View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 RC Scooters TST - anybody have results? 
Scooterologist

Post Re: RC Scooters TST - anybody have results?
Thanks for the replies.

I think I am going to leave it as-is for a while until I get some miles on it. It is a fun bike as it sits, so if that is what it is, ok. If I need a faster bike, I'll just add another to the stable. Maybe a good old KLR650!

Truth is, after being on it for a while, I cannot imagine how squirrely it would be to ride at 70mph on this thing. :wth: NO THANKS! :)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 am
Scoot Master

zuma is made for cruising in town. No highway stuff. lol! I can get mine up to speeds but truth is the bike is just fun to putz around on around 40 mph.

Mon May 01, 2017 8:48 am
Scooterologist

I'm running a stock engine. Tst with 9/11 sliders not rollers. Also have the rc ignition coil and on a day with little wind I can take the highway. My speedometer says 70 But my GPS says 65 mph.

So I love the tst

Thu May 04, 2017 7:10 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

UneasyRider wrote:
After having the TST for a while, I can't really say it has gotten me much of anything in the way of speeds gains.

I tried 9/11g weights, and acceleration was dog-slow. Switched to 9/10g weights and was able to get better performance, but again only 60ish on the speedo. Then I tried 9/9g weights and basically just lost some top end.

At this point I am back to 9/10g weights. I installed a cheap tach and it looks like I am hitting roughly 8000rpm maybe a bit more, but never over 60 on the speedo.

Chris has been very helpful, but it looks like we've hit a dead end. And the only gains I have achieved are "worse gas mileage" :gonk: Went from 71 to 68 mpg.

I am not interested in a BBKit. Just wanted to squeeze everything I can out of the 125.

I will mention that the bike only has 550mi on it. So I am hoping that in a few hundred more miles it will be broken in and get a little faster.

Otherwise my current results with the TST are about zip.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

any sort os resistence is what holds it back. weight is a factory and aerodynamics too.

so on a stock 125cc you have to tuck down reduce wind resistence. with a bbk and more power the less tuck will be needed.

weight is also a big factor from 250lb rider vs a 175lb rider. performance will be different.

stock gearing with the tst and 9k rpm will do 70-74mph on the speedo.

don't change gears, will make it worse. 125cc can't push taller gearing. lack of power.

since you already messed with the roller weights and find 9/10 to work best. now try go with just the thick tst shim by itself. see if that will help push the belt up.

make sure to do the sharpie test on the face of the variator so we can see how high the belt rides up.

also make sure to tuck down, if have a windshield, remove that, just a big sail in the wind.

if on stock tires, maybe try fill little more air so it's less rolling resistence or just change to better street tires. the stock tires are loud and not very good street tires.

HOEDAR ECU, GJMS, HOBAO, KOSO, PG,
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16410 <------ RC R&D

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2