View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 4:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Another Big Bore Question 
Newb
Newb

Post Another Big Bore Question
I have a 2009 Zuma 125, I have been throwing around the idea of getting a BBK that would give me alittle bit more power on the top end and was thinking of installing a BBK. Can anyone suggest or provide a link to a reliable BBK that's om stock? They all seem to be out of stock online and am looking for a complete, easy, bolt-on kit. I also don't want to have any issues, so whatever I can easily bump up to, 155, 164 without having to change other major parts. I plan on keeping stock exhaust and would like to keep everything else stock. It just seems that I should be able to bump up to at least a 150 range fairly easily and have done many searches online, but can't seem to find anything actually in stock and not sure which kit would be a quality kit. Any help is greatly appreciated to a question that I am sure has been asked numerous times. Thank you for your patience, this isn't my primary scoot, juts something I take my son on, so would like something reliable with not too much effort on my mechanic to tune.

Was thinking about this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231659340684?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:16 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Another Big Bore Question
either drow sports

or race concept

I wouldn't get any off eBay unless it from them

expect to pay $300-$500 depending on who you get it from

race concepts will be cheaper as he is in taiwan

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

i want more or less the same thing, bbk, cam, some type of fueling mod and transmission parts with an overdrive variator.
i'd like to see 50 to 70+ performance for passing or getting out of trouble as well as hard launches,
i'd like to see the scoot pick up the front wheel or at least try.

i'm looking for something along the lines of a stage kit. but i didnt find anything like that on race concepts website (rcscooters) i did send him an email.
i looked at drow too, and they had a lot of heres and theres, but nothing really complete and most of their stuff was out of stock..
ive sent a few emails out, and got one back from zumasrus they quoted a really nice little kit, i will certainly do that, but i would like to first explore the different options.

like Jeeper5, i would like to keep my stock exhaust.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:37 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Chris has a 155bbk kit but you sound like you want the 218bbk.

here is the 155 kit you couldn't find.

https://www.rcscooters.com/_p/prd2/1467 ... g-bore-kit
comes with injector and piston. high lift injector. light weight cam gear. $318

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:26 am
Newb
Newb

I have the RC 155 BBK (with cam), TST Variator, and PG Clutch Bell, all from RCScooters.com. I still have stock exhaust. I weigh 205 and it will lift the front wheel off the ground on full throttle.

It has been reliable for the most part, although sometimes it is difficult to start. This could be attributed to an aging battery or the dual headlight mod that isn't allowing the battery to fully charge.

The other thing I've noticed is that it runs rich because I smell gas after riding. I wonder if I had a better exhaust if this wouldn't clear up that issue. It doesn't seem to affect performance.

Otherwise, I did the upgrade earlier this summer and it still puts a big smile on my face. It is such a blast to ride with the extra power!

It will do 65 on GPS, but according to Chris, if you run WOT for too long at that speed, you will end up breaking belts.

With all the mods I did you are looking at around $450 or so.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:18 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The hoedar ecu can fix all those problems. but its $450 :) but it will help you clear up the fuel more efficiently and the starting issue.

I know a dude on Facebook who actually ramped up his 125cc off the Hoedar ecu system and it made the bike run more efficient over the stock computer presets.

I am sure you probably know all this tough.

out, lambo

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:52 am
Newb
Newb

Lamb K 55 wrote:
Chris has a 155bbk kit but you sound like you want the 218bbk.

here is the 155 kit you couldn't find.

https://www.rcscooters.com/_p/prd2/1467 ... g-bore-kit
comes with injector and piston. high lift injector. light weight cam gear. $318

wow i just saw this.. i guess the forum doesnt send email when you get a respones.. oops!.
i did see the RCScooters kit, but i wasnt sure what i was looking for at the time, and i wanted to get the whole shootin match bbk, cam, and trans kit.. in speaking to several different people, i learned that the stock head pipe is so restrictive it can cause heat build up, so i added the ncy exhaust.

i did talk to chris, and i bought his injector to use with the kit i bought NCY bbk,cam,super trans and pipe.
i'm having a bit of trouble with the injector, its giving me way too much fuel, i imagine i'll hear back from Chris on this issue when the sun comes up in HI, we've been emailing back and fourth, ya'll are right, he is the man.
thanks for responding to my post, i'm sorry i failed to read it.. :)

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:04 am
Newb
Newb

chuddybangbang wrote:

The other thing I've noticed is that it runs rich because I smell gas after riding. I wonder if I had a better exhaust if this wouldn't clear up that issue. It doesn't seem to affect performance.

I have pretty much the same set up as you, but I also have the NCY exhaust, which I quite like. I still smell gas after riding, and also have occasional starting problems.

CHASSIS: Dual headlight Mod plus modulator. KOSO Afterburner taillight plus modulator. Screaming Banshee (louder) horn. GPS. Rear rack. Seat Mod. Smoked turn signal covers. Michelin City Grip tires. Folding mirrors. 260mm front brake rotor. GJMS rear shocks.
ENGINE: Simoto intake filter. Lightweight fan. NCY Exhaust. Taida finned valve & cam covers. 155 BBK (with bigger cam and injector)
TRANSMISSION: TST Variator (9 & 10 gram weights). KOSO lightweight Clutch Bell. NCY contra spring bearing. 1000 RPM contra spring. KOSO CVT cover.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

injector is mainly for my 155R bbk and those uses forged piston with a nikasil cylinder. comes with a higher lift and more duration camshaft, it can use more fuel to make more power, that's why it made 12-13hp vs other kits only doing 10-11hp. while stock is 8hp. so it's possible the camshaft you guys have is on the smaller side so that's why it runs too rich. with my kits it normally runs 12.6 to 13.2 AFR, smelling gas can be 12 AFR and lower.

another thing to consider is engine temp. when it's cold the engine purposely runs super rich in the 10-11 AFR range to help with cold start and riding. basically like a choke on the engine is on. won't get out of warm up mode till the engine reaches 176f or 80c .

also a stock exhaust or aftermarket exhaust with small sized headers will choke the motor and this also makes it smell of gas and over heats the cylinder head.

HOEDAR ECU, GJMS, HOBAO, KOSO, PG,
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16410 <------ RC R&D

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]