View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Please help me, getting fault code 51 or 52 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Post Re: Please help me, getting fault code 51 or 52
well then you still have a fault code
maybe 51 is something we can't fix and needs to be taken care of professionally

a reset isn't going to make it go away, if whatever part is making it go on

there are parts like on the TB, if you mess with them and they go bad you have to replace the entire unit as they don't sell the components separately

there is a tip over sensor under the floor near the front if the bike falls over it cuts off the fuel pump
not sure if that is going bad, or whatever making the engine cut on and off
I suppose its easy enough to bypass but you would need to find it in the service manual
see how many wires feed it then use a meter and see what you have to do to bypass it
or maybe its as simple as unplugging it

same with the kickstand switch, if thats shorting out or something causing the engine to cut on and off

people have even had rats nest inside the headlight area with wires chewed and shorting out causing issues when it was running

unfortunately if its not a relay, or small sensor thats easy to locate and replace
the majority of the bike electronics is in the ecu

which is very expensive to change out I think around $400

yamaha does make a scan tool that will show whats going on in more detail, maybe call all your local motorcycle shops and ask if they have it
it is a tool you can buy but I think its around $300 or so

maybe its a bad ground from the battery to the frame?

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

So other than the ECU do you believe the injector may be faulty? Cause the only way to prevent the engine form stalling is to play with the throttle otherwise it shuts off like if is losing power or there is a fuel/air mixture issue. I see some used ECU on eBay for between $70-160 but who guarantees they are in good working condition. Paying $400 on a new one its a hard hit, even though I purchased the Zuma under $1000. Anyway thanks for your support I'm surprised nobody else has the knowledge and desire to help on this forum as much you do :gonk:

Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:24 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

maybe its this
last on the engine light check list

_
Start unable warning Engine trouble warning light flashes when the start switch is turned ON.

Relay is not activated even if the crank signal is input while the start switch is pushed.

Engine startability (Unable)
Vehicle drivability (Unable)

sounds like a relay, but where is the relay for the crank signal
will need to look to see if its in the battery area or headlight area, or built into the ecu

If its a relay those are easy to check and could be able to replace it easily
I think in the headlight area there may be a couple

too hard for me to say what the problem is unless you can find out what that code means

I did run into a issue recently my zuma finally died on the road after 6 years and over 12,000 miles
in the end it was my aftermarket coil that went bad

although that was one of the very first things I had checked on the side of the road, to see if I had spark
I guess it wasn't putting out enough spark

I had changed the injector, ecu, even the throttle body

but I was lucky enough to have a running zuma to swap over parts to see what went bad

then put in my old coil and that instantly fixed it

but unless you have another bike hand to steal parts off of, who knows
only way to help solve the problem is figuring out what your code is

and from what I see its not listed in the service manual

you could try to ask someone at a yamaha dealership if they happen to have a better manual or access to some online book maybe shows more codes then what our book has

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

page 6-8 shows using the yamaha scan tool to diagnose problems

http://z125data.weebly.com/uploads/7/1/2/2/7122816/zuma_125_service.pdf

the couple pages above shows all the warning light codes

and check out page 6-11

not sure if that tool is used for that page

but there is a way to make your headlights flash on and off 5 times to show some sort of code too

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

One last question please see the image attached. This is the canister wondering if the tip circled in red should connect to the fuel tank "vent" (clear hose) or to another hose?

Attachment:
canister.jpg
canister.jpg [ 21.47 KiB | Viewed 1476 times ]

Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:32 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

there is no hose on that nipple
it just vents to the outside air how you see it

the clear hose you see is an over fill hose if you fill the tank too much it will go out that and spill onto the ground
its connected to the filler neck somewhere

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Got it up and running yeaaaahhhh! On ly need to reset the ECU to erase the engine light which still on. But for the purpose of helping anybody in this forum with similar situation make sure you inspected the fuel pump components not just the pump itself. My problem was I ordered a new pump which only came with the filter nothing else. When I replaced the pump I did noticed that the o-ring that connects to the pump tip was kinda tored (deformed) and the hose was kinda cracked but didn't replaced. Therefore somehow there was a fuel pressure problem which caused the engine to choke as the pump wasn't rising the level of right amount of pressure needed causing it to an irrational throttle and eventual shut off. So I'm hoping this may help someone else out there, thanks again for this forum and specially your support. :toot:

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2