View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Serenity 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Zuma 125
Post Serenity
Zoë Washburne: [about Serenity, on first seeing her] You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?

And so begins the tale of my little project. Two years on, bit by bit.

First up: 155cc BBK, 10 hole injector, high lift cam, Simota air filter (thanks Chris) and fancy valve covers. Shiny!
Attachment:
IMG_1505.jpg
IMG_1505.jpg [ 2.6 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

I added this over winter break and am still running it in. As funds allow I'll add a bigger TB and manifold, Large valve head, higher gears (maybe) and fuel controller. I need a good power to MPG ratio to match how I ride. I plan on going on some longer trips in about the stupidest (and most fun) way possible.

One of the first things I did when I bought the Zuma was to change to a RGGS variator, KOSO clutch, and a 2 Bros. exhaust ($185 used :toot: )
The exhaust clamp didn't quit fit right, so I took 5 minutes and solved that problem.

Cut, overlap, weld.....
Attachment:
IMG_1507.JPG
IMG_1507.JPG [ 1.83 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1508.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG [ 1.37 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1509.JPG [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

I also didn't like only having two mounting points. The can moves too much.
Make a bracket....
Attachment:
IMG_1511.JPG
IMG_1511.JPG [ 2.85 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

Bolt it all up....
Attachment:
IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG [ 2.19 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

And everything is solid :)

I wanted to clean up the back some, and Rushin had the answer ( I love buying used stuff).
Attachment:
IMG_1516.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG [ 2.05 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

I have something else in mind for the front signals, but that'll have to wait.

I almost forgot my pegs.....
Attachment:
IMG_1087.jpg
IMG_1087.jpg [ 789.57 KiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

The latest addition is to the front. In keeping with my theme, it's ugly but functional, just like Serenity.
I must have more room for my stuff.
Tack a bit of flat bar to the brushguard and proceed to hack away.
Attachment:
IMG_1526.JPG
IMG_1526.JPG [ 1.38 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

Make a platform.
Attachment:
IMG_1527.JPG
IMG_1527.JPG [ 2.25 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

Serenity: 155 cc kit w/ WPC treatment on piston, High lift cam, 140 cc/min injector, KOSO Delta clutch, 1000 RPM contra spring, TST variator with 10g/12g rollers, Two Brothers Exhaust w/ P-3 powertip, rear LED signals, Yamaha rear rack, Heads-up battery display, Power Mate, Scratch built footpegs and front rack, Yamaha Majesty gears, Yamaha BWS 125 short windscreen.
http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14734

Last edited by K-Moe on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:01 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Serenity
Weld it all up, and see how it fits.
Attachment:
IMG_1529.jpg
IMG_1529.jpg [ 808.17 KiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1530.JPG
IMG_1530.JPG [ 1.15 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

Not quite level, but it'll do.
Wait! Did I make it the right size?

Attachment:
IMG_1531.JPG
IMG_1531.JPG [ 1.62 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1533.JPG
IMG_1533.JPG [ 1 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

Seems so. I'll make a bracket for the ammo can so it can be clamped into place, and bungee the gas can.
It's good to have options (and an extra 80 miles of gas).
Here it is all tarted up and ready to go out.
Attachment:
IMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG [ 2.06 MiB | Viewed 9239 times ]

If I were going to make another I'd make four changes.
1. invest in a spool gun (see # 3)
2. Invest in a tubing bender
3. Make it out of aluminum instead of using the brushguard as a base. It was a PITA to get the cuts correct (see #4), and it weighs 3 pounds.
4. Make a jig so I can save myself about an hour of cursing.
5. ( I know that I said 4, but it's 5 :butt: ) Add a guard for the headlights. I would have done this, but it's already heavy enough, and I don't want to over-stress the subframe.

Paint and other assorted stuff ( It's not quite ready to go on yet Shawn) to come as time and budget allows. :cheers:

Serenity: 155 cc kit w/ WPC treatment on piston, High lift cam, 140 cc/min injector, KOSO Delta clutch, 1000 RPM contra spring, TST variator with 10g/12g rollers, Two Brothers Exhaust w/ P-3 powertip, rear LED signals, Yamaha rear rack, Heads-up battery display, Power Mate, Scratch built footpegs and front rack, Yamaha Majesty gears, Yamaha BWS 125 short windscreen.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:01 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: Zuma 125 (162cc BBK) TMAX 530
Ok now that's cool, sure beats the "basket" Florida guy was talking about. Its practical, maintains the US Zumas rugged look, and certainly individualizes the scoot. Its going to look great with matching paint :cheers:

http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14494&hilit=basket

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Scooter Addict

Looks good...for those needing extra storage. I love making my own dookie...it takes time, as you said, but its cheap, fun, and satisfying. I love "one off" stuff made by owners.

Necessity is the mother of invention!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:47 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

nice work on the rack kmoe. :cheers:

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Last edited by DerHahn on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
My 2 bros clamp was loose too, but I called them and they sent me a new one free that fit tight.

Ever see MSR fuel bottles, sold for camping fuel. I used to use those for my duel sport
Almost like those metal drinking bottles sold now, they have loops in the cap to string them together, but I figured they fit under the seat

I think the 22oz size bottles cost me like $10 each, so they are pricey but was a better option for me instead of the plastic cans

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Good job K-Moe ...

If you get into 'production.mode' with the front rack ... I'll take one !!

But ...
I actually thought that this topic was spam when I saw the title ::
Thought that someone was selling SERENITY !!

It's a lithium orotate combination - intended to treat bi-polar, but over the counter ...
As presciption drugs go, its pretty dangerous
you have to go for regular tests to check for the level of the drug in the system
and overdoses of it are rather fatal ...

