View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 strange sound when cold -Now hot 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Post Re: strange sound when cold -Now hot
pretty sure service manual says 10w30
but look that up, because if they put in 50 then im not sure what you could do
do you have proof in writing 50 was used

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Yes i have a receipt that it proves that castrol power 1 gps 15w50 was used, manual states 10w40.

Just to mention that the sound was there couples thousand kms ago but it became louder lately.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:16 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

well maybe you can get a free valve inspection then if you complain the oil they used isnt what is recommended

once my license plate was causing the weird rattling noise shove a rag under it see if it stops making the noise

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Made another run today and what i found is while im at half or so throttle it sounds fine when i throttle it up it increases accordingly. idles sounds fine.

in the beginning of the video im below half and i give it some gas

Also i blocked my left and right ear and the sound is definatly louder from the exhaust side.

Upd1
Took it to the dealer today after a short test ride he found out that the clutch Bell or the clutch pads are worn and start sliping when they get hot
they ill be checked in the upcoming service.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:48 am
Scooterologist

mitsakhs wrote:
Yes i have a receipt that it proves that castrol power 1 gps 15w50 was used, manual states 10w40.

Just to mention that the sound was there couples thousand kms ago but it became louder lately.

I would be pissed if this was my bike and they put the wrong oil in it!

Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:34 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

mitsakhs wrote:
Made another run today and what i found is while im at half or so throttle it sounds fine when i throttle it up it increases accordingly. idles sounds fine.

in the beginning of the video im below half and i give it some gas

Also i blocked my left and right ear and the sound is definatly louder from the exhaust side.

Upd1
Took it to the dealer today after a short test ride he found out that the clutch Bell or the clutch pads are worn and start sliping when they get hot
they ill be checked in the upcoming service.

how many miles on that clutch
I had over 5000 on my stock one and it was still in spec for the thickness

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:32 am
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Been some time that i had my scoot in the garage and yesterday i did the service . The sound was coming from the slider things 2 out of 3 was loose so that was fixed but strange things is in my destiny .

I cleaned the vario and placed back the dps in the right way(double checked) and also removed the clutch and pass it with some sandpaper i placed everything back in place

and taran now revs like maniac after 80 kph and hits limiter at 100 kph = 62 mph instead of 119 km h = 73 mph same downhill :awesome: :doh:

Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:08 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

whats your rpm when you hit the limiter
ive never hit a limiter yet even around 9500rpm

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

I wish i knew but in eu we have the retro style speedo however definitely it feels like a rev limiter cutting the spark and its a 2013 model
Dont know from where to start

what i did :

changed oil with the same one

changed spak plug with iridium one

changed air filter

cvt maintenance

general check brakes,battery etc

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:46 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

well too light of rollers or sliders will cause the rpm's to be too high
thats where you want to invest in a tach there are cheap battery powered ones that install super easy and fast

to see where your rpm's are when trying different weights
that way your not guessing on what your doing because sometimes a 1 gram difference will show up on a tach not on the speedo

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

Location: Scott Valley in Majestic Siskiyou County Ca - Mountains for miles!
scooters and mods: 2013 Blue Zuma 125 - Dual Headlight Mod, 45/45 eiko H4's, c3 mirrors, Nelson-Rigg Sport Touring Saddle Bags
ZUMIKE wrote:
well too light of rollers or sliders will cause the rpm's to be too high
thats where you want to invest in a tach there are cheap battery powered ones that install super easy and fast

to see where your rpm's are when trying different weights
that way your not guessing on what your doing because sometimes a 1 gram difference will show up on a tach not on the speedo

You know were to get battery powerd tach Mike?
Thanks Man
AjR

Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:46 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

ebay has all sorts

but a decent one I like is by trail tech

http://www.compacc.com/p/trailtech-tto-hour-meter?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp6199718&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0tCuBRDIjJ_Mlb6zzpQBEiQAyjCoBiH-2qtXT_gEpi9_CPMEuQYXRDwvlxAkDob_BVMo-4MaAh0D8P8HAQ

they wont be super fast, but good enough

if you want very fast readings you will need an analog tach
the cheap digital ones seem to have a slight lag

but its quick and easy to use for temporary or permanent installs

just wrap the wire coming off of it around your spark plug wire a few times
and thats it

I usually use the tach to measure top speed rpm's and idle
when riding a cvt bike you really dont need to use it for anything else since you dont have to shift

incase you dont get much results using your speedo a tach can show slight changes with the rpm levels which I found helps me alot

usually you will want to stay around 8400 rpm or higher when driving hard
this is from a dead stop up to around 30 mph or so

it will slowly climb from there once you pick up more speed
they seem to make the most power around 8400 rpm so if you can get to that right away it should perform the best

max speed rpm im around 9500
freeway speed im around 9000

of course yours will vary depending on your setup
im sure im right at hitting a rev limiter, but never have yet which is fine
because if I did hit the limiter then I wouldn't be going any faster anyways

so im not really going to crazy with the rpm levels when making the most power

of course if I accelerate slow and cruise around then the levels will vary

but when testing the roller weights I drive it hard
and write down the speeds and rpm's at the same areas each time I pull over and write the info down
I have a few test spots here I can do near home, up hills, down hills, flat ground so makes it quick to get the results

so then when I get back home I have a large list of the different changes the weights provide and pick the best setup for what im trying to achieve
which around here is the most speed up hills

