View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Knock off Clone Koso Afterburners ??? 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Post Re: Knock off Clone Koso Afterburners ???
very first post has the link to ebay
like $40 I think

pyrogen wrote:
Awesome!

-How much were they?
-Where'd you buy them from?
-How do you feel about the quality so far?

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

I got them from the link above in this thread, 46 or 48 from china. so far I like the quality, seems good. Here is todays finished project pic.

Wife's Zuma - the koso are on there I promise.

thats a mint green vinyl wrap in 3x5 sheet from amazon cut up appropriately. this is a 1 person project if you have lot of time, i recommend 2 and a head gun. those bends are kinda tricky. the bike was yellow.

also added corbin seat in indian brown all over. removed headlight crash bar. so far looks good.

Attachments:
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG [ 174.27 KiB | Viewed 3195 times ]
photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG [ 165.92 KiB | Viewed 3195 times ]
photo 2 (1).JPG
photo 2 (1).JPG [ 165.43 KiB | Viewed 3195 times ]
Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:47 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: 2014 Zuma 125
^^^

I like it! It has a retro vibe.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:08 pm
Newb
Newb

ok Guys huge QA QC update.
if you buy this be prepared to update the wiring.

if you get this don't be dumb like me and somehow get the J hook for the light bulb not inserted incorrectly. by doing this the light will appear to work and then after a few miles, no brake light.

there is an upper / lower j hook in the receptacle and adapter, just look, you'll see.

DO THIS:
1. hook up the light, be very careful to make sure the j slot for the bulb is correctly aligned. upper / lower
2. test brake light, if license plate light is activated with the brake handle switch the red and yellow wires like so attached photo.

use whatever connectors you like. use good ones if you don't want to get run over by some teenage girl.

summary - probably real Koso? maybe rejected by QA because the yellow and red wires didn't illuminate the right light.....????

Attachments:
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 411.91 KiB | Viewed 3182 times ]
Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:26 pm
Newb
Newb

Rosscofat wrote:
Do the turn signals work

turn signals work perfectly

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:29 pm
Scooter Addict

I am confused about what part could fail. J hook is what as a technical term?

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:49 pm
Newb
Newb

on the bulb or bulb adaptor for the koso lights there are 2 bumps that fit into a j-slot of the bulb socket, just like the bulb you removed. one bump is offset higher than the other. make sure you get them inserted correctly. you can get them inserted incorrectly and the tail light appear to work.

there is nothing wrong with the bulb adaptor for the koso lights except for that it will likely be wired backwards.

. do check your wiring and make sure the brake and license plate lights work correctly by functioning the brake lever. (if you have the bulb j hook halfway inserted and incorrectly where the lower bump engages the upper hook the lights will appear to work.

if the license plate light illuminates when you have the bulb adaptor in correctly you will have to do what i did, switch the yellow and red wires to make the brake lights work correctly.

you will see what i mean about the bumps on the bulb when you take yours apart.

Attachments:
IMG_5758.JPG
IMG_5758.JPG [ 365.21 KiB | Viewed 3165 times ]
Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:27 am
Scooterologist

Mine just came in USPS today

Pics as requested
(Edit-seems i missed the previous posts with pics already up)

Seems a stout unit, i'm hoping i'll get to install it tonight and report back (as well as comparison shots hopefully with both lights illuminated to show how much brighter in the same shot)

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:45 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont think the real one showed any circuit board in that center hole
I think it had a gray plug
or some way to secure the stock wiring over that hole
then twist on the new connector

but its been a long time

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
Scooter Addict

Let us know. Thanks

Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:22 am
Scooterologist

The stock bulb socket mounts back in that hole so it's not left open

And as posted, the wires were reversed (Had to swap yellow/red) to get functional brake light (It was lighting up the LEDs on bottom for the tag light when brakes were applied)

Looks amazing vs the stock lights, rode in today so we'll see how it looks in the day light

but even at night, hthe integrated turn signals are VERY dim

Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:55 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

your white leds should be on the entire time the bike is on

were they going on and off before

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

Correct. I double checked i was connecting the J-socket correctly (High to low pins) and i am 100% certain it's plugged in correct.

When plugging in the factory socket into the adapter plug on the lights, the brake light was on constantly and the white lights were activated with the brake lever

Spliced those and rewired the red/yellow wires together and now the white is on constant and brake lights are activated via the brake lever

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:32 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

and you have running lights too that are dimmer red
thats whats connected to the license plate light

and then the brake light is the other pin on the socket

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

yup.

Turn key and tag lights and running lights come on. Pull brake lever and brake lights (Brighter red) light

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next