View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Goofy Foot Switchy - Silly Headlights! 
Newb
Newb

Post Goofy Foot Switchy - Silly Headlights!
Issue: With dual headlight mod wired up (wired myself) only one headlight works. With headlight switch on normal the left light (when facing scooter from front) fires up when started. When switching to high, the left light goes out and the right one turns on.

Headlights: HID 35W (Low beam only bulbs)

What I'm looking for is both headlights to run OnLy when the high beam is switched on. The crazy thing is that years ago I used the great ZumaForums to find out how to wire up the mod, and it worked exactly how I want them to run (dual on, when high switch is flipped). However; now the faithful Zuma now has the switchy situation!

Ol' Zuma has been parked for years after racking up ~9k miles to and from the cubicle circle of life (aka OFFICE SPACE!) My Hondas (CRX & Del Sol) are down for maintenance, and honestly I miss riding the dang thing! There must be a Zuma Wizard somewhere that can help me get the old setup working again. Thanks in advance for the help! I've searched and can't seem to find a solution *shrugs*

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:06 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: Goofy Foot Switchy - Silly Headlights!
It’s obvious you wired it wrong
You have 3 prongs on each bulb (ground high low)
You need to run a jumper wire from the low beam (left light) to the unused terminal on the right light use your multi meter to determine which one has power on the left light
Then repeat for the high beam running the jumper from the right side where you have power to the unpowered last ne on the left

Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:47 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Goofy Foot Switchy - Silly Headlights!
@jmkjr72

Yes, definitely a wiring issue. Probably doesn't help that the Xentec (cheap but dangit they work quite well) HID's many times come with the power/ground backwards. Thanks for the wiring tips. I'll give it a shot and report back! Keep Scootin :)

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]