View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Spark Plug Concerns 
Newb
Newb

Post Spark Plug Concerns
Hi. I'm new to the forum and Zuma itself.

I have a 2009 Zuma 125 and I'm prepping my bike for winter and did the oil change, Sta-Bil, etc. I also changed my spark plug. My problem/concern is that when I screwed the spark plug back in and proceeded to put the spark plug cover back on, the rubber part doesn't look flush to the engine on one side. I don't remember how it looked before I took it out, I should've made a note of that before taking the rubber part off.

I couldn't find a good photo of the spark plug cover anywhere. I'll attach a photo of what I mean. Let me know if it's nothing to worry about or if I should attempt for the 4th time to see if I can get it flush. I don't want junk or water flying in there if you know what I mean. I did try to push the cover in with just a bit more force in case I thought it wasn't completely in but it wont go any further. Unless you think I should put MORE force and and there's supposed to be a click to it.

Also if you have a photo of your spark plug cover on at the side angle, mostly the side where the exhaust is, I'd really appreciate that. As I'm writing this, I just thought to myself, maybe I should just start the bike to see if it fires up right, unless that's a bad idea.

Attachments:
File comment: Looking from the side with No exhaust
No exhaust side.jpg
No exhaust side.jpg [ 932.17 KiB | Viewed 54 times ]
File comment: Looking from the side with the exhaust.
20171105_102255.jpg
20171105_102255.jpg [ 910.71 KiB | Viewed 54 times ]
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:15 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Spark Plug Concerns
That is a dust cover. Stuff it back down as much as possible and don't worry about it. I've always hated Sta-bil. Next year, buy a can of Seafoam motor treatment and use that. When you run the bike, it will clean jets and injectors and seems to stabilize the gas indefinitely as well.

If you start the scooter in the winter, make sure you let it warm up all the way. Moisture will condense inside the motor and you need to get it hot enough to boil off anything in there. Also, fill the gas tank as far as possible so nothing condenses there either. If you don't have your battery on a tender, expect to replace it at least every two years. You might get three with a conditioner.

I moved to southwest Florida, so I don't have to worry about winterizing anymore.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:33 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Spark Plug Concerns
Fantastic! Thanks Poser! That put me at ease actually haha. I think I'll give seafoam a shot next year.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]