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:19 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Yellow Zuma 125, RC Scooters 168cc Stroker BBK
Looks very unique in a good way! Now all you need is a gun rack that mounts to the rear frame rail(s) to go into combat!!! Image :jihad:

How-To: Fix All LED TurnSignal Flashing & NonFlashing Issues
How-To: BWS Asian HID Projector Headlight Retrofit
Taida King Cam (New In Box) For Sale: $90 Shipped
KillerScooter/BTX Foot Pegs/Bar (Scuff Marks & Slightly Bent Mounting Tabs, it Still Works Great!) For Sale: $50 Shipped
PM me for Pics...

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:25 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Zuma 125- (1) Yoshimura TRC Exhaust (2) Two Brothers Racing "Juce Box" Fuel Controller
Cool rack mod, K-Moe! Planning an adventure ride on the Zuma? Image

BioMedHMC wrote:
I actually thought that this topic was spam when I saw the title ::
Thought that someone was selling SERENITY !!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:25 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Zumike: I'd have called 2 Bros, but I figured it would take longer to call than it would to fix the clamp. It was literally a 5 minute job.
I have considered using a fuel bottle, but they are a hassle to fill at the gas station. I still might go that route depending on the particular trip.

Bio: I totally forgot about that particular medication. Putting the rack into production is a possibility, but I'll need to ride the crap out of the first one and make some changes for it to be affordable. There is way too much fitting and welding time involved with the way I made this one, and I think that I can make it a better value with some changes.

JohnnyFYX: Fishing pole rack :waycool:

johnnysmokes: I plan on going on some fishing and photography trips this summer. 12 MPG is not sounding good for the budget this year, so the Zuma will be getting me there. HAHA Seinfeld, another show that I miss. At least it went off the air for a good reason.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:24 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2009 yamaha zuma 125 TBR M2 exhaust system,air intake,dual headlight conversion,xentec HID 6000k coversion kit,led red g
K-Moe wrote:
Zoë Washburne: [about Serenity, on first seeing her] You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?

And so begins the tale of my little project. Two years on, bit by bit.

First up: 155cc BBK, 10 hole injector, high lift cam, Simota air filter (thanks Chris) and fancy valve covers. Shiny!
Attachment:
IMG_1505.jpg

I added this over winter break and am still running it in. As funds allow I'll add a bigger TB and manifold, Large valve head, higher gears (maybe) and fuel controller. I need a good power to MPG ratio to match how I ride. I plan on going on some longer trips in about the stupidest (and most fun) way possible.

One of the first things I did when I bought the Zuma was to change to a RGGS variator, KOSO clutch, and a 2 Bros. exhaust ($185 used :toot: )
The exhaust clamp didn't quit fit right, so I took 5 minutes and solved that problem.

Cut, overlap, weld.....
Attachment:
IMG_1507.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1508.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1509.JPG

I also didn't like only having two mounting points. The can moves too much.
Make a bracket....
Attachment:
IMG_1511.JPG

Bolt it all up....
Attachment:
IMG_1515.JPG

And everything is solid :)

I wanted to clean up the back some, and Rushin had the answer ( I love buying used stuff).
Attachment:
IMG_1516.JPG

I have something else in mind for the front signals, but that'll have to wait.

I almost forgot my pegs.....
Attachment:
IMG_1087.jpg

The latest addition is to the front. In keeping with my theme, it's ugly but functional, just like Serenity.
I must have more room for my stuff.
Tack a bit of flat bar to the brushguard and proceed to hack away.
Attachment:
IMG_1526.JPG

Make a platform.
Attachment:
IMG_1527.JPG

My TBR clamp didnt fit right as well so i got a thin piece of rubber and cut it to size and placed it under the clamp and it fits tight like a glove now. but ur idea was a great idea.

2009 yamaha zuma 125 TBR M2 exhaust system custom made 10 inch muffler,custom air intake,UNI air filter,Asian headlight comversion,15 led auxilary top light,HID 6000k xentec 35w lower light,iridium spark plug,synthetic oil,led red guages,Ruima racing cooling fan,yamaha logo fan cover,NCY super tranmission,13/39 gearing,BWS-x smoked turn signal lense amber 23w bulbs,Koso led taillights with intergrated turn signals,Koso diamond mirrors,chopped rear fender,black widow graphics, progrip jetblack rally grips

2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2009 Yamaha C3 50

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:56 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

great job on the front rack!

HOEDAR ECU, GJMS, HOBAO, KOSO, PG,
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16410 <------ RC R&D

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Race Concept wrote:
great job on the front rack!

Thanks Chris.

I decided that it would be a good idea to adjust the clutch to better suit the 155, so I went ahead and put in the Majesty gears that I have while I had the transmission open. I just got back from the first shakedown run with the front rack. I expected to hear a whistle or something above 45. I heard not a peep. Not even at an indicated 70. I was really happy to finally be able to hold a steady 60 MPH, even with a headwind. Hopefully I'll keep getting enough work to be able to afford the rest of what I need to finish, but I am happy for now.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

The weather was decent today, and the 155 is nearly broken in, so I went for a quick ride.
Attachment:
Serenity TS 2-28-11.jpg
Serenity TS 2-28-11.jpg [ 673.24 KiB | Viewed 9026 times ]

Top speed, going up a 2% grade with a 17 MPH crosswind. :q:
Pay no attention to the fuel cost. It's from the last trip I made in my Durango.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:23 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
So your scoot is now blessed by the mark of the devil, sweet

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next