View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 New battery! Ballistic Battery 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Post Re: New battery! Ballistic Battery
ka0bit0 wrote:
:D I've been running a ballistic on my ruck for the past year. So far not one hiccup. I highly recommend them.

Yes ... they di work well ... higher cranking power, smaller physical package, light weight ... all true.
The recharging circuit on the ruck does what it is supposed to do.

The problem comes LATER

You are going to need the CHARGER that is proprietary, specifically for that ballistic battery.
Neither the recharge circuitry on the scoot -nor- the normal battery recharger (like a Battery Tender) is going to recharge a Li-Ion charger PROPERLY--COMPLETELY.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:11 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
scroll down this site to lighting and electrical
http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/klx250s.html

look for the lithium battery and charger
the charger looks like the cheap ones I have to balance a single battery pack
even has the little balancer connector

not sure if the ballistic battery has that plug on it, but this one does
which means I could use my good computer charger to balance it and not have to spend the extra $80

not that im thinking about these batteries just saw it on that website

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 2005 Zuma
That charger looks like it would work for the ballistic battery. I haven’t checked mine in a while but the connector on the battery looks like it would accept the permanent cable attachment.

Leo ZX -- Stage 6 Sport Pro Vario -- S6 MKII Clutch & CNC Bell -- 15/50 gears
STR8 Oversize Fan -- Dual Headlight / Slim Tail Light -- Flush Front Signals
Sidestand -- SL26's 130/90/10 Front & Rear

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:25 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 2012 yamaha zuma dual headlight mod. cone air filter removed rear fender luggae rack michlen tires BLUE UNDERGLOWS
ive yet to have a problem with stock battery been a year no problems other then when i leave it on and drain it my own fault i just jump start it and ride on no troubles

Plasma GT-X)
removed rear fender and luggage rack
usb charger
michlen tires
signed by trial bikers SMAGE BROTHERS
44 top speed gps
illegal blue under glows
e3 spark plug
air snorkle and screen removed (not doner what ever tht means modders are idiots need to leave my stuff alone )
dukes of hazzard horn mod
pwns newbs daily

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:28 am
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 - NCY 260mm Big Brake Kit ::: 2012 Zuma 50F - Polini variator, Stage6 clutch & bell
LI-ION Charger News!

Just an update for evey body - some infromation I gained working as the Sales then General Manager of a motorcycle parts/accessoires/gear/service shop for the past 5 years...Western Powersports (WPS) Firepower Lithium-Ion batteries have integrated charging chips, so in theory, you can use a standard charger on them. At least this is what our rep advertised. I have one of the WPS batteries in my Suzuki DR350 and it works very well - however, I purchased the Optimate LFP Lithium (ridiculous expensive at like ~$150) charger before I knew that I could use a standard one.

Additionally, Optimate now offers the Optimate 1 DUO that can do all of your standard, AGM, and Lithium batteries. These retail for $36.99 if I recall correctly.

Now for less that $40 - there is no excuse not to jump over to Lithium.

(On a side note, I installed a Ballistic in my 2008 Honda CBR1000RR several years ago, and not knowing the difference, I would always use my Ctek 4.3 charger on it. I never once had an issue with damaging cells, the bike not starting, or any other electronic/voltage issues. It worked like a dream and it wasnt until a year after I sold the bike that I realized that A) the bike couldn't fully charge that battery and 2) I was supposed to use a special charger. Regardless of where facts lay on the topic, the bike always started, and when plugging the battery into a standard charger for extended periods of time over winter - I never had an issue.

Thats all I had.

Optimate 1 DUO - ~$36.99 - Std, AGM, & Li-Ion

2009 Zuma 125 (plated as 50) 2012 Zuma 50F
- NCY 260mm Big Brake Kit - Polini Variator
- Michelin Power Pure SC - Stage6 Clutch, Poorly tuned lol
- Dual LED headlight mod - Dual LED headlight mod
- KOSO Afterburner Taillight - Maxxis M6024 knobbies

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3