View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 RC test mule 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: RC test mule
BioMedHMC wrote:
I only remember Shawn saying that the rear didn't feel right (laterally) ... not that anything broke.
He eventually sold the monoshock (I think) ... it's all a moot point now, for him ... anyway.
Doesn't have the shock /// Doesn't have the scoot, either.
JohnnyFYX wrote:
My custom mono shock doesn't have any issues with the lateral support
however, the modified stock steel swing arm that I'm using doesn't seem to like the lateral stresses

it has cracked recently (requiring me to fab a new modified stock steel swing arm).

I plan to eventually make a custom shock mount using an aluminum swing arm
the PG Mono Shock swing arm doesn't work for my setup because my 8" stretch kit.

he told me the seat wouldn't close good and seamed like the rear frame shifted to the left i think was. this was becuase the 1st gen kit did not have a plate to act as a backing support for the shock mount located under the gas tank. so basically it only had two bolts to support it and the stock thin cross frame that's used as a base for the gas tank. basically adding a extra plate spread the load across the cross frame support and this stopped the twisting action.

mines is slammed and shock is stiff. would figure it's more stress on my condition? seat still closes normally and rear frame is straight. i ride that thing going 60 and hitting pot holes and bumps all the time.

HOEDAR ECU, GJMS, HOBAO, KOSO, PG,
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16410 <------ RC R&D

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:04 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
There it is ...
he did have some SMALL issue with the rear shifting to the left (forgot about the seat thing).

First.Gen stuff ... I wonder who he sold the monoshock to ??

I saw the shock mount ... nice !!
Race Concept wrote:
he told me the seat wouldn't close good and seamed like the rear frame shifted to the left.
this was because the 1st gen kit did not have a plate to act as a backing support for the shock mount located under the gas tank. so basically it only had two bolts to support it and the stock thin cross frame that's used as a base for the gas tank.

adding a extra plate spread the load across the cross frame support and this stopped the twisting action.

mine is slammed and shock is stiff. would figure it's more stress on my condition?
seat still closes normally and rear frame is straight.
i ride that thing going 60 and hitting pot holes and bumps all the time.

I hear that ... it's gotta be good to ride those roads !!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:16 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

BioMedHMC wrote:
There it is ...
he did have some SMALL issue with the rear shifting to the left (forgot about the seat thing).

First.Gen stuff ... I wonder who he sold the monoshock to ??

I saw the shock mount ... nice !!
Race Concept wrote:
he told me the seat wouldn't close good and seamed like the rear frame shifted to the left.
this was because the 1st gen kit did not have a plate to act as a backing support for the shock mount located under the gas tank. so basically it only had two bolts to support it and the stock thin cross frame that's used as a base for the gas tank.

adding a extra plate spread the load across the cross frame support and this stopped the twisting action.

mine is slammed and shock is stiff. would figure it's more stress on my condition?
seat still closes normally and rear frame is straight.
i ride that thing going 60 and hitting pot holes and bumps all the time.

I hear that ... it's gotta be good to ride those roads !!

i seen 3 kits. shawn, shane and another person in cali.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:28 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2003 Yamaha Zuma Dual Headlight Mod
That's a badass lookin' scoot.

TP Tophy BBK
Stock airbox-w/UNI filter pad and snorkel removed
Dellorto PHBN 17.5mm carb-90 main/30 pilot/50 starter jet A12 needle w/clip at middle notch (still tuning)
Polini Evo reeds
Motoforce derestricted intake
Stage6 Pro Replica
Malossi Multivar-33gr total weight
Malossi Delta clutch- red MHR springs and MHR weights
Stage6 WingCooler bell
Rear Pulley Assembly from an '08 Zuma
Malossi white contra

Dual Headlight Mod
C3 Mirrors
Stage6 CNC brake levers
JDM Fender With Clear Lenses
flush mount front turn signals

MORE COMING SOON!!

My Zuma

ChuckD420's 2003 Zuma

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:02 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
So I see a sneak peek of a ncy shaved faced variator face
gave up on the tst? or testing that one out?

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

i wanted a cleaner look since the cvt will be more exposed. might as well test it and compare. no performance gain imo, if it did wasn't that noticeable. unfortunately i can't go back to tst drive face. gave it away to a customer that damaged his during installation. PG is coming out with one so i will test that.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:23 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChuckD420 wrote:
That's a badass lookin' scoot.

thanks! be nicer if can go out and ride, damn weather :piss:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:27 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: Zuma 125 (162cc BBK) TMAX 530
So after messing with the PGO gauge for a bit, I found a way to pull the oil temperature off the motor. You will need two things, the Stage 6 Oil temp sensor plug and the extension wire show in the video. (Uploading)

I don't know if you can just get the wire... you might have to call stag6 directly for that.

http://www.drowsports.com/product/504/E ... r_M12x1_5P

Attachment:
DSC00289.JPG
DSC00289.JPG [ 3.28 MiB | Viewed 2445 times ]

Attachment:
Oil temp sensor plug.jpg
Oil temp sensor plug.jpg [ 31.8 KiB | Viewed 2445 times ]

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Zuma 125- (1) Yoshimura TRC Exhaust (2) Two Brothers Racing "Juce Box" Fuel Controller
Dynamo wrote:
So after messing with the PGO gauge for a bit, I found a way to pull the oil temperature off the motor.

Now that would be useful! :waycool:

OBTW, are you ever going to update this thread, Chris? :munch:

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:51 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

sorry for the lack of updates. lots has happened and many upgrades. i will slowly go through the items i did try and give some insight.

here is a comparison on the oil drain heat sink. it's a neet little widget that actually works. it's made from billet aluminum cut on a 5 axis 3D cnc machine.

difference is quite dramatic at that spot. does it have a effect on the total system i can't say. every little thing helps so it is what it is.

this test was done on the same day, rode on the same path/distance. pull over and take measurements asap while it's idling. i even re-used the same motor oil to try and keep it fair.

Attachments:
File comment: stock drain bolt
IMG_0282.jpg
IMG_0282.jpg [ 2.13 MiB | Viewed 2277 times ]
File comment: middle of heatsink
IMG_0298.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg [ 2.12 MiB | Viewed 2277 times ]
File comment: where the engine block touch the heat sink
IMG_0299.jpg
IMG_0299.jpg [ 1.86 MiB | Viewed 2277 times ]

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

can you post a pic of this oil drain heat sink

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

:cheers:

Attachments:
SANY0130.JPG
SANY0130.JPG [ 350.43 KiB | Viewed 2269 times ]
SANY0129.JPG
SANY0129.JPG [ 431.29 KiB | Viewed 2269 times ]

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:19 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

oh thats the oil screen bolt
that already comes with some sort of heatsink fins

I thought it was the drain bolt

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

me and my freinds shops always use that to drain the oil so im use to calling it the oil drain bolt.

not everyone uses that to drain oil and actually use the real oil drain bolt on the side.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Zuma 125- (1) Yoshimura TRC Exhaust (2) Two Brothers Racing "Juce Box" Fuel Controller
Race Concept wrote:
sorry for the lack of updates. lots has happened and many upgrades. i will slowly go through the items i did try and give some insight.

Been following your progress on FB. Looking forward to seeing all your upgrades here. This is the thread that convinced me to do my BBK! :mmmhmm:

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next