View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Exhaust 
Newb
Newb

Post Exhaust
Hey everyone. I'm a new member here and a new owner of a vino 125. The problem is the exhaust is cracked where the pipe meets the muffler and both header bolts are broke. Now I can braze the pipe together easy enough but I'm thinking of going to an aftermarket pipe. I was curious to know what you all are running on your scooters. Seems all I can find for the vino is the Ruima and NCY exhaust. If I could get some advice I would really appreciate it.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:08 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Post Re: Exhaust
my friend had the ncy
it broke every few months

we even welded it all the time too

stock breaks alot too, its just a bad design

if anything you should custom make one thats much lighter
although the ncy had a good mount, it was very heavy and not sure if that was the problem

one vino I saw had a huge chrome exhaust, and the tip angled towards the tire
not outwards
this told me maybe it was for another bike and happened to fit, maybe a gy6150cc engine
not sure

unless youve seen that one

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: '08 zuma 50 & '06 vino 125
ive had the ruima one for about 3 years now and love it. http://www.provoscooter.com/ruima-stain ... -1494.html

sounds great looks awesome. no problems.

i did have to make a bracket for the huger fender but that was pretty easy.

top performance trophy bbk, stage6 hpc crank, top performance 50/15 primary final drive gears, ncy forks, doppler rear shock, style pro handlebars, ncy handlebar mount, acewell 1500 speedo, 86 main jet, needle from an '05 carb raised 2 notches, t-mod, snorkel removed, leo vince zx-r, dual headlight, led tail light, stage6 f1 mirrors, pirelli sl26 130 tires front & back, ballistic evo2 4cell battery, jdm rear fender with intergraded turn signals, intergraded led turn signals front, replaced 75 screws and bolts with blue aluminum allen screws, str8 grips, str8 oversized fan, malossi white torque spring, torque spring bearing, stage6 levers, stage6 kick start, stage6 vforce3 reed cage, malossi mutivar, 7g variator weights, malossi drive face, stage6 r/t clutch with red springs, stage6 r/t 433 clutch bell, throttle up garage door opener, trimmed rack, vented transmission cover

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:15 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

does that exhaust tip aim towards the rear wheel

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

no it goes straight back. it might be for a different scooter though. the mount for the hugger fender is completely different.

top performance trophy bbk, stage6 hpc crank, top performance 50/15 primary final drive gears, ncy forks, doppler rear shock, style pro handlebars, ncy handlebar mount, acewell 1500 speedo, 86 main jet, needle from an '05 carb raised 2 notches, t-mod, snorkel removed, leo vince zx-r, dual headlight, led tail light, stage6 f1 mirrors, pirelli sl26 130 tires front & back, ballistic evo2 4cell battery, jdm rear fender with intergraded turn signals, intergraded led turn signals front, replaced 75 screws and bolts with blue aluminum allen screws, str8 grips, str8 oversized fan, malossi white torque spring, torque spring bearing, stage6 levers, stage6 kick start, stage6 vforce3 reed cage, malossi mutivar, 7g variator weights, malossi drive face, stage6 r/t clutch with red springs, stage6 r/t 433 clutch bell, throttle up garage door opener, trimmed rack, vented transmission cover

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:55 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

well at least it hasnt broke
my friends did all the time

what happened is he ran it broke all the time and leaned out the engine
but because he installed open filter and never rejetted so it was probably lean there
and with broken exhaust leaned it out more and seized it

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

it also comes with an insert so you can either have it loud or really loud. here are some pictures. the last picture you can see the huger fender bracket i made.
iImageImageImage

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:29 am
Scooter Addict

ZUMIKE wrote:
my friend had the ncy
it broke every few months

we even welded it all the time too

stock breaks alot too, its just a bad design

if anything you should custom make one thats much lighter
although the ncy had a good mount, it was very heavy and not sure if that was the problem

one vino I saw had a huge chrome exhaust, and the tip angled towards the tire
not outwards
this told me maybe it was for another bike and happened to fit, maybe a gy6150cc engine
not sure

unless youve seen that one

DId you ever have any issues with the NCY on your zuma?

Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:55 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

no
but the engines are different enough cant really compare
and the mounting is way different

and all the exhausts ive had on my zuma none have cracked

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

How about this one? I called them and they said its direct fit. But not sure by looking at the bracket

http://m.monsterscooterparts.com/vino-1 ... ew=desktop

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:23 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

its says gy6
your vino engine is not a gy6 type, gy6 is a china made engine
although maybe you will get lucky and it fits the mounting bracket probably wont

on that bracket

the wide Y shape should bolt to the engine one part of the Y you cant see (im guessing)
and the single should go to that muffler strap thing

what you need to do is see if the Y spacing looks like your bolt holes on your engine

also your header shape, and if the flange is not adjustable who knows if it fits

I make brackets like this all the time for custom exhausts depending on the weld joints if they are welded good it will be fine

but ive seen many break on the welds, all the ones ive made never broke yet

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]