View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Enviromoto Downhill bars installed 
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: JDM Head Light conversion with HID
Post Enviromoto Downhill bars installed
So the past few weeks i have been wanting to change over to a shorter and lower bar. I decided to test out the downhill bars Enviromoto had.... I'd like to thank the owner of Enviromoto, standup dude!

My package arrived with the Downhill Bars and the magnetic drain bolts

Comparison mock up

Disassemble Time

Taking out the stub / peg in the throttle control and left hand controls

Handlebars installed

Stock Blinker Bracket FAIL

Last thing i need to do is make new blinker mounts/brackets and shorter screws to replace the stock screws that hold the hand controls together.

Well that's it for now i'll be updating in a few running to home desperate to see if the have short machine screws...

How-To: Tweaker Blinkers or Led Conversion Signals -- viewtopic.php?f=57&t=20785
How-To: Painting your plastic panels -- viewtopic.php?f=57&t=20367
Enviromoto Downhill Bar Install / Review -- viewtopic.php?f=54&t=20737

Last edited by dem0nk1d on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:21 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Post Re: Enviromoto Downhill bars installed
why didnt you just drill the holes for the controls ?
keeps them from twisting

the grips were they cheap?
you can get those on e bay all day for like $15 or less shipped
I had those on my 50c zuma

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

time to replace those front reflectors with some led flush mount blinkers

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

Grips like 8 bucks shipped or something super low in cost. I actually like them very stiff, and ridged. The hole that should have been drilled into the bar... Baaahumbug. It works, they haven't slipped yet. Also just found some spacers for the stock screws at Home Depot.

How-To: Tweaker Blinkers or Led Conversion Signals -- viewtopic.php?f=57&t=20785

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:55 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

you dont ride hard enough yet, they could loosen up

To me those grips felt great with no gloves and were hard to get on
they are a knockoff of some expensive brand I see at the motorcycle shops

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

What flush mount blinkers do you think would look good? I'm thinking going with the bmw sidemarkers, which i think one of the members is running.

Or maybe these which would fill up the side marker reflector holes in the front of the scooter.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/ ... ignal.aspx

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:04 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

ZUMIKE wrote:

The handlebar grip went on with a good fight, lubed it all down with hair spray.

The throttle grip was harder than the hubs of hell to get on. Oh damn was that a puppy. I had to mod the ends of the stock throttle plastic piece, as it's all raised up and not totally smooth on the end. Then it got exciting, i had to place the plastic throttle thing on the ground, drench it with hair spary, and use all my might and weight to get that damn thing to get on their... What a pain in the butt that was...

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:09 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164

If you had asked ...
I would have told you NOT to do that ... I agree with ZuMike

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:12 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

dem0nk1d wrote:
ZUMIKE wrote:

The handlebar grip went on with a good fight, lubed it all down with hair spray.

The throttle grip was harder than the hubs of hell to get on. Oh damn was that a puppy. I had to mod the ends of the stock throttle plastic piece, as it's all raised up and not totally smooth on the end. Then it got exciting, i had to place the plastic throttle thing on the ground, drench it with hair spary, and use all my might and weight to get that damn thing to get on their... What a pain in the butt that was...

I remember they are air tight I think
so no air could burp out when sliding them on
I think on mine I tried windex but I cant remember
they were not fun which is why I never went back to that style
but are nice on the hands

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Maybe if you had drilled a hole in the ends for the tassles ...
they would have slipped right on !!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:28 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont use tassels, I wear scarves
more classier

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

ZUMIKE wrote:
I dont use tassles

Attachment:
Paulette's Scoot ( HandGrip ).jpg
Paulette's Scoot ( HandGrip ).jpg [ 15.56 KiB | Viewed 5622 times ]

Tassles are cool !! And the grips would have SLIPPED RIGHT ON.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:45 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: Zuma 125
If you had asked ...
I would have told you NOT to do that ... I agree with ZuMike[/quote]

I've cut mine 3 different bars ago and didn't have a problem. Also let's you adjust your bars little forward or back.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Kaakoo wrote:
Quote:
If you had asked ...
I would have told you NOT to do that ... I agree with ZuMike

I've cut mine 3 different bars ago and didn't have a problem. Also let's you adjust your bars little forward or back.

+1

No problems with mine either and I've ridden on all types of roads - paved, patched and dirt.

Bars lookin good mang!

:cheers:

Tge4 wrote:
You guys have officially passed the point of my understanding of this issue/topic.... :patriot:

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:31 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 155
I just use spray paint, works great for sliding the grips on over the bars. Everyone has some sort of spray paint in their garage so it's easy to obtain mid project and when it dries it sticks. If and when you need to remove…. it’s a lot less mess than grip glue or something over kill that you have to destroy the grip to get it back off. :eng101:

Yoshimura TRC Carbon Fiber Exhaust,KOSO LED Tail Light,NYC Lightweight Fan,GJMS Speedo Cable Holder,Simota Hi-Flow Filter,NCY Direct Ignition,Magazi Led Signal Mirrors,Embedded LED Rear Signals,GJMS Fan Cover,GJMS Oil Cap,GJMS Rear Stabilizer Bar,GJMS GP-5RT,GJMS Forks,Frando HF2 Radial Caliper w/GJMS Mount,GJMS 260mm Rotor,Swageline SS Braided Line,GJMS Axle Pulleys,GJMS Ti-Coated Front Axle,Accel Bar,Accel Steering Stem,NYC Grips,NYC Throttle Control,GJMS Lever Set,RX1N/PGO Digital Guage,12t Majest Gears,CF Swing Arm,RC 155cc Kit w/2nd gen SRP Injector,High Lift Cam,Aluminium Nikasil Cylinder,Lighter Cam Gear,3D Billet Heat Sinks,3D Cam Breather,BMW e46 HID Projector,Prototype LED Front Signals,CF Parts,TST Varaitor 11g/12g Weights,Ariete Bridgeport Angled Valve Stems,Pirelli Diablo Tires,FRC Torque Drive,PG HD Clutch Bell,HD Clutch,1k Torque Spring,NCY Torque Spring Bearing,KS CNC Floor Board Plugs,Daytona +2mm Kevlar Belt

Mango Tango Build Thread: http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19102

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next