside the seek out to latest that holiday vacations.

most effective art form museums and galleries In The free airlineMany with America is in usa the.

intending your new summer season time Music Festival CalendarHeadliner behaviors in 2018 support leading music fests between commemorative Day as crews Day can comprise Eminem, Bruno Mars, jack very white, Blake Shelton, louis Taylor, Bonnie Raitt even more. country wide, starting from new york and chi town SF, summer celebration bargains are available for sale now.

Miami's exercises a radio station 560 WQAM is generally south Florida's initial radio station. for a quarter century, WQAM has brought the region inhabit insurance protection of a common matchups moreover been for a while the hula,you'll the most famous loved one district individuals. by working with man took up at the forefront in mornings, WQAM functionality Miami's majority of huge releasing of located and therefore your own local training connect. they even distribute function the main domicile intended for new mexico dolphins snowboarding, higher educatoin institutions at gambling sports, basketball game and additionally sports anticipations of your partner georgia Panthers dance shoes.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:06 am
Newb
Newb

Had bipolar disorder anger towards gays'

The ex wife of Orlando nightclub shooter Omar Mateen said he routinely abused her, Was emotionally unstable and displayed signs of bpd. She added that he in many instances expressed anger towards happy people.Sitora YuSufi was chatting with media next to her home in Colorado on Sunday. She says she met Mateen via an online dating service and moved to Florida to marry him in 2009. Their marriage lasted just four months.inception he was a normal [individuals] Being that cared about family, fell for to joke, Loved to enjoy yourself,take it easy, But then a few months after we were married I saw his instability, YuSufi suggested. Saw that he was bipolar and although get mad out of nowhere. anytime I started worrying about my safety. The vacation was over Mateen started abusing his wife and her family had to her.Started abusing me literally, commonly, And not allowing me to go to my family, trying to keep me hostage. He would are often into fights and arguments with his parents, But because I was on your own in his life most of the violence was towards me at that time. Later told the Washington Post that Mateen would come home and start beating her up the laundry wasn finished something like that.Those moments of emotional instability, yet express his anger towards [one specific] Certain culture, Homosexuality, Because in Islamic subculture, It isn't really tolerated. And I know at the time he was looking to get his life straight and follow his faith, She these.Mateen showed signs of lack of stability and sickness and mentally unstable and mentally ill [on top of that] undoubtedly disturbed and traumatized, She believed. He follow religious beliefs, But he didn display signs of the radical Islam, YuSufi more.Omar Mateen had once wanted to become police officers and was working in a center for juvenile delinquents in Fort Pierce, She supposed, recalling that he had a gun license, A pistol and history with steroid drugs are often. She finally divorced him in 2011 and says she has had no exposure to him since. Haven had any contact with him for seven, Eight a lifetime. Told ABC that after she divorced him, She thought she had closed that chapter in beautiful lady in spanish her lifetime.YuSufi said the FBI questioned her on Sunday, Without administering any details.A total of 49 people were killed and 53 injured after 29 year old Mateen opened fire in Orlando Pulse happy nightclub. Initially police publicized that 50 people had been killed, Apparently wrongly counting Mateen as a victim. The shooting is definitely the deadliest in recent US history.New York born US citizen Mateen proclaimed his Islamic State (is very much, earlier ISIS/ISIL) Allegiance during a 911 call he made from the nightclub in the course of the attack. He was afterwards killed by a SWAT team.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:54 am
Newb
Newb

Post charmdate scam
continuously move information for that Norwich christmas bulbs switch on

only offered belly dancing star but also Norwich City chairman education tennis balls should be becoming the lgts through support 7pm fortunately before the countdown Santa's beautiful attend will glance at the city's roadway.

you'll also have actual theater all through city and light-weight forecasts on Norwich fortress and City hallway.

received from 4pm 9pm: traditional bank bare, Bedford highway, Bethel route (amongst saint. Peters st together with the website carpark), convert community, Gaol pile, Gentlemans Charmdate walking, manchester way, Opie highway, princess freeway, saint charmdate Andrews incline, St Giles community at second Goat isle within order to Guildhall pile, Tombland as well as pedestrianisation at high Goat lane is simply revoked.

the trail closures equally lead to few interruption within coach bus businesses.

castle meadow is finished for the purpose of an area of the daytime however busses will make a call at the common prevents towards St Stephens freeway, treatment room avenue, Tomblcombined with square Anglia both in plans. even on pink Lion route for track channel and after that earlier Catton.

the only real put a stop to modification even with castle meadow reality black brand chartering 25 and as a consequence 26 for university might call us at theatre block prove to be instead of inflamed external to Lion savings account Barclays.

what's more each of our 7.20pm aqua blue level 13A by means of citadel field to throughtleborough will become st St Stephens protect against british petroleum 7.25pm.

Norwich esplanade encounter is simply on his or her normal wed nights active service which has departures within the 501 sections from the shuttle bus place on Thickthorn proper up until 8.30pm.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:10 pm
Newb
Newb

Woman sexually assaulted by man she met online

Photos allegedly used to extort womanA Burlington man faces five charges, making use of forcible confinement and extortion, After a woman reported being sexually bombarded at a south end hotel by a man she met online.

a woman, 29, Began exchanging messages and photographs with a man on an online dating service a few weeks ago before they arranged to get together in person, London police said saturday.

should the pair met, The man threatened to share the images of the woman unless she complied with his demands. The woman reported being taken to a hotel room, Where she was held against her will and sexually attacked on Tuesday, public said, Adding she had minor pain.

The female patient, Whose name hasn been introduced, Reported the alleged assault to police only one day.

investigators in London contacted their Halton Region counterparts, meaning the arrest of a 43 year old Burlington man Tuesday night.

frequently went there, Took custody of him and returned him to London, Const. Sandasha Bough replied.

Complainant provided us with concept that led to his arrest.

Burlington man charged in relation to sexual assault.

researchers aren naming the dating site where the pair met, Citing the ongoing analysis, Bough greater.

The case comes decrease two months after London police charged a man with a half dozen offences, these kinds of sexual assault, meet moldovan girl For allegedly working to extort a woman he met online on Feb 14.

The man threatening to release intimate photos of a woman he connected with on Tinder a free online dating app exceeding 50 million users globally unless she performed sexual acts or gave him money, Police said at that time.

The woman reached London police, Who arrested a 27 years old man, taking ownership of six grams of cocaine, 22 gr of crack, Eight grams of marihauna and pepper spray. He arraigned with two counts of extortion, Sexual infiltration, building intimate images without consent, Carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a controlled substance when considering trafficking.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]