View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Best sport 50CC options? 
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: yamaha bws 2004
Post Re: Best sport 50CC options?
but like i said im almost shure its the var because its all worn out you can see the dips and feel the dips where the belt travels the most in the variator it's actually pretty bad I put a ruler in it goes you can see a gap like maybe 3mm lol.so i hope that is the problem iknow its sapost to b flat

yamaha bws 50cc 2004 , dual headlight mod headlight mod, malossi mhr racing brakes, Str8 shock Riser 60mm, tun'r high flow air filter K&N Style, polini 3g speed clutch, doppler white spring i have them all i think im going to change to yellow, malossi winged speed clutch bell, polini clutch engagement Springs(green), poline jets, stage6 5.5and 6gram weaights, tun'r oversized air fan(red), str8 air scoop, and yasuni z pipe with red adrenaline exhaust (fully unrestricted) and side kick stand just put in a polini 70cc sport, polinihigh speed variartior, air speed front fixed pully polini belt that came with the kit

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:41 am
Scooterologist

oh sorry it drops off at 88 i just tried it and thats pretty close to the chart concidering 9000 is dropoff for that pipe . but its running wicked thats all i can say besides the slipping

yamaha bws 50cc 2004 , dual headlight mod headlight mod, malossi mhr racing brakes, Str8 shock Riser 60mm, tun'r high flow air filter K&N Style, polini 3g speed clutch, doppler white spring i have them all i think im going to change to yellow, malossi winged speed clutch bell, polini clutch engagement Springs(green), poline jets, stage6 5.5and 6gram weaights, tun'r oversized air fan(red), str8 air scoop, and yasuni z pipe with red adrenaline exhaust (fully unrestricted) and side kick stand just put in a polini 70cc sport, polinihigh speed variartior, air speed front fixed pully polini belt that came with the kit

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:57 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2 2004 Vinos 2004 Zuma
Now you are giving enough info to home in on a problem

Stock variator
If it has worn grooves it is the kevlar belt biting in to the variator when you run at the same throttle point a kevlar belt is not necessary for your set up and even after you go to a sport bbk.

Oem belt is much friendlier and has very long life and doesnt slip like kevlar .

A sport variator upgrade would be as high as i would go or just get another stocker all that overange and racing stuff you are way underpowered for with a 50 cc .

So skip the kevlar belt it is slipping and wrecking variators and when it fails it explodes into your tranny check the pictures on the forum .

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe malossi multivar 6.5 sliders green polini clutch springs stock carb 75 mikuni main one clip rich 47.5 mph Michelin S1 90/90/10 rear tire Michelin S1 3" x 10 up front

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc Technigas next r 2008 zuma torque driver polini high speed variator 5.5 grams sliders malossi delta clutch yellow contra yellow clutch springs Stock Carb 84 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena 14/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 56 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich (sold)

Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:18 pm
Scooterologist

going to go with the polini speed kit, it seams the best . alott of people ate happy with it . but its also killing me what it would be like to have a malossi multyvar

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:36 pm
Scooterologist

cant make my mind up i just want it to stop slipping and have a good launch

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:40 pm
Scooterologist

i have another question not related to the variator problem .and it is if i get a 70cc would i have to up grade my crank, cause i just put an oem one in jw for future im also running the yasuni z

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:47 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

variator
i have used bioth the polini speed and the multi var they are both a upgrade but the they are a coin flip baded on which one is better .
just go with the one you get the best deal on.
70 cc sport bbks do not require a crank up grade because they dont rev that high with the yasuni z.
they are a big upgrade power and acceleration wise .

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe malossi multivar 6.5 sliders green polini clutch springs stock carb 75 mikuni main one clip rich 47.5 mph Michelin S1 90/90/10 rear tire Michelin S1 3" x 10 up front

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc Technigas next r 2008 zuma torque driver polini high speed variator 5.5 grams sliders malossi delta clutch yellow contra yellow clutch springs Stock Carb 84 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena 14/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 56 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich (sold)

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:26 pm
Scooterologist

going to up grade to polini 70cc sport .i l ow i have to up jet the main but do i have to up jet the idel
..dumb question .i know. im almost sure u guys are gona say yes lol

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:20 pm
Scooterologist

going to up grade to polini 70cc sport .i l ow i have to up jet the main but do i have to up jet the idel
..dumb question .i know. im almost sure u guys are gona say yes lol

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:20 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

sport bbks do not always require a upjet on the main The stock jet is a tad rich .
You just have to be prepared to do so.
Plug chops will tell you which direction.
You probably just have to raise the needle a notch by lowering the clip .
Now if you add pipe upjetting has to happen because of the extra flow .
If the mixture was right at idle before you just have more suction from a more powerful engine bringing in the same ratio at the same rpm .
You might not even have to turn the mixture or idle screw .
Why you may have to upjet the main is for the higher rpms and compression require a bigger jet to keep cool and for proper air fuel mixture .

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:50 pm
Scooterologist

so up jetting the idle is not necessary

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:16 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Just a small adjustment on the mixture and idle screws may do it .
I did not make any idle changes to my vino after I put the malossi bbk on it .
Now when I added a pipe it needed a small adjustment to both screws .
1/2 or 1/4 turn is all it was .

Now the zuma i could have got away with stock idle jet but i was turning it richer So i changed to a bigger idle jet ,The jets are cheap so having them at ready is a good practice .

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:30 pm
Scooterologist

ya im trying to order some off scootertunning but theres none in 6m
its 44 right now so i want to get a few of them or a kit of ten but theres none all sold out

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:33 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Which carb are you running
If dellorto you can order on amazon
If stock order from boats ,bike bandit or your yamaha dealer

Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2