View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 YAMAHA ZUMA bugeye50, bws 
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 05 Zuma, 08 rear pulley/clutch, Multivar, 7 gr. sliders, Mal. front half pulley, malossi torsion controller, mini tach
Post Re: 2005 yamaha BWS build (in the works)
Oh yeah, check the malossi torsion controller. I was stuck in low gear after I installed it incorrectly. Cup side lays on contra spring and lip/ridge side goes against clutch bell. Make sure you eyeball the bell from the top so it is centered perfectly. I'm using 6.5 sliders so you need to go lighter. Good luck!

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:31 am
Newb
Newb

I dont have a tach hooked up yet so im not sure how many rpms im getting, she revs up real good though, right now im just going for the best feel its a budget build so i havent invested in one yet. Ill have another look at the clutch to make sure its all together properly. I have a weight kit some jets and a few contras on the way in the mail so once those come in ill update on my progress.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:36 pm
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 05 Zuma, 08 rear pulley/clutch, Multivar, 7 gr. sliders, Mal. front half pulley, malossi torsion controller, mini tach
All I know is that I wish I would have bought my tach when I tuned my cvt, would have saved me a lot of frustration & $'s (you can afford to burn 30 bones). Last question, I promise, does the polini pipe interfere with the oe engine stand?

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:17 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2005 BWS
This is the tach I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Motor ... D5&vxp=mtr

Works great and it's $10!

Agree with your rollers being too heavy, and possibly contra and/or clutch springs not stiff enough.

I'll PM you about the carb.

TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, Stock Carb 84 Main, Needle 1 Rich, Stock Airbox Snorkel Removed, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, NCY Adjustable Torque Driver, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:31 am
Newb
Newb

The polini pipe does not interfere with the stand... it does rust very easy however, I left mine rusty for now but will paint it eventually. And yeah i should probably look into a tach thanks for the link firehawk.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:49 am
Newb
Newb

Well that settles it, I'm getting the polini pipe. Thanks Mopedmopu##y!

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2