View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 High vibration in yamaha bws 125 
Newb
Newb

Post High vibration in yamaha bws 125
Dear all i have a yamaha bws 125 model 2012 fuel injection upgraded by malossi to 155 cc. Including its variators by malossi big bore.

Ive started noticing and hearing from a period of time high vibration coming up from the engine i changed first of all the engine bracket and the engine stay. Nothing changed.

Even i checked the variators no issues were found. Kinldy advise me.

Regards

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:26 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post Re: High vibration in yamaha bws 125
Willing to bet its your belt trying to climb up the cvt. what spring you have? and what rollers are you using? the spring is probably to high of an rpm set spring you got 1000k or higher rpm spring and you might not be producing enough power to keep the belt up on the cvt. and the fight of the belt will cause the bike to vibrate like your legs are being rattled by a helicopter. The rollers may be to heavy, cuz the engine isnt able to hit max rpm's. Thats is my first guess. Do a sharpie test on the cvt to see how high the belt is climbings when you hold it at full throttle... also how old is the belt?

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:43 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am willing to bet he has 8g rollers if they are the included rollers for the Malossi CVT kit. If thats the case then u r running way to light, try 10g rollers or a combination of x3 9g and x3 11g. The avg roller weight needs to be 10g for optimum performance.

Excess vibration can be caused by your CVT working too hard to reach its optimum speed for any given RPM. Like Lambo55k said. The only other source is the Torque Driver and contra spring. If the Contra spring is too strong such as a 2000rpm spring, then your cvt is working too hard to maintain speed. If the torque driver hasnt been properly re-lubed/serviced then it may be on the verge of ripping itself apart due to excess heat from a lack of fresh grease to stave off friction. The torque driver can also be warped from dropping it or improperly disassembling and servicing it. This damage will cause vibrations too.

How-To: Fix All LED TurnSignal Flashing & NonFlashing Issues
How-To: BWS Asian HID Projector Headlight Retrofit
Taida King Cam (New In Box) For Sale: $90 Shipped
KillerScooter/BTX Foot Pegs/Bar (Scuff Marks & Slightly Bent Mounting Tabs, it Still Works Great!) For Sale: $50 Shipped
PM me for Pics...

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:22 pm
Newb
Newb

Lamb K 55 wrote:
Willing to bet its your belt trying to climb up the cvt. what spring you have? and what rollers are you using? the spring is probably to high of an rpm set spring you got 1000k or higher rpm spring and you might not be producing enough power to keep the belt up on the cvt. and the fight of the belt will cause the bike to vibrate like your legs are being rattled by a helicopter. The rollers may be to heavy, cuz the engine isnt able to hit max rpm's. Thats is my first guess. Do a sharpie test on the cvt to see how high the belt is climbings when you hold it at full throttle... also how old is the belt?

I have 155 BBK, TST Variator with 9 & 10 gram weights, 1200 RPM Torque spring. Runs just fantastic... except for the vibration. So I changed to a 1000 RPM Torque spring and that fixed the vibration problem. But I also lost a lot of torque. Uggg!

I really want the torque I get with the 1200 RPM Torque spring, and the lack of vibration I get with the 1000 RPM Torque spring. Is there something I can do? Change the Variator weights? Change the Variator Shim? Go to a bigger BBK?

CHASSIS: Dual headlight Mod plus modulator. KOSO Afterburner taillight plus modulator. Louder horn. GPS. Rear rack. Seat Mod. Smoked turn signal covers. Michelin City Grip tires. Folding mirrors. 260mm front brake rotor. GJMS rear shocks.
ENGINE: Simoto intake filter. Lightweight fan. NCY Exhaust. Taida finned valve & cam covers. 155 BBK (with bigger cam and injector)
TRANSMISSION: TST Variator (9 & 10 gram weights). KOSO lightweight Clutch Bell. NCY contra spring bearing. 1000 RPM contra spring. KOSO CVT cover.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:52 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Yes. Larger upgrades will kill the vibration. I run a 1500 rpm spring but I have jumped up to the 164bbk two sets of 8g rollers. probably should run 7g /8g for better performance but I can hit 70mph rather quickly with a larger throttle body larger crank hoedar ecu, my recommendation would be tuff out staying with the 1k spring at the 155 until you are ready to just jump up to the 218cc swap. Its preference I guess. I will stay with the 164cc on my current bike because its reliability. But the 218cc... HOLD ON!

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

164 upgrade

155 tb
239 crank
450 ecu control
85 air intake
199 oil cooler kit
120 monster starter
299 head