View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Just Installed My 155 BBK 
Newb
Newb

Post Just Installed My 155 BBK
Just installed a 155 BBK from RC Scooters. I can't believe how much more power I have now! As they say, the only alternative to cubic inches is cubic money. I am very happy with this BBK. With help from Chris at RC, I have set up my scooter for more power at lower speeds (60 MPH max.) as I frequently have my wife on the back, and I really don't believe this small, lightweight, short wheelbase scooter is appropriate for higher speeds. It is used mostly for trips around the neighborhood and exploring when we are camping in our RV. I have a Harley Davidson for longer distances and higher speeds.

Some notes on the install...

There are several videos available that show you how to install the BBK. These videos are very good and very helpful. I would suggest watching several of them as they each show you the install in a different way. Generally, they say to remove the motor from the scooter and then show you how to install the BBK. The actual install of the BBK is pretty easy. However, I spent far more time getting the motor out of the scooter, and then getting the motor back into the scooter, than I did actually installing the BBK. If it weren't for someone on this forum mentioning that you have to remove the gas cap key-cover to get the seat off, I would still be trying to figure that out. Having the center-stand still on the bike makes the BBK install much easier. With the center-stand you can just sit the motor on your work bench and easily do the BBK install. After re-installing the motor, I spent a while trying to figure out where to plug in the last electrical plug. Could not find the matching female plug... Turns out it was the O2 sensor still attached to my exhaust, which I had not yet re-installed. :doh:

CHASSIS: Dual headlight Mod plus modulator. KOSO Afterburner taillight plus modulator. Louder horn. GPS. Rear rack. Seat Mod. Smoked turn signal covers. Michelin City Grip tires. Folding mirrors. 260mm front brake rotor. GJMS rear shocks.
ENGINE: Simoto intake filter. Lightweight fan. NCY Exhaust. Taida finned valve & cam covers. 155 BBK (with bigger cam and injector)
TRANSMISSION: TST Variator (9 & 10 gram weights). KOSO lightweight Clutch Bell. NCY contra spring bearing. 1000 RPM contra spring. KOSO CVT cover.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:35 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Just Installed My 155 BBK
I love my BBK. It's fast enough to get you in trouble.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:11 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Glad you are happy with the setup! Its fun to tinker with these bikes.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:40 am
Newb
Newb

chuddybangbang wrote:
I love my BBK. It's fast enough to get you in trouble.

Interesting you should say that...

When riding my stock 125, I would frequently think that if anything happened, I could just hop off of it and I would be fine. On my first ride with the 155, my first thought was that this thing is so much faster that I could really get in trouble with it. :q:

CHASSIS: Dual headlight Mod plus modulator. KOSO Afterburner taillight plus modulator. Louder horn. GPS. Rear rack. Seat Mod. Smoked turn signal covers. Michelin City Grip tires. Folding mirrors. 260mm front brake rotor. GJMS rear shocks.
ENGINE: Simoto intake filter. Lightweight fan. NCY Exhaust. Taida finned valve & cam covers. 155 BBK (with bigger cam and injector)
TRANSMISSION: TST Variator (9 & 10 gram weights). KOSO lightweight Clutch Bell. NCY contra spring bearing. 1000 RPM contra spring. KOSO CVT cover.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:44 pm
Newb
Newb

yeah i'm cheap. i just huff the gas smell. :D

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:24 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

thanks for the support and glad you enjoy the bbk.

stock does 8hp and my 155R puts out 12hp at the wheel. that's a big difference. front wheel now can actually come off the ground if you tug on the handle bar a little full throttle off the line.

with more power also causes more slip. if you ride two up or full throttle off the line, i suggest getting the PG clutch and bell combo. eliminate slip and get all the power to the rear wheel. if haven't upgraded the variator, get the TST in my rc cvt kit. changes the way it shifts so it's always in the power band for faster acceleration/speed. it's like putting the OD off in a automatic car. holds it at higher rpm longer for better performance.

remember to break her in good 700-1000 miles. then switch to synthetic motor oil like amsoil 10w-40 motorcycle oil or something with PAO base oil, Mobil 1 even.

HOEDAR ECU, GJMS, HOBAO, KOSO, PG,
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16410 <------ RC R&D

Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]