View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 vino 125 carb jest and oil leak. 
Scooterologist

Post vino 125 carb jest and oil leak.
I built a custom exhaust for my vino 125 and now it's getting to much gas but still runs and idles like normal where can I get main jets from for the bike?

I ride my bike very hard and the bike sat for a bit when I bought it has an oil leak on the right side of the motor but only after I've been out riding from what I can tell it looks like it's coming from behind the fly wheel but I can't tell for sure is it possible I blew a crank seal?

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:25 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Post Re: vino 125 carb jest and oil leak.
see what brand name the carb is
jets r us sells a ton of jets you could probably find them

depending on your main jet size right now
this drill kit goes from 40-100
but it does skip some sizes

so say you have a 110 and need a 100 jet
you fill your jet hole with a tiny drop of solder and redrill it

or if you need to enlarge its just as easy

here is the chart I use, you will see it doesnt do every size but good enough to see what jet you really need

and I did buy an even larger set that does 100 and larger from ebay too

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

Thanks that helps I'm going to look at the carb while the bikes apart.

I found my oil leak I took my fly wheel off and went to remove the cover over the oil pump and the 3 screws holding it on where not tight and was letting oil pass by it when the engine got warm I ordered a new crank seal o-ring and gasket when I put it back together I'm going to use a little bit of lock tight to make sure they don't back off again in the future.

I figure since I have the bike apart now would be a good time to do some upgrades I want to upgrade the stock intake to a NCY intake but I'm not sure if it will work with my stock carb and since I have to rejet the carb I may as well replace my factory air bow I found one I like but it's for the zuma 125 I'm not sure if it will fit on my Yamaha vino 125.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:43 am
Scooterologist

How do I pick jets my jet size is #97.5 how do I pick sizes do I go higher or lower the next number after #97.5 is #100 or do I go backwards to #95?

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

if you think its jetted too rich then yes you need to go smaller

95, then whatever comes next smaller

probably want to try 3-4 sizes smaller will be cheaper to order a few and pay one shipping cost

usually if its too rich you will loose top speed
so you can go down a jet at a time see how the speed is

not knowing how you built this new exhaust if its really restricted from the stock one you may have to try alot of jets

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

I used a performance exhaust that was built for a Honda cub 100cc chopped off the silencer and welded it to the header for the vino 125 it hasn't hurt top speed as for back pressure it starts nice and easy runs fine idles fine gets up to speed really well considering it's running a little on the rich side.

I'm hoping I can get away with a 95 jet but I'm going to buy different size jets just to be safe.

Last edited by tkrocks2 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:44 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

is the exhaust outlet larger or smaller then the stock pipe

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

pretty much the same size it's maybe a mm or to bigger

Attachments:
1111152124-01.jpg
1111152124-01.jpg [ 218.71 KiB | Viewed 4491 times ]
1111152124-00.jpg
1111152124-00.jpg [ 223.06 KiB | Viewed 4491 times ]
1111152125-00.jpg
1111152125-00.jpg [ 232.02 KiB | Viewed 4491 times ]
Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:33 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would think if the intake was left alone
probably be the same jetting as what you had before

its not really going to flow much more if its close to the same size

but try the jets see what happens

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

The spark plug is really black with powdery carbon I think the jetting is very close to being perfect I think one jet size smaller and all will be good.

It's not the best looking pipe but it's short enough to take the back wheel on and off the bike without removing the pipe and it doesn't brake like the stock exhaust.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:25 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had to always repair the ncy exhaust my friend had
that broke all the time too

must be some flaw in the mount or something to cause the exhausts to always break

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

My pipe may not be the best looking exhaust out there but it works it's loud and people hear it.

Last edited by tkrocks2 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:48 pm
Scooterologist

The NCY performance intake for the vino 125 will it fit the factory carb?

And if I use it with a stock carb will I notice any gains in power or would it be better just to keep using the stock intake.

I took the bike off the road a few months ago when it started leaking oil and decided it's time to get a bigger bike I bought a 05 majesty 400 but it needs $828.20 in parts I'm debating if I should put more money into it or just say enough is enough and sell it while it's still running good the fuel injector started leaking fuel into the cylinder so now my bike is always running rich I've already spent $681 on it on top of the $3900 I paid for it I'm even thinking trade it in and get a smax or the new zuma 125 but I hate fuel injection it's just a money pit.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]