View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Oil smells of fuel-update 
Newb
Newb

Post Oil smells of fuel-update
Hello. I have a 2013 Zuma. 3k miles on it. this is the second time I have changed the oil since I have had it. After a few weeks I am still smelling fuel in the oil when I check the dipstick. Anyone have any ideas of what this could be or had similar problems? I am the second owner of this beast. I have checked the valve lash, its good. thanks !!

Update.. I checked the compression and it read 130 psi. then i poured some oil into the hole and tested again and it read 150 psi. It seems like my rings are most likely bad. Crazy because this little scoot only has 3k miles on it. Do you guys think I should replace the rings or head gasket?

Last edited by thefattycakes on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:40 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: Oil smells of fuel
Fuel in the oil is most likely an injector issue

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:22 am
Newb
Newb

I have a manual but it states to just check the throttle body for damage. I wonder if its a seal or its too much pressure is being created by the pump. I wonder if the fuel pump was bad would it just let the gas run into the throttle body? does the throttle body let gas run into the cylinder if there is no pressure?

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:53 pm
Newb
Newb

Does anyone know where I can get a stock fuel injector? I plan on digging into this on the weekend and am researching part numbers and orings. I cant find a part number for the injector just the
Pipe Inlet Assembly 5S9-13930-03-00, anohne know where i can just get a stock injector?

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]