View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 2009 Zuma 125 rear axle, wheel, and swing arm help 
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 125
Post 2009 Zuma 125 rear axle, wheel, and swing arm help
Got a 2009 Zuma 125 with 12K miles from my brother. It has been sitting up for 3 years. According to him, the reason it was parked was because "the back tire was wobbly. It's missing a spacer and the rim was being ate into." I brought it home , changed the oil, gear oil, put fresh gas in it and jump started it. It fired the first time. I them proceeded to investigate what was going on with the rear. Took the exhaust off, then the swing arm and finally the wheel. Had to shake my head after looking at it. Apparently whoever "worked" on it last did not put all the parts back. Even the axle nut was missing which caused the tire to wobble and the swing arm ate into the wheel. What you see in the picture is exactly how it was when I pulled the tire off. Just a washer and spacer. NOTHING else. I've looked at diagrams online and some list more parts than others. I searched but did not see it here (or on Youtube). Is there a "How To" that breaks down what parts, and in which order, are needed from installing the wheel on the rear axle (spacers, washers, oil seal, etc?)
The Zuma in question.

The swing arm removed. Note the gouging.

The wheel.

There was NO axle nut on it. Once the wheel was removed, the only thing on the axle was a spacer and washer. Pic of just how I found it.

I have been looking for a used wheel and swing arm online. Found a wheel at a good price but when I called it had already sold. Only one listed on Ebay right now and I think the price is too high for it. Three or so swing arms on Ebay. Will pick one up from there. Looks like I need to order several parts to install which is the reason I ask if there is a video available that shows exactly how to install the things needed in the correct order. Thank you for your time.

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:53 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
Post Re: 2009 Zuma 125 rear axle, wheel, and swing arm help
the service manual will show an exploded view for all the parts

http://z125data.weebly.com/document-downloads.html
then you can figure out what you need to buy to fix it

I have wheels, and a swingarm

one wheel has a dent in the rim as it fell about 10 feet
not sure which wheel it is but could possibly be hammered back

and my spare swingarm is missing one tiny part that you can reuse off your original one, the rubber bushing where the shock mounts to

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

PM sent. Thank you.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:35 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
never got a pm

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

ZUMIKE wrote:
never got a pm

Tried again. Thanks

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]