View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 LED headlights 
Newb
Newb

Post Re: LED headlights
Did the headlight mod and used the 35/35 bulbs.
Check the Comagination.com site and you will find the correct spade connectors for the H4 bulbs.
The tabs on the H4 bulbs are an odd size but the spades that Comagination sell are made specifically for the H4 tabs.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:00 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: Zuma 125 (162cc BBK) TMAX 530
We bit Spamish... post up your own picts. The post asks more questions than it answers.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
73stallion wrote:
Did the dual headlight conversion using 35w bulbs today. Real happy with it. Only pain was I didn't have female spade connectors as wide as the plug on the bulbs, so had to modify some. Other than that they should still be bright enough for the little night riding I'll do. I used blue tinted bulbs too which I've always liked.

ive used, and use the blue tint bulbs too
but what I found at 35watt they dont project out as far
so using the 60watt blue tint will throw out the light as far as 35watt clear

but of course on the zuma that will just drain the battery
One of my bikes has only 1 bulb that came 35watt high and low clear bulb
so I put in the blue tint 55-60 throws out enough light, nice white color and wont drain the battery

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: 2011 Zuma, LV exhaust, Simota filter, high flow fan
Just fired it up in the dark, even with street ligths partially drowning them out they're plenty bright enough. I've had the blue bulbs before, biigest thing about then that sucks is can't see the stripes on the road when it's wet outside. No problem since this thing will never see the rain.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:00 pm
Scoot Master

scooters and mods: 2012 Zuma 125. Dual headlight mod, rear trunk w/ LED brake light mod, Corbin saddle, C3 mirrors.
Blue bulbs are complete junk, plain and simple. They filter out the most useful spectrum of light from the bulbs and accentuate the spectrum that the human eye has the most trouble with. I get the concept of wanting what appears to be white light, but the blue shifted halogen bulbs are simply reducing the overall output of useful visible light on the road for you, while simultaneously increasing glare for everyone else. Truly a lose/lose situation if there ever was one. Here are a couple links with more info than I care to type out right now, from one of the most respected lighting consultants in the automotive world:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... d/bad.html

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... /good.html

Good quality non-filtered bulbs from recognized manufacturers is the best way to go for your safety and the safety of others on the road. Even if you never plan to ride at night or in the rain/fog, these things have a way of happening if you ride your scooter on a regular basis.

2012 Zuma 125. Race Concept Smart Man's 155cc BBK, Race Cam, TST Variator, Dr. Pulley Sliders 11gL/13gS, PG Black Exhaust, PG Clutch Bell, 12/40 Gears, NCY Direct Ignition, 1,000RPM Contra Spring, Dual Headlight mod w/ 45W H4's, BWS 125 LED Tail Light, Rear Trunk w/ LED Brake & Turn Signals, LED rear turn signals, Bar end mirrors, Chopped Tail, Duck Bill Rear Fender, Bag Hook, Fairing Basket, 12V socket, Fiamm Blaster Horn.

HID conversions are HIDeous!

https://sites.google.com/site/vanagonheadlightrelays/

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Well, I would have to agree with that vw bus guy, I do like the idea of having both headlights lit during the day for conspicuity purposes.

If anyone has actually done that modification using the stock headlights but perhaps changing out the bulbs so that the light coming out of each headlight is the same, I sure would like to hear about it.

Larry

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:08 pm
Newb
Newb

just convert the halogens to LED? (or HID if you prefer) that's what i did.. quick, easy and effective. cnt ever go back to halogens now

if i remember correctly i got this set of H4 led bulbs about two years ago https://www.xenonpro.com/h4-9003-hb2-du ... lights-kit (125; 2012) there's also a bunch of these on amazon or ebay

Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2