View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Modifying stock motor mount 
Newb
Newb

Post Modifying stock motor mount
Greetings. I have been looking for an alternative to stretch kit since most place do not have them in stock or are very pricey. I was thinking about modifying the stock motor mount to cut and weld a 3-5 inch extension plate from the pivot point. Has anyone else tried this? Not looking for an extreme stretch, but something OEM looking and lowering the bike so my girl can ride it.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:04 am
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 1998 Zuma Prebug
Post Re: Modifying stock motor mount
jae_rex wrote:
Greetings. I have been looking for an alternative to stretch kit since most place do not have them in stock or are very pricey. I was thinking about modifying the stock motor mount to cut and weld a 3-5 inch extension plate from the pivot point. Has anyone else tried this? Not looking for an extreme stretch, but something OEM looking and lowering the bike so my girl can ride it.

I doubt anyone has. If you do build one try and copy the current stretch kits as those have been tested and made to be structurally strong. If you try and make your own design or use wrong materials then this can be a failure point on your scoot which will not be good if it decides to snap going 40mph+

70cc Athena w/ BR9HS, 17.5mm Carb (82MJ, clip 1 from bottom), 9.9:1 final drive, 4.4g rollers, LV 5k clutch springs, LV TT Pipe

Current max speed ~93kmh(58mph) @ 9.7k rpm

Build Project: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=28663

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]