View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 KOSO Front Fender for 2016+ Zuma 125 works on 2009-2015 Zuma 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Yellow Zuma 125, RC Scooters 168cc Stroker BBK
Post KOSO Front Fender for 2016+ Zuma 125 works on 2009-2015 Zuma
I've always liked the clean lines and look of the KOSO Front Fender that they list for the 2016+ Zuma 125, but all the websites and people that I've talked to said it was not compatible with the 2009-2015 Zuma 125 (at least not without modification). I decided to take the risk and, if necessary, mod the KOSO front fender myself. I purchased it from https://japan.webike.net/products/22757379.html (but you can also purchase it from Chris Cey @ Race Concepts via Facebook) and after receiving the part, I did a quick comparison of my OEM front fender and the KOSO fender. It looked close enough, so I tried to install it and noticed immediately that the fender was 100% compatible. I had no issues whatsoever and used all the OEM hardware/washers.

The KOSO front fender is made very well for a plastic part and has sufficient structural reinforcement built into its design on the bottom of the fender. I had a plastic fender in the past that did not have this reinforcement and it eventually cracked along the top ridge due to vibrations and bouncing. The plastic is not midnight black, more like a charcoal dark gray color, but seems to go well with my faded plastics anyway. It has an embossed KOSO logo on the top and embossed carbon fiber look along the sides. I prefer that embossed CF look over the printed CF look any day. Those printed parts just look like they're trying too hard to look like CF and end up just looking super cheap.

On another note, I will say that the KOSO rear fender is NOT at all compatible with the 2009-2015 Zuma 125. IMO, it looks nice, but I'd rather have a smooth rear fender vs that blocky look. I went with the MOS rear fender, which has that same embossed CF look texture on the plastic. It goes well with the 2009-2015 Zuma 125 and the KOSO front fender.

How-To: Fix All LED TurnSignal Flashing & NonFlashing Issues
How-To: BWS Asian HID Projector Headlight Retrofit
Taida King Cam (New In Box) For Sale: $90 Shipped
KillerScooter/BTX Foot Pegs/Bar (Scuff Marks & Slightly Bent Mounting Tabs, it Still Works Great!) For Sale: $50 Shipped
PM me for Pics...

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:32 am
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2009 125
Post Re: KOSO Front Fender for 2016+ Zuma 125 works on 2009-2015
Looks good!!!!

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]