View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 My 155 BBK thoughts 
Newb
Newb

Post My 155 BBK thoughts
HOLY stool!!!!! :awesome: :wth: :toot: :haw: :eng101:

I bought the kit from Race Concepts and it is pure joy. The biggest difference is it keeps pulling from 30-60mph. I have done no other performance mods. I may add a little taller gearing to get me over 60mph in the future. If you are on the fence on whether to upgrade, BUY IT!

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:51 am
Newb
Newb

Post Re: My 155 BBK thoughts
I sent you a personal email asking this question, but I am not sure it went through, so I will ask, again, here.

So what did this setup do to your performance below 30 MPH? Is your performance below 30 MPH better/worse/unchanged?

chuddybangbang wrote:
HOLY stool!!!!! :awesome: :wth: :toot: :haw: :eng101:

I bought the kit from Race Concepts and it is pure joy. The biggest difference is it keeps pulling from 30-60mph. I have done no other performance mods. I may add a little taller gearing to get me over 60mph in the future. If you are on the fence on whether to upgrade, BUY IT!

CHASSIS: Dual headlight Mod plus modulator. KOSO Afterburner taillight plus modulator. Louder horn. GPS. Rear rack. Seat Mod. Smoked turn signal covers. Michelin City Grip tires. Folding mirrors. 260mm front brake rotor. GJMS rear shocks.
ENGINE: Simoto intake filter. Lightweight fan. NCY Exhaust. Taida finned valve & cam covers. 155 BBK (with bigger cam and injector)
TRANSMISSION: TST Variator (9 & 10 gram weights). KOSO lightweight Clutch Bell. NCY contra spring bearing. 1200 RPM contra spring. KOSO CVT cover.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:18 pm
Scoot Master

1500 rpm spring light rollers, 8g and 9 g rollers, will make 1 to 30 mph feel like a real motorcycle out of the pocket. Is how the performance for a 155 bbk feels at 1 to 30 mph. keep stock final drive gearing in there and you will pull the front off the ground if it has no stretch. ( depending upon your body weight )

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:02 am
Newb
Newb

Yep performance is also better at low speeds. It will barely pull the front wheel off the ground on take off (I weight 200lbs). It's just the increased performance is more noticeable after 30 mph compared to stock.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am
Scooter Addict

If you want it to really pull consider a TST 2 stage variator with 9/11g weights from RC.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:44 pm
Newb
Newb

Why did you have to say that John? Now I feel like I need a TST variator........ :mario:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:02 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

thanks for the support!

1st thing you have to get is a aftermarket clutch and clutch bell. with more power the stock one slips. this alone will add performance and increase top speed. eliminate slip and all the power goes to the rear tires. PG clutch and bell combo is a solid choice since it's a heavy unit so it's smooth and built to last forever (carbide steel clutch bell) had a customer do a burn out and wasted the clutch pads, then melted the aluminuim clutch onto the PG clutch bell. normally any clutch bell u toss it away but PG is carbide steel it survived. cleaned it up and installed a new clutch.

2nd item be the rc cvt kit with the TST variator, changes the way it shifts and adds acceleration. large diameter variator increases top speed.

if you plan to ride pass 65mph often then i would also get the aluminium rear torque driver. does not have that fat weld spot found in steel versions. so does not flip the belt or chew it up at high speeds.

HOEDAR ECU, GJMS, HOBAO, KOSO, PG,
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16410 <------ RC R&D

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]