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Yellow Zuma 125, RC Scooters 168cc Stroker BBK
ZUMIKE wrote:
Lamb K 55 wrote:
confirmed: ticks with valve here. mine was to tight and it would tick like crazy. but it was constant. not saying that sound couldnt be that issue though. high rev... could produce a tick. but I am wondering if its a baring of some sort. its tuff to tell from listening to a bike on a computer.

ive had a few bikes that ive put manual cam chain tensioners on because of the ticking
its caused from tensioners that tighten too much and over time can cause major problems
manual you can set how tight it presses against the chain get rid of any ticking noises
my most recent bike bought brand new had the ticking around 4500 miles
just put on the manual tensioner at 6000 miles and its back to silent again
you would only hear it around 3000rpm in 3rd gear but I knew what was causing it

of course ive never seen any made for the zuma yet, but a new tensioner and gasket is cheap and easy to replace just 2 bolts
If you have lets say 10,000 miles then I would change it out
just to be safe

KOSO Japan (KN Planning) sells a manual cam chain tensioner. You can purchase them here:
https://japan.webike.net/products/23362986.html

How-To: Fix All LED TurnSignal Flashing & NonFlashing Issues
How-To: BWS Asian HID Projector Headlight Retrofit
Taida King Cam (New In Box) For Sale: $90 Shipped
KillerScooter/BTX Foot Pegs/Bar (Scuff Marks & Slightly Bent Mounting Tabs, it Still Works Great!) For Sale: $50 Shipped
PM me for Pics...

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:12 pm
Newb
Newb

Post CHARMDATE
difference moreover verbiage

another contending basic principle, resulting from linguist Noam Chomsky as well as,while evolutionary biologist Stephen the author Gould, is that often speech became more advanced by using additional transformative methods, in effect phone a consequence related with evolution without having it be a particular version. the thought that expressions must have been a spandrel, a phrase originated from Gould, travelled facing natural wide range. numerous, Gould and therefore Chomsky position the idea that a great many human symptoms have proven to be sprels. all these quite a few spandrels came into being because of a process Darwin labeled as "before difference, which is now known as exaptation. This is the notion that a species applies an difference for a motive over what it was meant for. an example is the theory which often pet bird feathers used to be a helpful adapting to it intended for staying the soothing, and as well happen to be only soon after employed for zooming. Chomsky and as well Gould hypothesize any verbiage sometimes have developed over time simply because the physical component of the mind, Or only because intellectual constructs this were used for areas like product putting together or tip mastering were sometimes therapeutic for extremely tough connecting. this slips using the theory the fact the way our minds in order to become significantly, our personal intellectual functionings amplified.

of course, experts can't ever agree with what what people mean about vocabulary among ancient man. one find the proto expressions regarding Homo halibis the first real. other buyers think it may possibly be lined a lot Homo erectus, alot of recognize what we be able to see to be up-to-date terminology originated from Homo sapiens. any of us do are aware that Homo habilis strengthens carrying tools in your life, related to 2.3 million a long time ago. it's headed a little to believe that the intellectual attribute ture of Homo halibis was first much more advanced instead of his predecessor, Australopithecus. to be able to research, the main temporary, Parietal and as well,as well as the occipital lobes of mental performance received not to mention paper attached at last alongside Homo halibis. that can area of the brain is known now of Wernicke's area, and possesses a lot related vocabulary construction. all of this advocates for Chomsky furthermore Gold's idea that our minds physically used to cover the cost of accessories, and consequently vocabulary at that point came into being due to this fact variation.

for those and experience both ideologies found pretty close disputes, you will find nice thing: they may not be mutually extraordinary. while scientific research next shows you our service it's mostly possible on that point before now got neural systems in its place that given terms regarding advance, significance it actually was perhaps exapted, That doesn't invariably express communication in full, wonderful its complexnesses. Stringing everyday language in unison to phrases and the idea with regards to syntax in tongue would like a lot regarding natural range. possibly verbal was being actually exapted, except was previously revamped like a Darwinian gallery. certainly a Homo sapien with heightened updates methods may any recordings evolutionary advantage over his or her CharmDate single expression grunting in-law. truthfully more and more subtle Homo sapien most likely would not even find a way to speak an individual's first phrase in case if thought process had not CharmDate refined allow him to to primitive make a claw.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 am
Newb
Newb

Post QPID NETwork
child said to 8 Ivy category high schools

Kwasi Enin utters that whenever he started to open the actual contentment notes, He had not been thinking about it he previously get involved for all eight academic institutions. "I has not been thoughts full QPID network do away with, he admits that. "i had trying hard along with the list, and i also was for instance like, 'There's no way. person wants to say not on your life. that merely doesn't necessarily get place.or,--"

that he gotten where last cover and located out he had actually been permitted into many of the Ivy category schools, Enin predicts he still "kind of but sitting way back, went on it with regard to a second and simply became aware of get small dream of going in one individuals grew qpid NEtwork any eight,

The 17 year old some older have scored 2250 apart 2400 your SATs. which he seemed to be a talked about for a group of extra curricular sporting activities through second reclining chair viola and with in college musicals.

Kwasi Enin have scored 2250 not in 2400 the actual other SATs and was also a talked about for a group of extra curricular things to do.

he says a key struggle now could be making a choice what one faculty to go to. "i reckon i am going to visit every one one more time, let them do it tell my eyes, he tells. "select the one I find that I'd like to have to options name.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2